WoW Warlocks?

WoW Discussion
Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

WoW Warlocks?

Post by Deneve »

Are there any other ones out there? I'm fairly new to the game and not playing all too much, but I got to lvl 22 at working on an affliction/demonology setup right now. What about the rest of you? If there are any of you...
eOmniz
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by eOmniz »

I wish I had played a warlock instead of a paladin!

I've read quite a bit, and seen several in action. It would be my advice to do demonology/affliction (leaning more on demon) while leveling, but at 58ish you'll want to respec to destruction, as your main purpose in raids / groups is AEing and summoning and occasionally banishing and that's about it. Blood pact on MT gg.

If they ever actually raise the debuff slots by 50+ then affliction will be way more viable, til then it's COMPLETELY pointless on raids and only mostly pointless in groups, especially when most rogues/warrs spam their weak debuff slot things regardless of who else is in the group.
Current Incarnations:
Flintler, EQ2, Crushbone, HOOAC
Grahmiam, WoW, Firetree, The Crazy 88
Fredonia Coldheart
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fredonia Coldheart »

My warlock is 38 and hoping to be 40 this coming weekend. So far I've stayed in the affliction tree but it really depends upon your play style.

I always group with my husband's pally and our daughter's druid. Since we lack the high dps in our group - my DoTs always run their course when we fight elites our level.

We aren't big enough to go on guild raids yet - we are much more casual than our friends are. Once we hit 60 I'll be respecing.

I've found lots of useful info here: http://www.wowmb.net
Fredonia Coldheart
Guff Of Souls - Officer
Lor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lor »

Lvl 43 Undead Warlock here, I am currently going down the Destruction path with a minor in affliction, so far it's worked out great for me... I love seeing those 400+ point crits hit.
Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Deneve »

Alright, I'm kinda shying away from the destruction tree as I've heard you just end up being a low-DPS mage with a pet if you take that road. I have noticed though that affliction is rather cruddy in large groups, but as of now I am always either soloing or being plowed through and instance by friends who are deep in their 50s so I don't even cast then. I think I will have to raid some once I get into my late 50s and then re-spec based on my experiences, all I know is that demonology tree = win in PvP...