Modding cars - moved from other thread heh

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Modding cars - moved from other thread heh

Post by Kelshara »

You guys need to get John Sheppherd (8 second DSM driver + tranny/awd GOD) to build you guys a beefy drivertrain.
heh Sheppherd is insane, no doubt about it. However, since most of what is done to a 3/S is done with little to no company backing (all privately funded or small, private companies) it is difficult to get something major like this done. Sometimes I wish we had the aftermarket of the Supra but then I watch the Supra community and am thankful we don't. 3/S community rules.
Both the 300ZX and 3000GT were meant to be more roadcourse than straight line drag (Supra). I have no intention of making mine a drag queen just well rounded, well minus the ricey body parts and spoilers (there will be none of those on my car!). In the end I will put down 550-600rwhp which really isnt that difficult on this block.
Should be a fun car at the HP range. Might be doable for me as well but will be far in the future. I will keep the car fun to drive on the road since that is where I will be driving it the most. Not to mention got those pesky emission checks here.. need to get the hell out of Ohio! Will probably make it BPU first and then move from there.
I've actually been trolling some of the 3000 sites but not sure if thats where we are going to go. Her second choice is one of the mind 80's 911 Turbo (she refuses to have an NA fun car). In any case I have years to think about it since thats the ETA for finishing my car.
Eww Porsche.. am so not a Porsche fan personally! But hey, you're lucky to have a wife that loves cars as well. My better half sure doesn't :( She'll stick to her Rav4 and be happy with it!
Sendarie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sendarie »

Hell man you guys should try and contact him. The people I've know that have dealt with him say he's really easy to work with and talk to as are his people. If you guys could come up with support for a group buy and maybe drop him a doner (bad) tranny he could at least look around it.

You guys dont have an available OS Giken close gear set?

Hell if nothing else all your auto guys could go to Level 10....course they gonna spend about 10k on a tranny but it'll be bullet proof.
Sendarie
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Problem is, so many 3/S owners are broke compared to let's say Supra owners. We don't have the support of many performance stores and most is funded privately. So getting things like a dogbox or high-end automatics made for us is very difficult.

The 3/S auto is the red headed stepchild of the group. I don't think we even have a 10 seconds auto. Only auto TTs I know of (fastest is one with 18T turbos I believe) still run reinfoced standard autos.

No 3/S has broken the 1000 HP barrier either. Very clsoe but not quite. Personally, I think to get a 9 seconds 3/S we need to convert one to RWD, get around 1000 HP in it and a good specially built transmission. That should run low 9s or even high 8s with a good driver.
Sendarie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sendarie »

I know there's got to be something for you guys out there. I remember seeing the newer Galant VR-4's at the races in Hachinohe running some respectable times. I'll email my friends that are still over there and see if they know of any VR-4 drivetrain upgrades.
Sendarie
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Newer Galant VR4s.. oh how I wish those were sold here!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

A friend of mine owns two Gallant VR-4's... one thats fully modded.. oh what a fun car to drive, the launch is insane.
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

If you launch them hard enough the windshield wiper turns on :) Quite amusing!