Nissan GT-R (Skyline) prototype revealed

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Nissan GT-R (Skyline) prototype revealed

Post by Kelshara »

http://www.gtrproto.com/

Interesting car. Rumor has it that it will have a twin-turbo 350Z engine and AWD but that remains to be seen.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

How could they take a 350z/G35 and make it so fucking ugly.
I think those are two of the nicest looking cars on the market right now...but this thing is just hideous. The angles and lines are all wrong and the front end looks like a Caddilac reject.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

well, in all honesty, it must be awd...or it's not a skyline.

I don't like the front end, but that's because i don't like the front end of the 350z. If something different were done witht he headlamp assembly, I would like it. The rest of the car looks good.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

miir wrote:How could they take a 350z/G35 and make it so fucking ugly.
I think those are two of the nicest looking cars on the market right now...but this thing is just hideous. The angles and lines are all wrong and the front end looks like a Caddilac reject.
You've never seen a Skyline have you?

And yeah, it has to be AWD. Sure wish they would release more info though..
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Date Posted 10-18-2005

TOKYO — Shiro Nakamura, head of design at Nissan Motor, says the company's breathtaking GT-R Proto concept, unveiled Wednesday at the auto show here, is "80 to 90 percent" close to the vehicle design that will be produced in 2007.

While the nose of the GT-R Proto is more conceptual in nature, Nakamura said the car's greenhouse, side profile and rear end, especially the retro-style round taillamps, are "very close" to the final design.

Carlos Tavares, Nissan's executive vice president of product planning, wouldn't reveal many more details of the next-generation GT-R.

"There are a lot of expectations," he said. "We don't want to disappoint our fans."

Tavares no doubt was referring to the hordes of enthusiasts who've begged Nissan over the years to market its legendary Skyline GT-R away from home. The new GT-R will be the first in the series to be exported to other markets. The car will be launched in Japan and will go on sale soon afterward in Europe and North America, Tavares said.

The GT-R will have the same powertrain in all markets, he said. Sources tell Inside Line that Nissan is considering a twin-turbocharged, 3.7-liter V6 that produces about 450 horsepower and drives all four wheels through a seven-speed sequential gearbox.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

It looks like a 1989 Toyota Supra!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That car is a hideous monster. It looks like an Aztek coup. It's not even remotely attractive to me.
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

kinda looks like a tiburon
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Aztek Coupe? Boy you're smoking some good stuff..

It isn't supposed to be sleep like a Porsche. It is following the Skyline tradition, basically the Japanese version of a muscle car. And at least the older Skylines were a modders wet dream :)
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

I think the front end really kills the car. It's obviously one of the 350Z rejects they thought they could reuse.
i am a liberal.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

I love the look. I don't think thoese pictures do it justice tho.

This looks better imo, http://modified.com/gtr/

Tons of people hated the new 350z look. I sure did. I LOVED the Z cars since I owned my first one back in the 90s. I hated the idea of how it was going to look comming 2002. Now I love how it looks.But I would buy a Skyline over a 350z.Also the 450bhp that they are expecting it to put out, is a nice touch also :)

This Skyline should be sold in the US. Its a shame the Skyline was never sold here and only Japan.
Sendarie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sendarie »

Raistin wrote: This Skyline should be sold in the US. Its a shame the Skyline was never sold here and only Japan.
You can still buy New/Used Skylines here in the states.
Motorex imports and legalizes them.
About $100k for the nicest models.

edit: The Skyline is staying true to its form with basic looks and functionality (awd, TT, high hp and HOPEFULLY mod potential).

I dont think the GT-R got the headlights from the 350Z so much as the 350Z got the headlights for the GT-R.
They've been building this car for a long time now.
Sendarie
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

This car is fucking sexy.

That is all.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Side/rear profile isn't bad at all. The front end is laughable. Yes, it looks like and Aztek coupe!