Chat channels an issue?

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Chat channels an issue?

Post by noel »

Last night I attempted to break the chat channels apart so I could have separate windows for combat spam, etc. After I logged off and logged back on, the channels were no longer working. The new window I'd created was still there, but it wasn't displaying any of the channels I'd specified. It seems there's an issue with this? It was recommended on one of the forums that you change your character's ini file to read only after making the changes you wanted.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Also, I've been checking out EQ2interface.com. I'm planning to play a swashbuckler, and I was curious as to which UI people here like.

Thanks in advance.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

If you right click a window, select chat options and filter whichever spam or chat channels you like. There was an issue months ago where they wouldn't hold the settings between sessions but that's long since been fixed.

Like most people, I just use the default UI. It's so customizable that you don't really need to use a custom UI. I've tried a few different windows and pieces but they never really offered any more funtionality than the default UI...

I could send you my default UI ini file if you wanna check it out.
Clean, efficient setup for 12X10.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I appreciate it, but I should be ok. It's funny, when I first saw the EQ2interface website, my first thought was kind of like... Why?

I agree, the default UI is just fine.

I'll play with the channels again, and see if I can figure out what the issue is. I only tried setting it up once, so it's entirely possible I did something wrong.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Holy crap - a civil discussion between miir and noel.

Mark this on your calenders folks!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Since the last patch, people have been bitching about all kinds of funky stuff with the chat windows..I know when I go to send a tell to someone /tell so and so or /g hey whats up, it moves my "/" to the end of what i was typing so i get " Saryia says, g hey whats up?/ its really fucking annoying. But on the EQ2 forums people are also talking about the chat windows that they make not being the same when they log back on, might wanna check those posts out under the Tech section

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/ ... ch_support

Edit: to put in link :D
Last edited by Lynnsie on March 24, 2005, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

Yeah I'm getting the / at the end too....Damn you SoE!!!!!!!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Only so I don't have to check the manual... :P

How do I set my default chat channel?

(yes I know this is the epitome of laziness :P)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This looks pretty cool. I wish we had this in the original EQ back in the day.
The new mail system is currently on the test server. I must say the SOE Everquest II team did a good job fitting the mail system into the shattered world of Norrath. Many role players voiced their concerns when the rumors were out about an email system coming to EQ2 and that this would take away from the game immersion. I think the way the mail system is implemented will add to the games immersion greatly. With the short amount of time on the test server with my level 4 test character I was fairly impressed with it.

The Features:
- Exchange messages with your friends via the new in-game mail system.

- You can send and receive mail at mailboxes located in East Freeport and Qeynos Harbor, as well as all districts and villages.

- If you have unread mail waiting for you, you will see a mail icon in your Spell Effects window. This icon will always appear in the first slot, and mousing over it will inform you that "You have unread mail."

- Members of guilds that are level 15 and higher can purchase their own mailbox through status merchants.

- Clicking on a mailbox will open the Mail window, which has two tabs: Inbox and Send.

- Mail will be deleted 3 days after opening it, while unread mail will be deleted after 30 days. The time remaining until deletion is shown to the right of each letter.

- Letters can contain money or an item, shown below the text of the letter. You can accept these parcels by clicking the Receive Gifts button.

- To reply to the sender, click on the Reply button.

- You can send along one item or any amount of coin with your letter. To send money, click the Give Coin button and enter the amount you wish to send. You can change your mind by clicking Give Coin again and clearing the amount. To include an item, drag the item you wish to send from your character's inventory onto the slot in the gifts area. You can change your mind by right-clicking on the item and choosing to remove it, or by dragging and dropping it onto an open section of the screen.

- You can only send gifts to another character that is a citizen of the same city you are, though you can send text-only messages to anyone.

- You can have a maximum of ten messages in your Inbox that include gifts from other players. There is no limit to how many text-only messages you can have at one time.

- Plain text letters cost 10c to send. Letters with gifts attached cost 50c. There is no charge to read mail that has been sent to you.

- You can send messages to your friends on other servers, or to those who play EverQuest and Star Wars Galaxies!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Yeah...couple people got banned because of an exploit with that too, they would send say 1 severed fir to so and so and that person recieved that mail would get a stack of severed fir, so instead of /bugging it they exploited it and sony found out about it and banned several people.