I decided to start playing EQ2...

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I decided to start playing EQ2...

Post by noel »

I took the day off, stocked up on Propel, and decided I was going to see how high I could get my character in a single day.

Thing is though... I can't get into the goddamn game. The servers have been down for the whole fucking day. It's not like this is scheduled maintenance either, it's some fucking cheat with heritage [epic] quests and cash that should have taken them 20 minutes to fix, but I haven't been able to get on all goddamn day.

Real fucking stable code/servers/development you have going on here Miir.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Man, I just finished dowloading the trial thing too!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

These monkeys can't even seem to post a goddamn ETA for me to play. Such bullshit. You'd think they'd have learned something by now.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I decided to start playing EQ2...

Post by Aslanna »

noel wrote:Real fucking stable code/servers/development you have going on here Miir.
I'm not sure miir is in charge of that sort of thing!

Although that's hard to believe after some of the posts around here...
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'm just going by his comments about server stability and overall quality of service since he started trolling the WoW forums.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I'm really sad, I wanted to finish up my warlock's aq5 today. Oh and question for anyone that plays a warlock. She dinged 23 last night and I got the spell Dark Distortion, is this worth getting made in adept 3 quality? I think it might be, says it deals instant poison damage, and has the ability to return a certain amount of that damage back to u as power?

And btw, I love what they did about revamping warlocks/wizards..I outnuked a lvl 26 wizard last night so bad. Thank you master spells and nice gear!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Lynnsie wrote:I'm really sad, I wanted to finish up my warlock's aq5 today. Oh and question for anyone that plays a warlock. She dinged 23 last night and I got the spell Dark Distortion, is this worth getting made in adept 3 quality? I think it might be, says it deals instant poison damage, and has the ability to return a certain amount of that damage back to u as power?

And btw, I love what they did about revamping warlocks/wizards..I outnuked a lvl 26 wizard last night so bad. Thank you master spells and nice gear!
That sucks Lynnsie, but I understand your frustration. Hopefully you can finish your aq5 whenever they FINALLY bring the servers back up.

I was a fool to have expected more from SOE.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

On the other hand.. EQ1 servers are up and running!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

She dinged 23 last night and I got the spell Dark Distortion, is this worth getting made in adept 3 quality? I think it might be, says it deals instant poison damage, and has the ability to return a certain amount of that damage back to u as power?
Don't bother upgrading DD to Adept3, you get a training upgrade for it at level 30 (Sapping Salvo) that will last you well into your 40s.

As for server stability... shrug.
Patch day, go figure.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

44 minutes, you are slipping, miir!

1 VV to you this time, Mortimer!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Why thank you Randolph.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Noel picked a bad day. This is the day they brought in one of the mega-patches. Only the second time we have seen them have any downtime like this and the other time was from a mega-patch as well.

I hope they fix it all today because they added in the mentoring to this patch. So many things going in live at once and I am not really surprised that someone found exploits that were opened with it.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

miir wrote:
She dinged 23 last night and I got the spell Dark Distortion, is this worth getting made in adept 3 quality? I think it might be, says it deals instant poison damage, and has the ability to return a certain amount of that damage back to u as power?
Don't bother upgrading DD to Adept3, you get a training upgrade for it at level 30 (Sapping Salvo) that will last you well into your 40s.

As for server stability... shrug.
Patch day, go figure.
Thanks!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

By all means if you see an Adept1 of DD, be sure to grab it. It's your money nuke from 23-30.
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Noel picked a bad day. This is the day they brought in one of the mega-patches. Only the second time we have seen them have any downtime like this and the other time was from a mega-patch as well.

I hope they fix it all today because they added in the mentoring to this patch. So many things going in live at once and I am not really surprised that someone found exploits that were opened with it.
I was there for the "Other" big downtime. I was also on the server that was pretty much the last to come up (Innothule). I think it was down When I got home Friday evening, and didn't come up till Mid to late Sunday.
Proctus Armonius
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I got lucky when Calirian was like lvl 12 I picked up Ice Spike Master 1 or whatever that spell is, and I have been using it ever since I could memorize it. Generally at lvl 23 after casting my ice debuff I nuke for around 344dmg with that spell. With Dark Distortion at apprentice 1 I am nuking with it for around 220-245dmg so not bad over all!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

What a bunch of trolling horse shit :) Not that I care to defend SOE, but I've not seen a lot of unscheduled downtime, and nothing like EQ1's rolling outages every time they patched a door.

You'd do much better to come back when they patch in the next expansion. I fully expect some heavy downtime there while they run around pointing fingers at each other.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Just a few hours downtime today.
Only notable downtime since the mid december 'huge' patch.

I suppose a few hours of unexpected downtime every 2-3 months aint so bad. Some people are pretty trigger happy to jump on SOE for any little thing so i guess today was good fodder for them.

Like they say, some people arent happy unless they are bitching about something.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Apparently someone coded one item incorrectly and it caused major problems. They had the Stein of Moggok selling to the vendors for 2100 plat. That would be like selling an item in EQ 1 for about 2 million platinum.

They said there were only 14 individuals who had done it and they went back and manually fixed their accounts rather than do a complete rollback. Something else was introduced that caused some zone instabilities as I saw more crashes of zones last night than over the last 2 months combined. I am betting it is something like the broker window that was recoded to not work and causes a crash.......that was the issue from the December patch that caused a zone crash.

BTW......the mentoring system is the own. You do get some decent exp and so much easier to have fun with friends and even do old content that you missed. Good way to power level your buddies as they get a bonus to their exp while you do it.....and you can get drops they can use or sell.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

miir wrote:Just a few hours downtime today.
Only notable downtime since the mid december 'huge' patch.

I suppose a few hours of unexpected downtime every 2-3 months aint so bad. Some people are pretty trigger happy to jump on SOE for any little thing so i guess today was good fodder for them.

Like they say, some people arent happy unless they are bitching about something.
FUK U HITLER!
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

WHY MUST YOU STEAL THINGS FROM ME
ps this game is for homos
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Sup fagorts.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: I decided to start playing EQ2...

Post by Siji »

noel wrote:I took the day off, stocked up on Propel, and decided I was going to see how high I could get my character in a single day.

Thing is though... I can't get into the goddamn game. The servers have been down for the whole fucking day.
:lol:
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

everquest 2 sucks

and i play it.
i am a liberal.