PSN ID: Anirask

Firefly Fans rejoice.

Post by Animalor »

Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Wow that looks cool as shit...
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Ransure, you seen the show? :p

It is also.. fucking awesome!
Hooray Beer!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

I remember when it came out... but no, I never saw it... I keep wondering why SciFi doesnt do reruns.... :x
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Good stuff. Just go buy it.

I remember reading a while back that there were some issues with one of actors contracts that only permitted limited screen time or something similar. Watched it twice just now and don't recall seeing much of Shepard Book in that trailer...
Hooray Beer!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Never saw the series. That trailer just made me want to.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

The series is excellent, with great potential. I would have loved to have seen what it would've developed into in 2 or 3 seasons.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is gonna suck ass....
...His unique vision of the future...
I saw nothing unique in that trailer... unless cramming every possible sci-fi cliche into a trailer could be considered unique.

The CGI looks half decent but everything else, from dialogue to acting to the overuse of lens flare seems cringeworthy...
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

anyone besides me think that the human sci-fi ships/buildlings stuff reminds you off the terrans in starcraft?
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Taken from the message boards at http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com
Well.

It gets better.

As thus: The movie is very nearly finished. You've seen many pretty images in the trailer. But I've still got work to do and you've still got months before you can see it.

Unless.

And, no, I'm not talking Australia (but Hi, Australia! anyway), I'm talking here in the more-or-less-United States, a one time multi-city Browncoat sneak event. Thursday, May 5th at 10:00 pm, the movie (Serenity! Pay attention! Jeez.) will be playing at exactly 10 theaters in 10 cities across the country. You (or possibly someone much like you) (or possibly a robot EXACTLY like you, but with better manners and sonic arm-lasers, sent to take your place) will be able to buy a ticket to see Serenity months in advance. Not just the bitty trailer with not enough Kaylee and Book, but the whole film, in its extremely almost completed state.

You probably have some questions. How is this possible? What cities exactly will it be in? What are these changes my body is going through? All valid. It's possible because some clown put a bunch of Universal execs in a theater full of Browncoats and dude, they came out SWEATING, they never seen energy like that. They loved it, and even though they were already wicked supportive of the movie (see: earlier posts re: we're making the movie) they simply weren't ready for you guys. When I whinged on about pushing the date and everyone here was posting about "what do we do till September", they agreed to let me sneak it out.

Maybe they thought it was a fluke. Maybe they wanna see if people really do care about the flick. Or maybe they're just treating us with respect and kindness, though that last option confuses and terrifies me as much as these changes my body is going through (I'm "perspiring" and becoming "interested in girls", which believe me is very unsettling when you're 40.) Does it matter? The plan works for me, and it can work for a select bunch of y'all. Here's what I know:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle
Austin
Sacramento
Boston
Altanta
Chicago
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Denver
The Portland of Oregon

If you're in or near one of those, you might wanna stop by. There's supposed to be a "Can't Stop the Signal" page on this website (I don't know where it is -- hey, I remembered my damn password, doesn't that buy me any cred?) There should be more info there soon about how to get in, bringing peeps into the fold, I think there's even competetions and stuff. (All I know is I have exactly 20 Brownie points. I answered ONE triv Q and got it wrong. Forget cred. I have no cred.) Now a couple of us might just creep into one of those major metropolitan multiplexes to see if anyone does show up, so remember: swearing in Chinese ONLY.

All right. This will please the fans and satisfy the employers of Joss Whedon, so I must stop as my arm-lasers are getting tired. I politely thank you for your attention.

Should be fun.

-j.
As far as I've read, most of the showings for May 5th are sold out that I can see... :(
Hooray Beer!
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

Christopher Reeve is fucking in heaven, fucking and fucking and fucking in heaven
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

That site is cult-creepy.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Trias wrote:Christopher Reeve is fucking in heaven, fucking and fucking and fucking in heaven
and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking and fucking
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

miir wrote:That site is cult-creepy.
Tis very much true!!
Hooray Beer!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Firefly was one of the best shows to hit TV in forever. The trailer looks GREAT! I'm sure Book will be in the movie plenty, if you watch the extras on the DVD's he loved the series. Also wasn't really any Kaylee in the trailer. I'm sure she'll be there too. Jayne is the best character tho ><
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

I just DL'd the BT of the Firefly season... Im watching ep2 right now... DAMN! this show rocks!

Now Im really excited for the movie.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Ok, now Im on episode 7... this show doesnt just rock... I cant fucking believe something as good as this was cancelled... This is the best show evAr!!!!1111111oneseveneleventy....
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Fox basically tanked the show. Friday timeslot, midseason, no publicity.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

miir wrote:I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is gonna suck ass....
...His unique vision of the future...
I saw nothing unique in that trailer... unless cramming every possible sci-fi cliche into a trailer could be considered unique.

The CGI looks half decent but everything else, from dialogue to acting to the overuse of lens flare seems cringeworthy...
Miir, watch the show.... it is some of the most well thought out sci-fi Ive ever seen... sure, a lot of stuff has been done before, but even the backstory to the universe is well played out...

Damn... I cant beleive they ended that fucking series after 12 episodes... I want fox to die.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't want to sound overzealous, but I watched the first episode of Firefly last night and it was awesome. (I watched the one titled Serenity...I guess that wasn't originally the first episode aired, The Train Job was first I think)

Joss Whedon rocks. It took all of ten minutes to get into the show. I'm hooked and can't wait to watch the other 13 episodes this weekend.

It's what I want in a SciFi...lots of character development. This has tons of it in just the first episode. The dirty interior of Serenity and outstanding special effects integrate well. I knew this show was what I wanted when Malcom tells Simon that Kaylee is dead after a long serious part of the episode and then the next scene is the Captain cracking up with the crew about how he was messing with the Simon. Whedon can move from serious to funny bits to lighten the mood extremely well.

Great stuff. Highly recommended.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Read some reviews from the screenings they had of the movie. Looks to be interesting. Just whatever you do, try not to read any spoilers, gorramit! :D Trust me..

Make sure to check out the audio commentary (after your done with the series). The ones with Nathan Fillion and/or Alan Tudyk are pretty freakin' funny. "War Stories" and "The Message" are the two I'd say you have to watch. Can't recall the others that had them but those two stood out.
Hooray Beer!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Winnow, that part was great :) I havent laughed that hard at a TV show in forever... trust me, the only dissapointment I had from the show was when it ended :(
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

A friend got me a ticket for an Atlanta screening of Serenity (one of the Browncoat screenings, introduced by the 2nd unit director) and I was blown away. Perhaps the experience was augmented by the asstasticness of Episode 3, but Serenity was one of the most *natural* feeling movies I've ever seen. The dialogue flowed like few but Joss Whedon can make it, the cast was a coherent unit, the effects suited the setting perfectly - for space wars, Lucas doesn't have anything on this crew - and the story made sense. From start to finish, this gets a huge recommendation from me.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Erolz NTurnet wrote:Read some reviews from the screenings they had of the movie. Looks to be interesting. Just whatever you do, try not to read any spoilers, gorramit! :D Trust me..

Make sure to check out the audio commentary (after your done with the series). The ones with Nathan Fillion and/or Alan Tudyk are pretty freakin' funny. "War Stories" and "The Message" are the two I'd say you have to watch. Can't recall the others that had them but those two stood out.
I'm listening to the "Serenity" commentary and rolling.

(Inara having sex on the screen)
(Nathan asks a question)
Joss: I'm busy!

Joss and Nathan are a crack up to listen to.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I watched all 14 episodes and the extras on the Firefly DVD set this weekend. I've got the theme song humming in my head.

The unfortunate cancellation of the series left so many open questions. I'm glad to see that the movie looks like it will be focusing on River as I don't think Joss Whedon had a chance to dive into what the blue gloves did to her and her abilities.

For those that have seen Firefly but don't have the DVD with extras, I ripped the 30 minute "Making of Firefly" documentary and made a Divx movie out of it. If you are a fan of the series, it's a must see:

The Making of Firefly ~135mb

and now, for only the geekiest of geeks, the dorkiest of dorks, I'm posting a 40 minute Serenity/Firefly World Con Fan Convention panel interview with Joss Whedon and the entire 9 member cast of Firefly. It's broke into two 20 minute clips at about 190mb each. These will be deleted shortly as they are pretty big and only fans of Firefly and people that want to get some non spoiler comments about the upcoming Serenity movie might want to check them out.

There's a lot of Convention dorkiness in these so beware:

World Con Serenity Panel Part 1 ~185mb

World Con Serenity Panel Part 2 ~200mb

Enjoy! I'll delete these in a few days.
Last edited by Winnow on May 31, 2005, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:The unfortunate cancellation of the series left so many open questions. I'm glad to see that the movie looks like it will be focusing on Raven as I don't think Joss Whedon had a chance to dive into what the blue gloves did to her and her abilities.
The character's name is River btw =)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:
Winnow wrote:The unfortunate cancellation of the series left so many open questions. I'm glad to see that the movie looks like it will be focusing on Raven as I don't think Joss Whedon had a chance to dive into what the blue gloves did to her and her abilities.
The character's name is River btw =)
My bad : ) I had a case of makingapostwhileitsbusyatworkitis.

Corrected!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:A friend got me a ticket for an Atlanta screening of Serenity (one of the Browncoat screenings, introduced by the 2nd unit director) and I was blown away. Perhaps the experience was augmented by the asstasticness of Episode 3, but Serenity was one of the most *natural* feeling movies I've ever seen. The dialogue flowed like few but Joss Whedon can make it, the cast was a coherent unit, the effects suited the setting perfectly - for space wars, Lucas doesn't have anything on this crew - and the story made sense. From start to finish, this gets a huge recommendation from me.
I know Joss has hinted at a sequel to Serenity if the first one does well. After seeing the mostly finished movie, do you get the feeling that the story lent itself to a follow up movie?

And what were you doing outside of Denmark?
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Winnow wrote:
Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:A friend got me a ticket for an Atlanta screening of Serenity (one of the Browncoat screenings, introduced by the 2nd unit director) and I was blown away. Perhaps the experience was augmented by the asstasticness of Episode 3, but Serenity was one of the most *natural* feeling movies I've ever seen. The dialogue flowed like few but Joss Whedon can make it, the cast was a coherent unit, the effects suited the setting perfectly - for space wars, Lucas doesn't have anything on this crew - and the story made sense. From start to finish, this gets a huge recommendation from me.
I know Joss has hinted at a sequel to Serenity if the first one does well. After seeing the mostly finished movie, do you get the feeling that the story lent itself to a follow up movie?

And what were you doing outside of Denmark?
After the screening, there were questions fielded (and let me just field a theory of my own here: A given room may have an average IQ of 130, but once the floor opens up to questions, the collective IQ of the room sinks to about 35. ) and the 2nd unit director/effects guy tried his best to answer them. One of the questions was about whether the movie might bring on a continuation of the tv series. The answer was something like "The goal is a series. A series of movies."

As far as the potential for follow ups, yeah, it's definitely there. I felt that the movie brought a much needed closure to the series but also opened up some great possibilities for future storylines.

There are characters who'd be out of future storylines if he continues - I don't think Joss Whedon has done a project where he didn't kill off at least one major character - but the potential is most definitely there. There has also been rumors of a prequel being done, detailing the stories of the crew before and during the war, but i don't remember if the guy answered anything about that...I spaced out at the intelligent questions from the audience.
("I studied Creative Writing under Joss in Florida."
"And your question is?"
"Uh...nothing...I just wanted to say that.")

As for Atlanta? Visiting friends! for some fucked up reason they let me into the country again...
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Bleh, next time you come into the country, let me know! I owe you a few beers! (oh, and bring hot dogs... I cant eat american hotdogs anymore :( )

Oh, if I were you, I wouldnt worry about being let in this country... shit, they let me back... dumbasses coulda been done with me forever... but they fucked up!!!!!!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Man, I don't see a dissenting opinion in this thread. I remember watching the first episode when it premiered and not being terribly impressed. I don't think I ever caught the second episode, and I was not at all surprised when the show was cancelled, though that was mostly because I can't imagine any show ever surviving on Friday night. Are most of you people 'space nerds' or something?

I used to watch ST:TNG back in the day, but didn't care for any of the other series. I like the Star Wars movies, but not in the scary noel vs. whoever fighting over whether Boba Fett is right- or left-handed kind of way. Is there something wrong with me for not thinking this is the greatest show ever?

Perhaps I should give this show another go.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I've seen a few episodes since I last posted and still fail to see the appeal of the show.
Shrug.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

A lot of people thought Firefly was the best show to come around for a long time. It was very different from any of the other offerings on tv and it was unique.

I enjoyed the series somewhat in the first few episodes but I was thoroughly hooked after seeing the "Our Mrs. Reynolds" episode.

Also, Fuck Fox for their mistreatment of the show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote:Man, I don't see a dissenting opinion in this thread. I remember watching the first episode when it premiered and not being terribly impressed. I don't think I ever caught the second episode, and I was not at all surprised when the show was cancelled, though that was mostly because I can't imagine any show ever surviving on Friday night. Are most of you people 'space nerds' or something?

I used to watch ST:TNG back in the day, but didn't care for any of the other series. I like the Star Wars movies, but not in the scary noel vs. whoever fighting over whether Boba Fett is right- or left-handed kind of way. Is there something wrong with me for not thinking this is the greatest show ever?

Perhaps I should give this show another go.
FOX fucked up royally and decided not to go with the 2 hour pilot episode that explained the origins of the Firefly crew and thought that jumping right into the middle of things with "The Train Job" would be more exciting for viewers. The actual pilot, "Serenity" aired later which is an excellent introduction to the show and divulges why the captain is upset with the way things are in the world etc.

The thing about Firefly is that Joss Whedon wrote it with the intention of dealing with present day issues applied to the future. You have the western theme of guns on the colony planets, the living quarters (mostly kitchen/eating area) is designed to look as little like a spaceship as possible.

Whedon creates deep characters that creates the need to watch the series in order including watching "Serenity" pilot first. For example, Jayne is a great character. He's a total asshole to Simon and River and tries to sell them out for a buck but you can't totally hate him due to his other qualities. You have a few recurring guests like the woman from Mrs. Reynolds and several references by characters in later episodes to previous events.

It may make a difference that I watched the entire 14 episodes over the memorial day weekend as opposed to a few hit and miss episodes...although after watching the 2 hour pilot I was hooked so if that didn't do it for you, you may as well move on to something else. The DVD boxed set was/is a huge seller ranking very high on the charts for a litle series that was cancelled after 11 episodes on the air.

There may be a little "space geek" involved but it's really character driven with excellent scripts. Keep in mind that Joss Whedon is behind the Buffy and Angel TV series and Astonishing X-Men comic so if those aren't appealing either than his style may just not be your cup of tea.

PS: The "Making of Firefly" 30 minute documentary posted above may help set the scene for the characters and future US/China dominated world.
Last edited by Winnow on June 2, 2005, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Animalor wrote:A lot of people thought Firefly was the best show to come around for a long time. It was very different from any of the other offerings on tv and it was unique.
I've heard that a number times... "different", "unique"...
From what I have seen, there is nothing whatsoever that is different or unique about Firefly.

As far as sci-fi tv shows go, it's ok, I guess... but I would say it's no better or worse than any other sci-fi series in the past few years.

Could someone please explain to me what is so unique, original or different about Firefly?

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just completely missing what the big deal is about this show. :?
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

It *is* hard to explain, Miir. For me, what clicked was that the characters and the dialogue was so much more believable than anything else I've seen. Star Wars, Star Trek, whatever, are all so strange as to be impossible to *really* believe in. Firefly could happen.

And as Winnow said, there are current-day themes in the show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Firefly Theme Song 51 seconds >1mb

Sing along!

Take my love. Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black.
Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land And boil the sea.
You can't take the sky from me.

Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

For those who may have (or had) an interest in catching Firefly, they're showing the first episode tonight before SG1 on Sci Fi.

http://www.scifi.com/firefly/
Hooray Beer!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Erolz NTurnet wrote:For those who may have (or had) an interest in catching Firefly, they're showing the first episode tonight before SG1 on Sci Fi.

http://www.scifi.com/firefly/
Cool, there was talk about this awhile back. I think they figured out that the episode, "Out of Gas", which is a good one IMO, would be the last episode played before the movie hits the theaters Sept 30th.

Here's a good Firefly fan site:

http://www.fireflyfans.net/
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

For all the fans out there, there's another trailer up. Some new stuff, some repeated from the previous trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal ... trailer_2/

Looking forward to this more and more.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

God damn, looks so good.

"Do you want to run this ship?"

"I do!"

"Well... you can't!"
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

*bump*

Less than 30 days!
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Saw it in May here in Atlanta. Can't wait to see the finished product. I highly highly recommend the movie to any sci-fi fan. And even non-sci-fi fans.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

Some Firefly fans made a documentary about the fan base. You can check out the trailer Here

I haven't seen the film yet, but I have heard it's pretty cool. The whole thing is shot in HD, and is basicaly a the story of the Firefly fans/community. Kind of like "Trekkies" for the Firefly nuts. I believe they even have an interview with Joss Whedon in the film.

The DVD release date is set in November, but you can pre-order it now on their site.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Vaemas wrote:Saw it in May here in Atlanta. Can't wait to see the finished product. I highly highly recommend the movie to any sci-fi fan. And even non-sci-fi fans.
Part of what I think is so fantastic about this show is I can sit down with my father and watch it... he's no sci-fi fan, but loves westerns :) I took the DVDs home last weekend and we watched the entire series and he was keen to see Serenity as well.

I don't get how a show with such broad appeal got canned in the middle of the first season =/
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

It's probably been gone over in this thread already, but I think John Lovitz said it best when The Critic was canceled. "I like to call them FOX, but replace the O with a U". Blame FUX.
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

Pretty much Fox did the same thing for Firefly that they did with Futurama. Switched the time slot around a lot, so it was hard for people to keep track of when the show would be on.
Also they showed the episodes out of order.

And they were in such a hurry to cancel the show they never even aired the last 2 or 3? episodes that were filmed.

The real kicker is that Firefly was making them money, they just thought they could make more off of a reality show - which ended up tanking.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Serenity has a really cool flash site up. You can get there by clicking on the orb thingy here.

There's an HTML version of the site but check out the flash site if you can. It's much better. Get your favorite Firefly crew member wallpaper!

edit: removed NWS material
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'd just like to say thanks to Vaemas for making me download and watch this. :p

I can't wait for the movie to come out. I absolutely loved the episode where the Mal has to save the ship solo, and I loved the bounty hunter character. Really looking forward to the movie.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

I bought the DVD series over this last weekend partly based on this thread, and partly based on some of my friends watching the recent re-runs. I am not a TV watcher, and I have never had any interest in Buffy/Angel or any of that stuff. After watching the first few episodes though I am there with Noel, can't wait for the movie :)
Last edited by Sartori on September 14, 2005, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)