Battlefield 2 1.21 patch is out!

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Battlefield 2 1.21 patch is out!

Post by noel »

You can get it on Fileplanet and a few other places. This is supposed to fix the few issues they fucked up with the 1.2 patch. As usual, EA did a bang-up job with the patch notes:
Fixed the Hmmwv with TOW crash on Battlefield 2: Special Forces maps
Fixed the Battle Recorder crash
Fixed the screen capture
Fixed the issue with Pixel Shader 1.4 video cards
Fixed the issue that caused heat seeking missiles to stick to oil towers
Fixed the issue that caused heat seaking missiles to ziz-zag
Reduced the maximum number of claymores that can be dropped to 2
Fixed the Server Browser filter to enable search by map name
Fixed the error in Client
Server communication causing sound, animation and other sync issues.
Hopefully 'Fixed the error in Client' means that I won't have teammates showing up with red names anymore...
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Yep, that's about as vague as it gets.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Hopefully this was meant as a joke .. but if not..I'm sure the last 2 lines were meant to go together..

"Fixed the error in Client/Server communication causing sound, animation and other sync issues."
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

The other night, we had someone show up in green color who was actually on the other side. Let's hope that and the team member red is fixed. I have racked up more team kills because of this however since I am a medic, I am able to res them.
Adelrune Argenti
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

The other night, we had someone show up in green color who was actually on the other side.
Yeah I saw the same thing happen like 3 weeks ago. He spent the entire game killing his teammates and getting punished. He never figured out what was going on and was telling us to fuck off for getting punished constantly up until the end of the game
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

btw anyone tried the PKM lately?

That fucking thing is insane now. I used to always play assault but this gun is just too nice. Accuracy and recoil of an assault rifle (when prone), 100 round clip, ~400 rpm, but it can still drop a guy in 2 or 3 shots.. AND pierce light armor. What the fuck??
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I haven't tried it recently. I might have to use it later this week when I get a chance to play. It was nice before. Was it changed in this last patch as well?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

yeah they "upgraded the support class" in a vague and mystical way 1.2

I didnt unlock the PKM until after the patch, so I have no idea if it was like this before or not. I do see a lot more people using it now though.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Well, the SAW was the only support weapon that was worth a damn before. I used the PKM after 1.2 mainly because so many of the other Support weapons were crap.
Kryshade
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kryshade »

Hey, I recently bought this game, and have been cracking on it hardcore. I've found a couple decent servers, but is there one that you guys tend to frequent? I'd love to find a regular group of competant people to play with. Anyone got a server name or server IP to toss my way?

Also, while on the topic, is there an online manual or something that actually tells you what the hell all the menus etc mean? (For instance, on the loading screen, there's an "Auto Ready On" toggle, I have no clue what the hell it's for...)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I believe most of it is covered in the manual that comes with the game. I never use auto ready on just in case I walk away from the computer when it's loading, or in case I want to look through scores a bit.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

v1.3 patch is out now...some interesting things in there and quite a few fixes:
NEW FEATURES

* Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.

* Co-op: Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.

o Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that will spawn in game.

o Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC, Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.

o Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is easiest, 100 is the most difficult.

* Default Kit Selection: The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between maps.

GENERAL BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

* Fixed issues with remote console and linux server.

* Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.

* Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.

* Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where the continuously play.

* If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.

* Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.

* Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets.

* Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

* Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality.

* Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.

* Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.

* Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle.

* Adjusted award criteria.

* Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using "connect to IP."

* Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account.

* Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa).

* Fixed a crash caused when a player is joining a map and another player logs into the same account.

* Fixed a Dragon Valley exploit.

* Fixed a bug on Zatar Wetlands where AA missiles would not lock onto oil towers.

* Fixed a bug that caused the Eurofighter explosion to appear as a Mig-29 wreckage.

* Armor Bar removed from occupied machinegun emplacements.

* Fixed a bug on Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands that caused enemy AA sites to not display in bombing HUD.

SPECIAL FORCES BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

* Firing crossbow from open vehicle position causes others to see player weapon firing.

* Fixed Repair Hud for the engineer when in a vehicle and repairing a team mate vehicles.

* Fixed a bug on Strike at Karkand where players were able to get inside a building by Train Accident when FF is turned off.

* Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable the Chinese artillery.

* Fixed a bug in Zatar Wetlands 32 where commander assets were not being properly dropped to the location specified by the User.