Hot Drinks

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Hot Drinks

Post by Lalanae »

I've been on a hot chocolate kick lately. What are your favorite warming winter drinks?

Recipe from Hershey's cocoa box:

1 cup milk
2 tbsp sugar
2-3 tsp cocoa
dash salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Warm milk in microwave about 1min 30 seconds (I use 2 min with my microwave). Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt together. Slow stir in hot milk. Stir in vanilla.

SOOO much better than packaged cocoa, but I wish I had the energy to make hot chocolate out of real chocolate bars.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

chai tea latte is the win :) half Tazo chai tea concentrate, half milk, nuked for 2 minutes, YUM
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Hot mulled cider. Get some good apple cider, and heat it up for about 15-20 min with some orange peel, cloves, cinnamon and allspice berries. Mint if you want it. Strain and enjoy.

Easy to do with just those ingredients, though I have found that for those with a lazier disposition, Williams-Sonoma sells pre-mixed mulling spices that contain all of the above (sans mint) in just about perfect proportions.
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I pretty much drink green tea exclusively when it comes to hot drinks. The brand I like the best after trying everything from Celestial Seasonings to Numi is Yamamotoyama.