Congrats druids~!

WoW Discussion
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Congrats druids~!

Post by Sargeras »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... dID=863054
Eyonix wrote:When patch 1.11 releases, Innervate will become a base ability for all Druids, trainable at level 40. Once the patch is live, any Druid who formerly had the Innervate talent will instead have the "Swiftmend" talent, which has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point talent. This new ability will consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect to produce an instant heal.
Gratz~!
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

Talent #2 druids get changed to a base ability.

Wtb adrenaline rush base ability level 40.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

This is about fugging time too.

Now the only way druids could have their cake and eat it too is if this was usable in feral form.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

hmmm. I was perfectly happy with the way it was before.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Granted, I don't play my Druid as much anymore but I was fine with the way it was before. I guess they are trying to make it so that you don't have to be a resto druid to be invited to big raids.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Necessary change imo. Innervate was and had always been a much more class defining ability(notice I didn't say necessary) than forms or balance.

With this change, Blizzard just recognised that the majority of the player base deem this a critical skill and have made the change.

I still see Balance and Ferals being pressured into healing and that's a good thing as it's still one of their core abilities but now at least they won't have the pressure of speccing 31 points that way for 1 skill.

This change has me considering coming back to WoW.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Hell, I think my Feral druid is overpowered as it is, lol. Now I'll have Innervate too? When I'm in caster gear, I have over 9k mana. Fuck, I'll never run out of mana now.

I can't wait to see the people come out of the woodwork crying about this...
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Hell, I think my Feral druid is overpowered as it is, lol. Now I'll have Innervate too? When I'm in caster gear, I have over 9k mana. Fuck, I'll never run out of mana now.

I can't wait to see the people come out of the woodwork crying about this...
What had gotten me somewhat cheezed about WoW in the first place is that I had gotten to 60 with old school talents and had purposefully chose restoration in the first place. Then they went ahead and made the feral tree godly and all my gear was based on healing. I did have a set of crap feral stuff lying around but nothing major. Since I was raiding most of the time too, Innervate was still a major factor in my build. I tried out a few specs with Feral and Balance, went back to resto, got bored and quit.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What had gotten me somewhat cheezed about WoW in the first place is that I had gotten to 60 with old school talents and had purposefully chose restoration in the first place. Then they went ahead and made the feral tree godly and all my gear was based on healing. I did have a set of crap feral stuff lying around but nothing major. Since I was raiding most of the time too, Innervate was still a major factor in my build. I tried out a few specs with Feral and Balance, went back to resto, got bored and quit.
My RL best friend is 51 pts. resto, by choice. He has nice Bear AC, but sacrifices all his other stats in the process. Basically, he has a +Healing build, and is equipped to the teeth. We've talked at great length about how Blizzard has been subtly nudging druids into our other trees, but we agreed months ago that as long as Innervate is 31pt resto, they would be forced into that role for raiding. Blizzard has been steadily introducing equipment into the game that strengthens our role as a hybrid. The writing has been on the wall for months, I just didn't see giving everyone Innervate being anywhere in thier solution.

So, the question I posed to my friend is: How many druids specced for healing vs. how many specced to Innervate Priests on raids?

I think the answer is overwhelmingly obvious, and proof that this change was justified. Those druids that specced strictly for a healing role will still have all thier same old abilities, plus a new heal which is rumored to be a healing version of Conflagrate, which would be a great talent if proven correct. So, thier role is unchanged, but thier primary abilities get a very nice improvement. I fail to see what a Restoration druid would have to complain about, if healing was really what they wanted to be doing.

I'm a little dissappointed that my Feral druid will no longer be unique. Instead I'll just be another druid when everyone respecs.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote: I'm a little dissappointed that my Feral druid will no longer be unique. Instead I'll just be another druid when everyone respecs.
Didn't this happen back in 1.9 though? Ferals were truly unique before that patch. After I ran into quite a few of em a day.

After 1.11, I expect there to be a lot more equal of a distribution of the 3 specs.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

No, it's completely uncommon on my server. We have 8 druids in our guild. 7 Resto and me. I've grouped with another Feral druid once since our repec patch, and moonkin twice. Keep in mind I do a lot of PUGs too. However, we've had 2 guild druids on the edge of resepecing out of Resto for the past several weeks. I'm certian this will push them over the egde. I just hope one of them goes Moonkin!

I tried Feral prior to our patch, but it was really, really bad. I thought it was a complete waste of time and respecced back to resto after a month or so.

Our current Feral tree fucking rocks.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

My druid was feral through beta. I respec'd him once at the request of the guild for innervate. I hated it and quit. Later I came back, respec'd back to Feral, and had a blast...but then I changed servers and started a rogue :p
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Between this and IAE and Evo being innate for mages, I sure as fuck hope they do the same thing for Aimed and/or Scatter for Hunters.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

They should keep Innervate as the 31 pt talent for resto but make it rank 2 or something.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Between this and IAE and Evo being innate for mages
for trues? Thats good news for my mage alt. Is there anything else to preview?
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

They should keep Innervate as the 31 pt talent for resto but make it rank 2 or something.
That wouldn't solve the problem they are addressing here.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Thats on top of making it a learned spell to replace them taking it away from a talent.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Lynks wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
Thats on top of making it a learned spell to replace them taking it away from a talent.
That would negate the effect of making it a learned skill completely.
Everyone would be "D00d, spec resto to get the GOOD Innervate"

Personally I would've prefered to see something that cut down on our res timer however this seems pretty decent too.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Lynks wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
Meh. I think we'll stick with Blizzard's plan of just giving it to druids as a Core ability.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

I just don't want another healing spell. I reall only use 2 of them (The biggest heal or the 3rd biggest heal). I rarely use regrowth unless its an emergency or Rejuv unless I'm full of mana.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So spec resto to the point where it benifits those 2 spells, then spec into another tree with what's left over.

You do realize the restoration tree just got better, right? You have had nothing taken away from you. I would think a restoration druid would be estatic about the change...
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on May 2, 2006, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

It does open up a tactic of tossing rejuvs on people just to keep HP's up and having the option of turning it into a insta-heal if they get crit on or hit by bad damage, something a druid never had in the past.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Fairweather Pure wrote:You have had nothing taken away from you. I would think a restoration druid would be estatic about the change...
Yes I did, the edge I had over non-resto druids is gone now.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Lynks wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:You have had nothing taken away from you. I would think a restoration druid would be estatic about the change...
Yes I did, the edge I had over non-resto druids is gone now.
Not particularly. You can still heal much better than any non-resto druids, which was the goals of the talents to begin with.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Being able to turn a regen into a big one time heal could be very useful, assuming they don't put a retarded cooldown on it. One minute max, IMO.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
a_guide
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by a_guide »

Animalor wrote:It does open up a tactic of tossing rejuvs on people just to keep HP's up and having the option of turning it into a insta-heal if they get crit on or hit by bad damage, something a druid never had in the past.
If you have natures swiftness you could make a full heal insta-cast.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

a_guide wrote:
Animalor wrote:It does open up a tactic of tossing rejuvs on people just to keep HP's up and having the option of turning it into a insta-heal if they get crit on or hit by bad damage, something a druid never had in the past.
Very true, however I wouldn't spit on a second insta-heal.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:
a_guide wrote:
Then you're not a healing druid. You just wanted to be a mana battery for priests. You're not the only resto druid having an identity crisis right now.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Animalor wrote:
a_guide wrote:
Then you're not a healing druid. You just wanted to be a mana battery for priests. You're not the only resto druid having an identity crisis right now.
I think one of us is misunderstanding Animalor's post. I was reading it as he was in support of the change to resto as it would open up new options.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Boogahz wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
Animalor wrote:
a_guide wrote:
I think one of us is misunderstanding Animalor's post. I was reading it as he was in support of the change to resto as it would open up new options.
My bad, it was a fast response, thought he was Lynks. Sorry about that Animalor!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

This is silly overpowered.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Lynks wrote:I just don't want another healing spell. I reall only use 2 of them (The biggest heal or the 3rd biggest heal). I rarely use regrowth unless its an emergency or Rejuv unless I'm full of mana.
Ironically, I love regrowth over the other two and use it as my primary heaing spell. Does anyone know if the new big spell will give the same amount of healing regardless if it is a rejuv or a regrowth? And here is a kicker, does it have to be your rejuv that gets consumed? Say Lynks casts a rejuv and I follow up with the new spell. Would that work?

That'd be like passing the ball/puck to the main scorer. He sets them up and you knock them down. or whatever cliche you can come up with.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote: My bad, it was a fast response, thought he was Lynks. Sorry about that Animalor!
:D No worries. If I were to go back to WoW, I'd most likely stay Resto anyhow. Personally, I love what that tree brings to the table.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

does this ability cost a soul shard, a rediculous amount of mana, and have a retarded long cooldown?

(conflagrate has probably had it's cooldown reduced, and mana reduced since the last time i touched my warlock...i just felt like running my mouth)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Bitter, party of one...
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt