UFC 60

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

UFC 60

Post by Moonwynd »

As expected...Matt Hughes completely dominated Royce Gracie. It was over in the first round...The ref, Big John McCarthy, had to stop it. Hughes was fully mounted on Gracie's back and was doing his usual ground and pound.

Hughes had Gracie in a nasty armbar at one point that had Gracie's elbow bent about 20 degrees past nprmal. Gracie would not tap...I think he would have let his arm break before tapping.

Gracie always looks like a machine...no emotion...even when his arm was on the verge of breaking he showed no sign of pain or discomfort. He is truly a legend and has done so much for martial arts around the world. It is a shame to see him like this....he should never have done this..he had nothing to prove.

The moral of the story - GBJJ was revolutionary in its day. But today's MMA practitioners are so well rounded...training has improved....if you want to keep up with someone like Hughes you really need to evolve with the sport.

So Kwon...it's going to be Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock in July.....who do you pick? I am thinking Ken (who I love as well) is going to go down hard.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Hah!

I am hoping Ken but it will probably be Tito.

But it would surely be fun seeing Ken giving Tito a real whopping once and for all.

Maybe that would stop all the drama! :lol:

If i would bet any money, i'd put my money on Tito, but i'm hoping Ken takes it! :twisted:

Imagine gettin whooped by an older fighter long past his prime, especially Ken which Tito has had such a history with! :wink:

Many say, Ken has NO chance at all, but i'd love to see an unpredictable overhand right goin BAM out of nowhere! LOL
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Vera was impressive as hell, sanchez boring as fuck, some really good fights though, no complaints, nice card. One trick to BJJ is to go loose, completely loose, had he tightened his arm would have popped, but Hughes GNP'd the crap out of him.

Does Vera fight the winner of Arlovski/Sliva 3? Hope so, I just sold his stepdad a truck and am going to strikeforce in SJ with a group of them. I would love to see that fight on halloween.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Speaking of this fight, does anyone have or know where I can find the video of it? I'm dying to see it but haven't been able to find it so far!
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Hey Kry...I think they are now available for DL (at a fee of course) on UFC.com. Kwon is the man when it comes to hookups for the videos...maybe he will read this and have a source :)

I watched the UFC all access special this weekend. It took a look at Team Punishment and Tito's training for this upcoming fight. I have to say that although I have a special place in my heart for Ken..and I think Tito is a cocky prick....Tito is going to clean Ken's clock in short order.

Tito trains in Big Bear at 7k feet...and his training regimen is very impressive. I think it's just a matter of numbers here....Tito is in his prime and is as good as he says he is. Ken is past his prime. But I agree with Kwon...I would love to see Ken come out of nowhere and punish Tito in one fell swoop.
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Yeah, Tito is just too much for Ken I think. I like Ken also, I'd LIKE to see him win, but I just don't think he will. Although Tito is cocky, I think he deserves the win as well. I just don't see Shamrock training like Tito does. Did you see the fight between Griffin and Ortiz? I gotta say, I'm liking Forrest Griffin more and more. He's one of my favorites for not being a "superstar".
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Tito is past his prime, Ken is just ancient
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Kryshade wrote:Yeah, Tito is just too much for Ken I think. I like Ken also, I'd LIKE to see him win, but I just don't think he will. Although Tito is cocky, I think he deserves the win as well. I just don't see Shamrock training like Tito does. Did you see the fight between Griffin and Ortiz? I gotta say, I'm liking Forrest Griffin more and more. He's one of my favorites for not being a "superstar".
Yeah, Forrest Griffin is fun to watch. The Bonnar/Griffin match for the Ultimate Fighter finale was one hell of a great match.

I was just watching some old UFC fights...I think it was UFC 47...I may have my numbers off....but it was Ortiz vs. Liddell. I've never been a Liddell fan...but he walloped Ortiz with a flurry that put him to the canvas.

I wish I would have gotten the PPV for tonights UFC...I am dying to know the results...
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

is there a video up on google or youtube for this yet? just the tito fight
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:is there a video up on google or youtube for this yet? just the tito fight
I haven't found on online that's isn't a "pay for" video. Was a short fight though....
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Well, that didn't happen! :D

Same as usual!

Still, Wanderlei challenging Chuck was good! I want to fuck....err i want to fight chuck! :lol:
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--