T.O.is done as an Eagle

What do you think about the sports world?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

T.O.is done as an Eagle

Post by noel »

Just announced on the radio. Don't have a link yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216703
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

bout time, i was so tired of him bringing my team spirit down.

If you get in a fight with Douglas, then call out the rest of the team, you deserve to be kicked out of the league.

Owens made the stupidest mistake of his career, now teams know what he is really like, and most likely threw away his chance to ever win a super bowl, because i doubt any smart or well played team will pick him up after this.

He may be good on the field, but that doesn't mean shit when he starts fights in the locker room.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
XunilTlatoani
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by XunilTlatoani »

I don't think there is any doubt that T.O. will be picked up by someone next year. The question is who? IMO, these would be the teams that I would think he might end up on (bear in mind that I am not familiar with salary cap room, etc. for each team):

- Oakland: Has shown an indifference to troubled stars in the past and would drool at the thought of a Moss/Owens tandem
- Minnesota: Culpepper is crap without a big play receiver
- Atlanta: Vick desperately needs a big play receiver to throw to
- San Diego: Brees + LT + Gates + Owens would make a deadly offensive combo
Xunil Tlatoani - Gnome Arch Lich (Retired)
Keepers of the Elements

Tlatoani - Gnome Warlock
Light of Dawn (Lightbringer Server)
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

T.O. will play again someplace: even with his attitude problems he is still a tremendous athlete... hell even that mouthy piece of shit Keshawn was able to find a home and T.O. has walked the talk a lot more convincingly than he has...
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Keshawn never took a swing at one of his teammates. I wish Hugh Douglas would have broken TO's spine.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

As a redskins fan, I'd just like to give a formal "thank you" to T.O. for the easy win.

Thanks!

Oh and the best part, is that I know my skins will NEVER pick up such an asshole fucktard of a player.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

Does anyone else find this whole situation fishy?

T.O. has a altercation with Hugh Douglas on Wednesday. Where by all reports Hugh aggreviated the issue. Hugh is not on the team this year and is in some wierd "ambassador role" for the Eagles. A guy who for all intents had no fucking business in the locker room to begin with.

The next day T.O. goes on air and says it was shitty for the eagles not to give him some kind on nod for his 100th td reception. He is right on that account.

He then goes on to say essentially Favre>Mcnabb. That could be a contested point but still his opinion. He never said Mcnabb was a bad QB just that Favre would be better for his team. Its a shitty thing to say, but still with those 2 past not out of line.

I think its important to remember what happened the day before his interview with espn.

I think its just a little wierd that the Hugh Douglas fiasco doesn't come out untill Sunday. It puts a different spin on this entire thing in my eyes.

The Eagles handled this situation just as poorly if not more so then T.O.
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Sumdaor wrote:The next day T.O. goes on air and says it was shitty for the eagles not to give him some kind on nod for his 100th td reception. He is right on that account.
The only problem with this is that the Eagles have a policy that they recognize achievements of the team, not the players (IIRC). I've always hated people who want to live in the limelight so I have no sympathy on this count. He needs to shut the fuck up, do his job, and be a team player. Sure he has great talent. But his mouth is a liability. If he could keep his enormous ego in check and learn a little humility, he'd be awesome.

But that's too much to ask I think.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think TO should be a football Mercenary. Play only 1 year contracts for whoever needs him the most. I personally don't like the guy, a lot. But when I think of what he can do on the field just by being there I wouldn't mind him playing a season with Favre.
Withefel
No Stars!

Post by Withefel »

I really dont think Farve and T.O. would work out. T.O. would go spouting off at the mouth or show up late for practice one time and he'd never see a pass from Farve. Brett knows how to play a *team* game and is a team player, the two would never work out on the same side of the ball.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

TO playing with Favre would ultimately result in an unconcious TO and a sore fisted Favre.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fucknut has yet to realise that football is a team game.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Sumdaor wrote: The next day T.O. goes on air and says it was shitty for the eagles not to give him some kind on nod for his 100th td reception. He is right on that account.
Bullshit, they lost the game. Bitch about losing the game, not some "milestone". Eagles needed a win.

He'll end up in Oakland. It'd be a pisser seeing Moss and Owens run each other over pissing and moaning each step of the way.
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Chidoro wrote:
Bullshit, they lost the game. Bitch about losing the game, not some "milestone". Eagles needed a win.
Actually, his 100th came in their win over San Diego. So they got the win as well. I know this is true because Keenan McCardell mocked T.O's celebration on his next catch in the same game.
Adelrune Argenti
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

San Diego is a good example of players who know that their teammates make them better. LT is without a doubt the best player in the NFL right now, but do you hear him dissing Gates or his QB? Fuck no. Even Gates, who held out during the pre-season, eventually reigned in his agent, telling him to stop trying for "Tony Gonzales" money, and to just get him "Antonio Gates" money and keep him a Charger.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

LT2 is phenominal. :D

The sad thing is TO is an incredibly gifted and talented athlete who could be a future hall of famer. Unfortunately he'll be remembered only for being an egotistical, self centered prick who epitomises everything that is wrong with professional sports.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

I couldn't agree more.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Badabidi
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: DaveShapelle

Post by Badabidi »

I'm glad Reid had the balls to shut this guy down. TO's been a problem ever since they lost the Super Bowl
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

No one can argue about his ablity as a receiver but unfortunalty have the talent doesn't make you a good player. He is one of the worst players in the game atm due to his ego and mouth. If he would just shut the hell up and play and try to do whats best for the team not worry about his 100th reception he would still be playing. I love the fact he is done for the year.

If only more people played and acted like Marvin Harrison the league would be a better place.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Now Jesse Jackson is involved in this fucking circus. I'm sure he's gonna turn this into a black and white issue, despite the fact that most of the people TO had problems with were his black teammates.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I eagerly await a joint news conference with Jesse Jackson and Drew Rosenhaus.

That would be a most glorious event.