Honda Odyssey

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Honda Odyssey

Post by Marbus »

OK... don't laugh but does anyone drive one of these Honda Minivans? I've been looking at getting rid of the SUV and these have a verable engine that will shut off 3 cylinders on the Interstate. (Kind of like what GM failed at in the 80s with their 8/6/4 engine). It's big enough to take everyone but will get about twice the gas mileage.

In regards to a minivan they handle VERY well, no it's not a sports car but it's much better than any of the others I've driven. Still plan on looking at the Toyota Sienna as well but have always prefered Honda.

Anyone got one of these and willing to admit it :) If so what are your thoughts. I'm looking at the EX-L model with DVD.

Thanks!
Marb
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

My Mom's got a 2003, she likes it better than her old Sienna. She'd have probably have bought another Toyota but they were going for a premium in STL at the time.

I don't imagine this variable displacement scheme will work too much better than the last one did. Definately wouldn't buy it first year, it's going to have problems.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Yea that is what worries me. However the design actually came out last year but that engine was only in the Touring (top of the line) model. From what I can find out they haven't had any problems with it so they put it in the next highest model (the EX-L) as well this year. Will probably be a little bit before I decide so I'll keep checking.

Thanks!
Marb
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Actually all 2005 Odysseys with leather came with the VCM to improve mileage. EX-L (with our without dvd/nav) and the tourings... this year it's in the 2wd pilots as well

Ohhh and I sell these, if you need a hand making sure you get a great deal let me know
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

both of my sister-in-laws have a 2005.

it's a nice car. its a honda, what else do you need ot know about it?

if you are getting a van, it is the best one. The toyota is pretty close second probably.

my wife has a 2003 Chrysler T&C, which is nice enough, but the transmissions suck on those.

i will tell you the Odysseys hold their resale value,, because we were looking at them when we bought our van, and for the same price i could by a T&C with like 25K, i would have to get an Odyssey with 100K miles. and they were totally abused too. 100K miles with kids in the back of a car? that thing is fucking trashed, and it still held its value pretty well.