Request: Vanguard Forum

Post your ideas and problems with the site/board here

Moderator: TheMachine

Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Request: Vanguard Forum

Post by Mr Bacon »

Several of us won't stop talking about Vanguard - especially in IRC.

Clearly Vanguard is being considered the next "big" MMO, so chances are more will be asking for it closer to release, but I don't see why we shouldn't just add the forum now - especially as we are moments away from beta1 in September. Lots of new info is going to be rolling in very soon.

Furthermore, a few in IRC mentioned trying to stick to the same server together, so this would also serve for an opporunity for people to plan.

Thanks.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Mr. Rellix, that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out argument...

Points for:

-this is ultimately a MMORPG message board and should stick to its roots

Points against:

-Vanguard's not looking too good so far

----
I have no say in the matter but will donate the one VV I made from this post to a random jackass in the future if donations are put back in.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Furthermore, a few in IRC mentioned trying to stick to the same server together, so this would also serve for an opporunity for people to plan.
You guys in IRC are fickle mush-heads when it comes to MMOGs. You're big on a game for 2 months then lose interest and move on.

Give the game a forum when it comes out if more than 10 people are palying, but with beta NDAs I don't think Xou would want the hassle of dealing with any leaks.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Winnow wrote: -Vanguard's not looking too good so far
I have to disagree with you here - I think the game is looking great. I would ask for you to defend your view here but that would be something more fit for a Vanguard forum =P - Feel free to though if you want.
miir wrote:You guys in IRC are fickle mush-heads when it comes to MMOGs. You're big on a game for 2 months then lose interest and move on.
Most of us have been following this game for quite a long time - certainly (at least for me) much longer than WoW. I would say at this point that the "2 month" comment should be directed towards the developers of recent games, and not us. Why should we continue paying for a game that we have lost interest in or do not play? Though you're really the wrong person to ask here, as you've been paying for MMO's you haven't regularly played in years. I don't care how great a deal you're getting - you're still paying for it.
miir wrote:Give the game a forum when it comes out if more than 10 people are palying, but with beta NDAs I don't think Xou would want the hassle of dealing with any leaks.
This game is going to be much more popular than you think. If 10 people play? Sorry, moron award goes to you.

Regarding a forum before release:

World of Warcraft Release: November 23, 2004
First post in WoW Forums: March 18, 2004 (During Alpha)
EverQuest 2 Release: November 8, 2004
First post in EQ2 Forums: October 16, 2004 (During Beta)

Leaks shouldn't be a concern - we've been able to handle it on the boards before without any problem. Even if details were let out.. I seriously anything would happen. Enough people read these boards that a mod could clean out any problematic posts quickly.

As I'm sure you well know, it's being created by a team that knows how to make an MMO - one that will bring players into an immersive and intruging world. Don't pretend Vanguard won't last - I guarantee it will.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'd say wait until the demand is there. I persoanlly don't think there's a need for a new forum at this time.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

With Beta 1 starting up, I again support this idea of a new forum.

I've covered all questions and challenges in this thread already.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Guest posting needs to be removed from the Vanguard forum please, thanks.