First Expansion and 2nd Adventure pack announced

Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

First Expansion and 2nd Adventure pack announced

Post by Chmee »

http://www.sonyonline.com/corp/press_re ... itpaw.html

First expansion is planned for September. Called Desert of Flames it will add the deserts of Ro back into the world.

Second adventure pack apparently is basically the rediscovery of splitpaw.

Should be interesting.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

About EverQuest II Desert of Flames
EverQuest II is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world where thousands of players come together for adventure and community. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful game world to explore, as well as voices for almost all non-player characters, EverQuest II sets new standards in gameplay and immersion. Desert of Flames is the first expansion pack for EverQuest II.

Key Features

* Arena champions: Take the form of new exotic creatures, or fight as yourself, in battles for glory against other creatures or players.
* New movement: Search for treasure and find adventure in new areas by climbing up and down walls for the first time in an MMO.
* Voice-over emotes: Express yourself in a battle or expand your social circle with new voice emotes.
* Guild vaults: Share the loot of a hard won battle with the rest of your guild members.
* Level range increase: Now play up to level 60!
* New land: Discover over a dozen new zones and epic encounters.
* New creatures: Test your combat skills in battles with over 40 new fearsome creatures.
So I see here:

1) Project M? This is a great idea but for some reason they trashed it in EQ1. It was unbalancing-
2) Climbing up and down walls = new and amazing? Because ladders didn't accomplish the same thing. Also an EQ1-esque idea.
3) Yeah.. the voice over emotes totally changed EQ1 too!
4) Guild vaults.. something ELSE just put into EQ1.
5) Level range increase. /laugh
6) New land..blah blah blah.
7) Creatures.. /yawn.

For some reason I'm not getting the "new standards in gameplay and immersion" vibe here. Is it just me or this SoE trying to make money off of something that should already be in their game?
miir and I are best friends. <3
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Guild vaults: Share the loot of a hard won battle with the rest of your guild members.
I suppose that would stop a lot of guild hopping if your items became guild property if shared. Or it would help as you just assume the equipment from the next guild you join.

On the other hand, it would be nice to equip guild members logged on for a raid with the best possible items available to the guild so things didn't go to waste

DKP would no longer be necessary but the mad dash for the guild vault before raids would be fun.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

lol, would be fun looking at the drama when a guild disbands, on my server in EQ2 the 3 largest raid guilds disbanded or split into the now prominent guilds on the server still building status
either way i dont like that pinko-commie guild bank system :x
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer