Post by Gemily »

Are the Frogs a playable race yet?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

No server has unlocked htem yet.
I did find a book about Frogloks the other day... haven't started on the quest yet.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

frogloks are expressly for killing and taking their loot.

it was so in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

FROOOOOOOAAAAAAAKKKK!!!!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Still saving a spot for Frogbar, the fly eating shaman. :)

Bah, who am I kidding - I'll just make a dorf shaman instead. :D
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

miir wrote:No server has unlocked htem yet.
I did find a book about Frogloks the other day... haven't started on the quest yet.
Might want to hold off on that. :P

I honestly have to laugh:
From the offical forums:
We know that many of you have been anxiously awaiting the chance to play a froglok character. As we announced before launch, we decided to tie the availability of the frogloks into a major game-changing event. Since some of you have been searching for clues about how to unlock the froglok race, we wanted to provide an update on their availability and pass along a bit of insider info on what's about to come.

After making the decision to hold back the frogloks at launch, we gave our art team some extra time to enhance their animations and armor appearances. Since frogloks are the most distinct race from a physical perspective, they require handcrafted animations to take full advantage of their unique characteristics. To accomplish this, we decided to delay them a bit longer so we could release them in the most polished manner possible.

This also gave our Live Events team the chance to plan something really cool for their unveiling. I'm pleased to report that the live event for May is going to be the unleashing of the frogloks!

Players will be able to complete solo quests that allow them to play froglok characters on their own EverQuest II account. Unlocking the race for the whole server will involve the completion of an elaborate series of quests that culminate in an epic raid zone event that will challenge even the most seasoned adventurers. This is your chance to defeat the evil force that has kept the froglok spirit imprisoned for so long.

As part of Live Update #8, scheduled to hit the live servers the week of May 2, players will be receiving new animation files for the frogloks. This will kickoff the beginning of the froglok live event.

We realize some of you froglok fans out there would have preferred to receive this information sooner, but we decided to stay quiet until the Live Events team had finished their planning. We think the wait will be worth it, and players will have a lot of fun participating in this major event.
SOE has let on since launch that the unlock quest was in the game and that the players simply haven't found it. People (fools, apparently) have spents tons of time trying to figure it out, only to find out now that SOE had been lying.

I hadn't spent any time on it, and don't care to play a frog.
People have spent a godawful amount of time trying to figure out what the unlocking quest is. There are threads with 40+ pages of discussion about it. Not once did SOE mods suggest that such effort was wasted.
Jedi? What?
Fiery Avenger? What?
Last edited by noel on April 13, 2005, 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

So Frogloks are the Jedi of EQ2?
Sabek
Just Sabek
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

If SOE delayed frogloks on account of the art team putting more effort into the rest of the races, I think they got fucking robbed. Outsource frogloks to Korea please.
Too funny.

Edit: Btw, this is a microcosm of what's wrong with SOE. The right thing to do would have been to let their players know that the quests weren't active yet. The right thing to do would have been to tell the players that the art for the frogs isn't done yet.

The last 3 SOE games I've played have consistently felt like the game itself had a life of it's own and was fighting to stay alive while SOE was trying to kill it.

Yes I'm enjoying EQ2, and given that I think playing a frog is fucking stupid (for reasons Voro already touched on) SOE shouldn't be having issues like this anymore.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Neriak server unlocked the frogs. Made a pink frog there, soooo cute.
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

Befallen had the Frogloks unlocked last night.

Come to Befallen and say Hi!
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Will do :)
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Frogs on Permafrost. My guild didn't do it, but one of our rivals did. Gratz go to Iconoclast on the server first. Atrocity was so close :(
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Just to understand how it works, the quest only has to be done once per server to activate them for everyone?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

So WoW gets Battlegrounds and EQ2 gets.... frogs...

Interesting..

Message sponsored by Trolls without Borders
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Boogahz wrote:Just to understand how it works, the quest only has to be done once per server to activate them for everyone?
There are two versions of the quest a low 20's quest that unlocks it just for your account, and a raid epic quest that unlocks it for the entire server.
Sabek
Just Sabek