So what do you think of the 'overland zone' changes?

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

So what do you think of the 'overland zone' changes?

Post by miir »

At first I was a bit concerned that they turned too much group content into solo content... but after playing a while, messin around in EL/Zek on my Bruiser, I started liking the changes.

Most of the camps that used to be heroic (or ^^/Group) mobs are now solo or 'small group' encounters. An example are the Klakrok Soldiers, Fairies near the dock and the wasps and bears in the first field. As you progress deeper into the zone, the number of solo vs group camps begin to level out. Most of the goblin groups are still 'heroic' but some of the previous ^^ mobs are no longer heroic.

In Thundering Steppes, the popular 'group' camps are still intact. The giants around Obsid are all still ^^ and the Centaur bandit camps are unchanged.

What it seems like they did is take the area that nobody hunted and scale the mobs down. Makes sense really, groups rarely killed the roaming Centaurs because of the slow respawn and the fact that they were ridiculously tough. And those stupid rock heaps in the river bed... they increased the number of spawns and made them all solo (Qeynos mages doing AQ rejoice!).

One thing it does do is make the game a hell of a lot more casual friendly.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

im playing my ogre conjuror know and have noticed almsot all of antonica has been revamped, ehh at least its fun to solo the rotstuffs now
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer