Archives: "The Last Hurrah" (from EQVault)

Posts that are either really good or really memorable get stuck here, for nostalgia purposes.

Moderator: TheMachine

Millie

Archives: "The Last Hurrah" (from EQVault)

Post by Millie »

Per request, my final post from the old FlameVault, and the one that got me banned without warning. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On July 1, 2002, three years of tradition for the Veeshan MB was put to an abrupt and unforeseen end. With precious little regard for the community that had formed here, a swarm of moderators descended onto the board in an outright attempt to dismantle its membership.

Their reasoning was technically accurate -- to crack down on a reported bevy of TOS violations. But that end did not justify the means they chose. Rather than post any sort of warnings or rules, a moderator named "Mepha" began to spam the board recklessly. Her posts were childish and insubstantial at best, consisting of assorted smileys and idiotic drivel. With her came a sycophant named Sanaelya: an equally pointless poster who attempted to annoy the populace of the board with repetitive one-liners.

These retarded Wonder Twins then trolled the board until they could get the regulars here to react. And as soon as they did, they were punished.

Long story short: Mepha whined to her fellow moderators, who then flocked to the board in order to bait an increasing number of posters into swearing and/or dissenting against the new 'rules' imposed by Mepha. Of course, these people were banned outright.

The stated goal of the moderators was to root out TOS violations on this board (as presumably they have done to others). But in reality, both their curious methods and the speed with which they conducted their purge suggest ulterior motives. Indeed, the moderators INTENDED to uproot the Veeshan board's community.

For what purpose no one but the mods can say. My guess is sheer boredom -- a 'pet project,' perhaps, or maybe a mere power trip. After all, these moderators are simply volunteers. They're not professionals, and they sure do their utmost to show as much. They seem seriously to enjoy playing power games with the customers of the IGN Vault boards.

Regardless, what's done is done. Now we have a culture-free board. It's become a moderator's star-farming playground, and the hiding place of the posters fortunate enough to have been absent during what the moderators have self-aggrandizingly termed the 'Veeshan Uprising.' (The fantasy-like name alone suggests that the mods were having far too much fun in what they claim was a serious duty they were carrying out).

What, then, is the point of this discussion? Quite simply, I want to find out, once and for all, what good you moderators think will come of this debacle?

Sure, you'll have a curse-free zone here. Hooray! People will have to 'play nice.' But you seem to be ignorant of the fact that the assorted colorful flames, rants, and curse-filled tirades on this board were its bread and butter. This community thrived on joking remarks and playful flaming. Those elements gone, this board is destined to be the ghost town that so many of the other EQ boards here have become.

The fact of the matter is that no 'uprising' or 'rebellion' took place yesterday. What occurred was a plain case of moderator harassment of the player community. So far, not one good explanation has come from your (the moderators') side justifying the MEANS you took to enforce the Terms of Service. Specifically, your trolling of the boards in order to foment the 'rebellion' you obviously saught out.

The lesson to be learned here is this: control your moderators' behavior. As enforcers of the Terms of Service, you are also its exemplars. When you ban someone for spamming or 'baiting' someone, you must be clean of such offenses yourselves. When you seek to punish someone for swearing or cursing, you must do so in an honest situation -- not by goading the would-be offender into committing the violation for you.

Through your reckless and negligent methods, you have successfully eliminated the very population you wanted to 'moderate' in the first place. It took no less than three years to build the community this board had. Do not be so naive as to expect that the board will ever give rise to a new one.

For your hypocrisy and your short-sightedness, I have but two words for you:

FAH Q.

-7/2/2002-
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The "retarded Wonder Twins" are apparently the only people left on that board. How vary fucking sad.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i was trying to get in with a fake Guru ID to give it a final stamp of kiss my ass :p
TheMachine
THE Moderator

Post by TheMachine »

Millie, that was pretty.
This is my house, remember my rules, first rule is I never lose.

In my house, you're just a guest, you might be good but I'm the best.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Wonder Twins Power....Activate! Form of: Corky!

Heh. Good one :)
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

I think Millie speaks english.
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

10,000 platinum says they banned you JUST for this:
FAH Q.
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lvl 50 Fury (Lvl 50 Provisioner)
Officer of Vae Victis on the Crushbone Server
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Anime-happy pederasts they all are. Nice post Millie :)
en kærlighed småkager
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

While Meshpa was a fucking cunt, she DID have good taste in Anime (Cowboy Bebop)
Searyx Fairyslayer
dalur
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by dalur »

GAH

Give it up already Searyx.
Dalur Stouthealer
60th Dwarven High Priest
Samin
No Stars!

Post by Samin »

Millie that response was obviously way to thought out and logical for them to comprehend.

Their response is similar to a three year old throwing a temper tantram, and is actually pretty sad.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Do you want it reposted on the Vault in every Server room?
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

Sounds like a plan :)
Searyx Fairyslayer
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Ok I reposted Millies message on all the big boards now I will sit back and wait for ban
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Moving this badboy to our archives section for posterity
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Jivundus
No Stars!

Post by Jivundus »

Very nice post Millie.

J.
Jivundus Kulggen
Lvl 60 Cleric of Innoruuk
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=27180"> Gear Profile </a>
"... Fairness is an illusion that we do not provide here..." - NLS
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Very well done Millie. FAH Q. was a nice touch.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Goes nicely with a post of Mepha's on her home boards commenting that it takes a long time and hard work to build a community...
Twit.
*Hugs*
Varia
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Is your ban a permaban Millie? Mods only seem to delete it because people are posting a message from a banned user. If you become unbanned I'd like to see what they do when someone posts it again.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Millie

Post by Millie »

Aslanna wrote:Is your ban a permaban Millie? Mods only seem to delete it because people are posting a message from a banned user. If you become unbanned I'd like to see what they do when someone posts it again.
I believe so. I wasn't given a length of time in my reasons for the banning e-mail. They didn't say it was permanent, though; I think it was just implied.
Ninan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ninan »

Great post Millie,

I am gonna repost it since my ID wasn't banned and ask for pure clarification of the ban....)

Ninan
Ninan Nivasse

<a target="new" href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... ">Ninan</a>
Maly
No Stars!

Post by Maly »

Personally I like my final fuck you to those gay mods.
What the [newt] is this [newt]? You are using this board to make money? Every time someone clicks on your sig you make 20 cents? And you edit ME for advertising. At least what I was advertising I don't make any money. Talk about [newt]ing hypocritical bull[newt].

You neocolonial fascist fucktard pricks are really something. You fucking cogs in the great machine of corporate bullshit, and you can't even recognize that all you are doing is enforcing the mind-controlling system that makes people buy shit they don't need and exploit them for the economic interests of an elite few. You think you are some kind of saint, or hero, or fucking put upon parental-figure trying to calm down some hyper kinds that don't know what the fuck is good for them? You think you are something special, you gimp cockmunchers?

You are nothing, you stupid little shit. This board is one tiny corner of a larger world that doesn't give a rat's ass whether you moderate the fuck out of a few people just having a little fun. You assclown nazi fucks make me sick with rage. You think you're fighting the good fight? You're on the wrong fucking team, bitches.

I can't believe you fucktard pricks, take the cocks out of your asses long enough to see the bigger picture. The Veeshan people come here to unwind and shoot the shit, you close-minded asstyrants. You come in here with your stupid roboting happy FUCKSHITBITCHASS shit and try and lay the prozac down on us, but you know what? FUCK YOU.

If we want to fucking flame you ass-eating retards or if we want to call someone on veeshan a cock eating whore for stealing our fucking camp, what is wrong with that? It is our special way of saying I disagree with something you did in game.

You say you play EQ? What the fuck gimp server do you play on and how many lvl 12 fucking druid gimps you do have that you have gay cyb0r sex with your other gay moderator fuckbuddies? You gimp retards understand absolutely nothing and I could care less about your stupid fucking TOS.

About the subject of this post. You fucking hypocritical bastard piece of shit. I clicked on that link in your fucking sig and I got an instant pop-up of 3 fucking windows and no where to be found was ANY fucking moony.gif. I wanted to see what gimp-ass piece of shit prozac munching turd gobbling gay ass shit you could come up with that would be gay enough to put in your gay sig, you cockreceiving ass bandit.

What I got, that advertising bullshit where people get money for every hit on their site, made me laugh hysterically. What the fuck exploitative bullshit is that, you useless cumjunkie whore of a close-minded cog. WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!

You are a useless twat. This board sucks now, so I bid you all a fond (except you moderator fucktards) farewell.
Ninan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ninan »

The difference Maly is Millie's post was not only well thought out, but had professionalism throughout where your post was an obvious asking to be banned because you can recite profanity over and over. A bit too much profanity to be considered anything but a plea to be banned and join the masses.

Ninan
Ninan Nivasse

Maly
No Stars!

Post by Maly »

Perhaps, but it was still fun.
Drisanna
No Stars!

Post by Drisanna »

They deleted your post of Milly's post, Ninan. *sigh*
Drisanna Haelan
High Priestess of Brell
Cestus Dei
Healer of Bodies and Souls
Ninan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ninan »

Thats ok I reposted it and have it copied....)
Ninan Nivasse

Ninan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ninan »

Well it seems I am banned now for posting the following. Is this bannable material or just a mods way of not answering a legitimate request?

You now just are determined to delete posts alltogether. You are not moderating here you are dictating what suits you mods. Here it is again I want an answer to why you banned Millie for this:

The following is a copy of a post that got the user banned and started the response from the entire community as a basic kiss my &&& which got users banned by the truckload...) You read and tell me why this post was a bannable offense w/o warning....enjoy.

Posted: July 3, 2002, 11:38 am Post subject: Archives: "The Last Hurrah" (from EQVault)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per request, my final post from the old FlameVault, and the one that got me banned without warning.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On July 1, 2002, three years of tradition for the Veeshan MB was put to an abrupt and unforeseen end. With precious little regard for the community that had formed here, a swarm of moderators descended onto the board in an outright attempt to dismantle its membership.

Their reasoning was technically accurate -- to crack down on a reported bevy of TOS violations. But that end did not justify the means they chose. Rather than post any sort of warnings or rules, a moderator named "Mepha" began to spam the board recklessly. Her posts were childish and insubstantial at best, consisting of assorted smileys and idiotic drivel. With her came a sycophant named Sanaelya: an equally pointless poster who attempted to annoy the populace of the board with repetitive one-liners.

These retarded Wonder Twins then trolled the board until they could get the regulars here to react. And as soon as they did, they were punished.

Long story short: Mepha whined to her fellow moderators, who then flocked to the board in order to bait an increasing number of posters into swearing and/or dissenting against the new 'rules' imposed by Mepha. Of course, these people were banned outright.

The stated goal of the moderators was to root out TOS violations on this board (as presumably they have done to others). But in reality, both their curious methods and the speed with which they conducted their purge suggest ulterior motives. Indeed, the moderators INTENDED to uproot the Veeshan board's community.

For what purpose no one but the mods can say. My guess is sheer boredom -- a 'pet project,' perhaps, or maybe a mere power trip. After all, these moderators are simply volunteers. They're not professionals, and they sure do their utmost to show as much. They seem seriously to enjoy playing power games with the customers of the IGN Vault boards.

Regardless, what's done is done. Now we have a culture-free board. It's become a moderator's star-farming playground, and the hiding place of the posters fortunate enough to have been absent during what the moderators have self-aggrandizingly termed the 'Veeshan Uprising.' (The fantasy-like name alone suggests that the mods were having far too much fun in what they claim was a serious duty they were carrying out).

What, then, is the point of this discussion? Quite simply, I want to find out, once and for all, what good you moderators think will come of this debacle?

Sure, you'll have a curse-free zone here. Hooray! People will have to 'play nice.' But you seem to be ignorant of the fact that the assorted colorful flames, rants, and curse-filled tirades on this board were its bread and butter. This community thrived on joking remarks and playful flaming. Those elements gone, this board is destined to be the ghost town that so many of the other EQ boards here have become.

The fact of the matter is that no 'uprising' or 'rebellion' took place yesterday. What occurred was a plain case of moderator harassment of the player community. So far, not one good explanation has come from your (the moderators') side justifying the MEANS you took to enforce the Terms of Service. Specifically, your trolling of the boards in order to foment the 'rebellion' you obviously saught out.

The lesson to be learned here is this: control your moderators' behavior. As enforcers of the Terms of Service, you are also its exemplars. When you ban someone for spamming or 'baiting' someone, you must be clean of such offenses yourselves. When you seek to punish someone for swearing or cursing, you must do so in an honest situation -- not by goading the would-be offender into committing the violation for you.

Through your reckless and negligent methods, you have successfully eliminated the very population you wanted to 'moderate' in the first place. It took no less than three years to build the community this board had. Do not be so naive as to expect that the board will ever give rise to a new one.

For your hypocrisy and your short-sightedness, I have but two words for you:

FAH Q.

-7/2/2002-

Ninan
Zvenn Eaglefist
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Zvenn Eaglefist »

aye great post )
Sensei Zvenn
formerly the 65th Transcendent of the Celestial Tomb...currently retired

<embed src="http://www.webspawner.com/users/veeshan/whoopass.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="120" height="90"></embed>
Pubin
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Pubin »

You can all suck me.

If you want.
Don't blame me if you see my old characters acting like asses.
Aedryn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Aedryn »

great post
Healior
Archon of Brell

Aedryn
Storm Warden of Tunare

< The Circle of Eternity >
Revs
Way too much time!