ring of ancient slayer

Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

ring of ancient slayer

Post by Xzion »

an embarassingly easy quest for those in high 30s to get a real nice haste ring...its a 1 step quest given in antonica that involves you going into the catacombs and killing a lvl 33+++ mob...we had 5 people and although the mob couldnt hit me but say 1 in 25 times, he did hit for like 1150...but the downside is the mob takes about 10-20 mins (literally) to kill so youl have a flashback of an EQ1 raid, overall you take a few friends and 30 mins of your time and youl recieve a nice ring many people still use at 50 (haste stacks with fbss)
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Where does it start / who starts it / what else does it entail / ect?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

The Ancient Watcher is a great group quest for level 30-35. You get the quest from the little gnome NPC around the merchant where you buy the key to the Condemned Catacombs. He will ask you to go slay the ancient evil that lurks deep into the catacombs.

Buy a key from the merchant beside him – and gather around at the entrance to the Condemned Catacombs. You will find the entrance straight north from the merchant and quest giver – actually you just have to jump off the hill and into the water, swim to the little isle with the gobs – and there it is.

If you have a level 35 in your group, you will find most gobs in the catacombs are grey – but not all, so watch it. A number of named will con blue/green – and deeper into the catacombs all mobs will start being aggressive.

Clear the aggressive goblins first – and you will eventually see a mob named “Watcher Vincent” or something like that :-) He will not attack you – yet!

Now, when all goblins are gone, you will need to wake the ancient watcher. Do that by killing the ‘small’ watchers. To wake the small watchers, click on the skeletons which are resting in the room. Wake them, kill them, and the little watcher will be engagable. Attack and kill him. Do this with all the small watchers in the zone – there are 4. When all are dead, the ancient watcher has been woken up. Now – fear for your life!

Don’t go into the big room where he is – stay in the hallway. Buff up, and let the tank pull him out. A good idea is to ward him just before pull – because this guy is pretty nasty. If possible, keep up ward at all times. Now, prepare for a long fight. This mob took 24 minutes to defeat with a group of:

- 35 Paladin
- 32 Enchanter
- 32 Mystic
- 31 Templar
- 31 Fury
- 31 Wizard

He does some kind of wind spell that will throw you away. This does not apply to casters, IF they keep distance!

Fight, till he’s down – that could take some time. When you are done with him, exit the catacombs and return to the gnome who gave you the quest. He will now have a ring to match your class.
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Dondo
No Stars!

Post by Dondo »

I suggest bringing along a 40+ scout or fighter who will grey him out and will be able to tank.
This guy does serious damage, knockback and ~450 dmg AE, and has loads and loads of hp. Be sure the casters hug the wall and dont draw aggro.
<B>Dondo</B>