Plantar Fasciitis

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Plantar Fasciitis

Post by miir »

Started working out again recently and started developing some pretty fierce foot/heel pain.

Aside from the usual stretching and heat/cold, has anyone else who's had this tried anything specific to help speed up the healing? I don't really want to take a break from my cardio routine but that seems to be the root cause.

edit: not sure if this is the right forum, but I figure some of you guys might have encountered someone who's had this or have had it yourself.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

What do you do for cardio? And exactly where is the pain?
Fortune favors the brave!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Tegellan wrote:What do you do for cardio? And exactly where is the pain?
I do my cardio on treadmill and eliptical trainer and the pain is exactly where plantar fasciitis pain commonly is.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

The reason I asked is that I am not english speaking by default, and we call it something else over here, but I googled it.

The most common cure for it, is an insert to give you foot support or ibuprofen either in pills or in gel form or whatever. Or just giving it a rest, since it most commonly comes form increasing your activity rate too much after a break period, like you said you did.
Fortune favors the brave!
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Ibuprofen (Motrin) (Advil) 800mg three times a day for at least one week. Also, soaking your feet in water as hot as you can stand for around 5min and then massaging the area using a clockwise motion with your thumbs and alternate by pulling towards the toes and heel at the same time to stretch the tendon out. Can be done without soaking but the deep moist heat really helps to loosen up the tendon and surrounding muscles.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
icknay
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by icknay »

Funny...this really bothered me a couple of years ago. The more active I became in martial arts the more painful my mornings were. Now I'm equally active and haven't had any pain in over a year (knock wood).
Good luck man, that can really hurt.
Nick