Is it just me or...

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Is it just me or...

Post by noel »

Is inventory space at a huge premium in this game?

It seems like even if I want to start doing tradeskills, I'm going to have zero inventory space.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Buy bigger bags/boxes. :D

8 slot bags are usually super cheap from brokers.
Lots of quests for 10-20 slotters as well.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Cool I'll look for them.

Not certain where to go as yet for brokers, but I'll find some.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Every tradeskill zone has a broker.

There are also brokers in the main city zones (N/S/E/W Freeport, Qeynos N/S, Harbor and Eldar Grove). If you're having trouble finding them, right click a guard and select 'Find NPC'.

A tip to save money is to go to the players room and buy items directly from them . Just right click their room door (in the correct zone) and select 'visit'. You'll save the 20% broker markup.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Great, thanks!

Just got to Qeynos, and explored it a bit for that explore qeynos/antonica quest. Didn't realize you could use the guards to find things, that's very handy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Noel playing EQ2.. miir playing WoW.. Just what kind of bizarro world have I fallen into!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

you can guy a message board for your apartment to be able to check what is available for sale from players....as well as sell your own stuff. a merchant in your starting village will sell them.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Cool, thanks for the info.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:Noel playing EQ2.. miir playing WoW.. Just what kind of bizarro world have I fallen into!
More accurate to say im *trying* to play WoW.

Since the weekend, I've played a grand total of 90 minutes... login queues, can't log in, taking forever to download patch, patch corrupting my entire install, running repair tool, reinstalling and waiting to download patches... beginning to think it's not worth the effort.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I know you're attempting to play with a friend, but in the meantime, I suggest the two of you find a different server. Shattered Hand is notoriously shitty. Given that WoW has yet to address their global server issues in a meaningful way, I'd speculate that those server issues aren't going to get any better (unless with character moves there's a mass exodus).

I know you don't like banging your head into a wall, so try a different server.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

Space can be pretty tight when you are starting out. 8 slot bank boxes are a level 5 or 6 tradeskill combine (at that level everyone is a general tradeskiller so anyone can do them) and one way to free up some space (bank boxes weigh a lot so they aren't that feasible to carry around most of the time though). 8 slot bags and above may be a little out of your price range just when starting out but would depend on your server. Low level quest money is better now though so that helps, like Miir said, check the broker. At higher levels, space is much less an issue. I currently have all 10 slot bags and will be replacing them soon for 12 slot ones, which is pretty ample space wise. Bank boxes go up to 24 (or will when a change comes in soon I believe). One additional source of bank type space is the house vault, its on the same window that you use to access your housing and has two additional slots you can put bags in.
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

If you were on Perma I would make you tons of 12 slot boxes for free just to get the raw materials and iron out of my inventory..Other than that on most servers the market is flooded with 12-20 slot boxes check your broker at night, its when the market is pretty decently stable and you might be able to get them for a lot cheaper than you would during the day