The Ironforge Airstrip

WoW Discussion
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

The Ironforge Airstrip

Post by Cotto »

How in the name of god do you get up there?
I know tons of people try and some people say they've seen or even been up there, I spent about 2 hours going through wetlands and outside IF trying to find a way up. Is it even possible?

What about that farm area on the north side of the IF mountain (pass the airstrip as you head down theres a few buildings and even an entrance to a cave (the dwarf made kind).

anyone?
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

That place is just eye candy for the Gryphon ride mostly. You used to be able to get up there pretty easily during alpha before they put in the anti-mountain climbing code.

Nothing much to see really. Buildings have no doors, can't interact with the planes etc.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

It's possible to get there. Oh yes, it is! :D
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Skogen wrote:It's possible to get there. Oh yes, it is! :D
Should you not provide me with a step by step account as the location and directions of the way to get there I will, at some point in the future, find where you live. I shall spend several nights ringing your doorbell and bravely running away, and if that wasnt enough, I may, should I feel evil enough, piss on your lawn.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

i got up there once, couldn't again. Gnome hopped up the mountain near the ranch in dun morogh. Has a gryphon station without a gryphon master, a couple bunkers, steam tanks, the runway obviously with gyros. Most curiously is that it has a tunnel to IF that has a thin wall blocking it off (can see through the wall at odd angles).
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Cotto wrote:
Skogen wrote:It's possible to get there. Oh yes, it is! :D
Should you not provide me with a step by step account as the location and directions of the way to get there I will, at some point in the future, find where you live. I shall spend several nights ringing your doorbell and bravely running away, and if that wasnt enough, I may, should I feel evil enough, piss on your lawn.
That would be incedible difficult to do...I would have to provide screen shots!! I'll try and do it this week.
oh by the way a little hint: the secret to getting there lies with really watching the flight from Mith. bay to Ironforge!!