So i started lifting

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

So i started lifting

Post by MooZilla »

doin about 3-4 days a week(mon-tues, thurs-fri or tues and thurs) using about 6 different workouts. im tryin to figure out which diet would help me get the most results. right now im on the rice/eggs/peanutbutter thing.

no protien shakes or bars. im crap poor :D any advice? or should i just keep on this diet? looking to gain mass. im 5'10" 130 lbs right now so you get the idea.
i am a liberal.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

A completely one sided diet like that isn't healthy imho. I would do something like oatmeal or the like for breakfast and then plenty of white meat during the day followed by some vegetables (broccoli is one of the better ones), what you need is basically proteine and lots of it, about 2 grams pr kilo of body mass pr day.

Also make sure to get your vitamins, if your diet is one sided like the rpesent one, get pills, ytou might be dirt poor, but they are very important.
Fortune favors the brave!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Ok experts I need some help.

I have some really bad knees and I am too young for replacements. I have had microabrasion surgery so I have no cartilage or meniscus left in my right knee and the left knee cartilage has turned to the consistency of "jello" according to the surgeon that did my last scope.

2 weeks ago I popped the knee again. I was playing softball and my knee gave out. POP. I had a KTI done and the PCL tear I have was about the same, about 3.5 - 4 degree difference from the left. I was told I may have torn some more meniscus and now I am struggling to walk. I was told to continue to ride my exercise bike, but riding it is causing issues too. I am icing and heating and stretching, but is there anything else I can do besides gulp down the pain killers??
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon