GUN

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

GUN

Post by Zamtuk »

i picked this up for the xbox and fucking love it. its a basic cowboys vs indians plot (which come to think of it, is pretty original) and a semi fps. you run around with a shotgun and a knife killing injuns with lots of blood involved. the coolest element i think is the quickdraw mode where you pull a gun and everything goes to slow motion. its definately worth the rent, not sure if i would buy it, i feel like i will beat this soon enough and be finished with it.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

It sounds a lot like Red Dead Revolver as far as the mechanics go. Which was a western done by the GTA guys (used the same engine actually). Was very enjoyable for a western freak like myself.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Rented it - it's entertaining, but I have a few beefs with it... the environments are terribly done. It's like running around in EQ1 almost. You have a rocket powered horse; 0 to 30 in 0.01 seconds. A lot of the "quests" and "side quests" are extremely stupid.

Aside from that, it's fun. I like the gameplay; quickdraw mode is definitely cool. Never played Red Dead Revolver so I'm not sure what that's like.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

You know what would be really cool? a Western themed MMO. You could be a settler, a gunslinger, an indian, a bandit, a soldier. Now that would rock.
Adelrune Argenti
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

just as long as i could say fuck every other word like al fuckin swearengen, then im cool with that!
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

It sounds a lot like Red Dead Revolver as far as the mechanics go.
Its a-lot like Red Dead Revolver. I didn't like that game, and I don't like this one! I will admit to only playing about 45 minutes including the intro.

P.S. Doesn't help when the main character looks like David Arquette
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Adelrune Argenti wrote:You know what would be really cool? a Western themed MMO. You could be a settler, a gunslinger, an indian, a bandit, a soldier. Now that would rock.
God dammit, youve said it now, within like 5 weeks there'll be plans for about 20 of em!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Adelrune Argenti wrote:You know what would be really cool? a Western themed MMO. You could be a settler, a gunslinger, an indian, a bandit, a soldier. Now that would rock.
Oooh, you're hired.
I'd hate Hillary just as much if it was a woman. ┌┘ Winnow
you pretentious fuckwits ┌┘ Nick
:roll: ┌┘ Miir
thoroughly groped┌┘ Xyun
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Adelrune, I've been saying that for a couple years.

But I know I'm a freak for westerns, I dunno how many other people in the marketable age group are really into that sort of thing.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

What about a CHINESE RAILROAD WORKER?! It would give a whole new meaning to Chinese gold farmer.

I don't know why I thought of this. I like rice and dumplings.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

i just figured out that the priest in this game is Doc Cochran from Deadwood!
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I bought this and beat it on the same day I got it. (At least I went through the entire story, skipped some sidequests)

It's way too short, but it's a pretty fun game up until the point where you realize how damn quick you're gonna beat it.

The sidequests are mostly stupid, but after you beat the story it drops you back in the world so you can finish whatever you left undone.

6/10 for this one.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Its a fun game. But like others said it is WAY too short. I would be a bit more forgiving if there was actually more to do. You can NOT make an open ended game without putting stuff to do afterwords. I rented the game a little while ago, and 2 days before I had to return it I had 100%.
[Show]
Whats really annoying are the 100% rewards. This shit you get would have been nice if I still had anything left to do in the game. The ONLY thing left to do if fucking town showdowns which are easy as fuck and the occasional bandit attacks (which the only thing unpredictable about them is when they happen, not where) of yeah, They are fucking easier than town showdowns! When the hell is there going to be a GTA or GTA wanna be game that lets you repeat missions when you want to?
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Played it too, and had great fun.
I kinda liked the graphics, not the pretties, but worked for that type of environment. The sidequests ranged from cool (ranchhand, could be bothersome to get the bloody cattle to comply, but nice idea and nicely done) to boring (town showdowns, think you kill the averate population for 2 towns pr showdown, boring and unrealistic), to idiotic (poker games, i dont know the rules of poker, it didnt explain any of it, and i was still able to win half the poker games before i finished the game and didnt feel like going back to get 100% from playing poker).
The game was WAY too short though, i missed i think 3 or 4 poker games, and 1 pony express, did all other sidequests, and still managed to get through the game on normal setting in 9 hour.
If it had something to do after, or had been 2-3 times the size, it would have been a buy game for me.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

That kills me... they make a game with NINE hours of gameplay and with limited replayability and expect people to drop $50+ on it.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z