Some props to Sony.

Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Some props to Sony.

Post by Akaran_D »

They've announced the following:
Hello Everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the downtime this weekend. We had some hardware issues that caused us to have to tread very carefully in bringing the game back up. We wanted to triple check everything to make sure there wouldn’t be any major problems, and it’s taken a while to both fix the problem (we had to fly out engineers from one of our hardware vendors) and to bring each of the servers back online because of the careful validation process we need to go through. We have to do this very carefully and we hope you can understand our desire to do this right. We're trying to balance that with getting the game back up as quickly as possible. So far most servers are back up and the rest should be up in the next 4-6 hours.. hopefully less. I realize that ETA's that come and go can frustrate people.. so we do our best to give you the most realistic estimates possible.

Out of respect for our players, we’re doing the following:

1) Every player will receive 3 free days.

2) Early this week (Monday or Tuesday) we will have a 24 hour period where we will have accelerated XP gain. Details are still being worked out and we’ll communicate this to you as we firm up the plans.

We are committed to providing you with excellent service. Our team has been here for over 40 hours straight, and I can tell you our dedication to doing right by our players is the thing that’s foremost on everyone’s mind here at SOE.

Thank You,

John Smedley

President, Sony Online Entertainment
Looks like they're taking that exp thing to start when the servers come up this morning (daily patch) for the next 48hrs straight. So if you're looking to PL..

edit: Blackguard confirmed ths morning that the exp gain is 50% extra.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.