EQ Progression Server

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I am thinking about it too. WoW and EQ2 aren't really doin it for me, and I want something to play once in a while !

Now I just need to decide if I want to play a bard again.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

EQ is not really a game to play once in a while.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well I would play it a few times a week, and to be honest im not too concerned with staying with the pack, it would just be fun.

I did play EQ as well, remember?
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Funkmasterr wrote:Now I just need to decide if I want to play a bard again.
Don't know how long ago you played a bard, but soloing isn't quite as easy. You can still chant kite (once you get high enough for chants) and in some areas swarm kite, but the days of AE kiting are gone. I wouldn't choose a bard again if I was going to start from scratch and play w/o power leveling.. Monks or magicians on the other hand..
Kithyen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Kithyen

Post by Kithyen »

I had a burning urge to give the new servers a whirl for shits and giggles but I don't have access to any of my past accounts anymore. Am curious to see how it all plays out and to see exactly what goals must be reached in order to open new expansions.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

Cortana
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Loving my mage, should be 36+ tonight! God I didnt realize how much I missed camping gnomes in solA.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Wow, this really is a lot of fun. I'm up to lvl 12 now on my necro...kinda behind everyone else but I just really got started 2 days ago. EC with all the sow\breeze or clarity bots is too easy though. I can kite 3 even \ yellow cons at once with no problem and have mana left after.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Looks like a busy place:

Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

The angle looks weird in that pic.. is that The Warrens? (Or whatever that place between paineel and stonebrunt is called)
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I logged in and started a bard last night, anyone got a home for me? :twisted:
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Siji wrote:The angle looks weird in that pic.. is that The Warrens? (Or whatever that place between paineel and stonebrunt is called)
Right click on the image and look at the properties!

http://bubbab.ath.cx/~brfewster/EQ/warrens.jpg
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The Progression Server Timeline on http://www.everquest.com is pretty cool. Based on that you can see the amount of work it will take to unlock everything. I don't even want to imagine the requirements to finish LDoN and LoY. Not very popular expansions as far as some of the events go.

Didn't know FoH came back for things. Interesting. Reading their forums one almost thinks it's the 'good ole days.' Gotta love the vox/naggy dramas!
Confirmed by witnesses that you bind rushed both Naggy and Vox and had healers bound outside as well to run in and CH the tanks. You were getting nervous that ROI was going to beat you to the punch so you used exploit tactics to get ahead. It doesnt matter what you do from here on out, the very first kills on Progression were from fucking exploits and shitty rules of engagement. Funny but I think NO ONE from FoH even thought twice when the order to bind rush was given. You are fucking jokes and EVERYONE on both progression servers knows it, or is about to.
I hope SOE will not count your kills as legit as Maddoc said zerg progression kills will not count.
Pieces of shit.
lol. Going to have to bookmark those.

Edit:

http://eqprogression.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=69 to see all the requirements although some are a bit cryptic.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

which progression server is everyone on?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:http://eqprogression.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=69 to see all the requirements although some are a bit cryptic.
Wow. There's enough raiding there to kill about a hundred marriages or so.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Both servers are already about to unlock Kunark. This has been out for what, less than 2 weeks?

Have fun guys~

I seriously don't see where this "we expect all the expansions to take about a year" thing came from Sony, unless they now put in an artificial time sink not allowing players to unlock anything for some unknown reason. Wasn't this initial opening supposed to be the slowest part?
miir and I are best friends. <3
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

looks like the epic weapon quests are part of the progression.
Hell Warrior epic alone will take about a year for that stupid green scale. :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think it's a bit early to jump to any conclusions. I didn't expect opening Kunark to take all that long. Opening Velious either although keying enough people up for VP should slow people up especially with competition.

There's still a lot of content to go through.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I think it's a bit early to jump to any conclusions. I didn't expect opening Kunark to take all that long. Opening Velious either although keying enough people up for VP should slow people up especially with competition.

There's still a lot of content to go through.
Yeah, the lines of people waiting to kill the various mobs for the VP key should be interesting!

I thought the VP key quest was kinda fun but the camps, besides Karnors, never seemed too crowded.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sabek wrote:looks like the epic weapon quests are part of the progression.
Two words - Phinnegel Autropos (or however the hell its spelled). He is going to put a damper on a lot of people getting epics.
Apostate
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Apostate »

Mr Bacon wrote:Both servers are already about to unlock Kunark. This has been out for what, less than 2 weeks?

Have fun guys~

I seriously don't see where this "we expect all the expansions to take about a year" thing came from Sony, unless they now put in an artificial time sink not allowing players to unlock anything for some unknown reason. Wasn't this initial opening supposed to be the slowest part?
A year for the progression servers to 'catch up' to the current servers is way too optimistic I think. I personally doubt that the servers will have a guild that can do it at all before EQ shuts down for good, but might surprise me. I kind of expect it to, best case, always be running an expansion behind.

My best guess would be the servers stall out in GoD, lose interest there, and are eventually shut down at that point in progression, probably leading to some Too-Late-To-Help retuning of old encounters. Best of luck to the folks trying though. While I don't think it's impossible, I think that Uqua will be very easy compared to clearing Tacvi at 65, and I have my doubts about that happening.
Dal-KoE
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dal-KoE »

Apostate wrote: I think that Uqua will be very easy compared to clearing Tacvi at 65, and I have my doubts about that happening.
I have a lot of respect for those guilds that did Tacvi at 65.. This zone is truely a "Trial by Fire" for those guilds that can do it now (70), given today's EQ population and state of raiding guilds. We got to Pirik (Balancer) last night with 41 and it can be a real test.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Sabek wrote:looks like the epic weapon quests are part of the progression.
Two words - Phinnegel Autropos (or however the hell its spelled). He is going to put a damper on a lot of people getting epics.
Really only need one of each class completed so that wont be a huge roadblock. Probably the only epic 1.0 that people will want to spend a lot of time on is Cleric for the rez clicky.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re:

Post by Aslanna »

Apostate wrote:A year for the progression servers to 'catch up' to the current servers is way too optimistic I think. I personally doubt that the servers will have a guild that can do it at all before EQ shuts down for good, but might surprise me. I kind of expect it to, best case, always be running an expansion behind.

My best guess would be the servers stall out in GoD, lose interest there, and are eventually shut down at that point in progression, probably leading to some Too-Late-To-Help retuning of old encounters. Best of luck to the folks trying though. While I don't think it's impossible, I think that Uqua will be very easy compared to clearing Tacvi at 65, and I have my doubts about that happening.
It seems they are still going although it looks like they lost one of the progression servers. Must have been a merge. Anyway, after a year looks like they are just about ready to unlock DoD after only two days. But we all know DoN isn't that tough really. From the look of things GoD didn't slow them down very much.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/serve ... rverId=152 for a text version of the timeline if interested!

--
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: EQ Progression Server

Post by Mr Bacon »

Any word on whether or not they plan to start this over again with a new server? I wasn't interested last summer, but i'd totally do this now. It's obviously too late to start up on The Combine now to get the game experience I want.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

The Combine server actually sounds like it has a fun ruleset!

But, will Trolls change look as soon as the Ykesha expansion is unlocked?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

It was really fun until the expansions started opening. The old world (pre kunark) didn't get played in for that long before everyone was gone. (The only reason I was playing anyway)
BaltasarPE
No Stars!

Post by BaltasarPE »

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_ ... m?id=50528

talks of a new progression server, perhaps longer time-delayed or pvp. Check out the link to the forum topics!
Kithyen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Kithyen

Post by Kithyen »

I would totally be up for both a progression/pvp server combined. That would make me start back up my accounts in a heartbeat.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

Cortana
Clatis
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Clatis »

So is this thing live? and do I need a CD key to get into the server or pay a monthly fee?

I actually miss EQ a bit...
Clatis Shizam/Fogdog Deeznutz -rocking no longer

When I leave come togetha like butt cheeks