EQ2 Beta NDA is GONE. SPEAK TO ME PEOPLE

Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

EQ2 Beta NDA is GONE. SPEAK TO ME PEOPLE

Post by Akaran_D »

Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Sweet game, lots of quests and soloing content. Griffon rides are fun and the graphics are nice, especially spell effects. LOTS of things different than EQ1 and IMO that is a huge plus. Was easy for me to level my mage from 1-10 in 2 days. Just my splurge, I am already sold on the game.

~*Arryah*~
10th lvl Summoner
Beta 2 server
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I posted some picts on another link. It's bandwidth intensive so I didn't want to bog down a discussion thread.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

It doesn't have the fun factor, for me, to give them money for it. I'd probably rather play EQ actually than EQ2.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I've decided I'm probably not buying it just because I may brush against the same people I've grown to hate from EQ 1. Let's just say thankfully they've made two servers so I've been able to avoid it thus far.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Some of those people you hated in EQ are also going to play WoW and the other games coming out in the future. *shrug* That wont keep me from playing. Just stay away from them.

Hard part for me is deciding wich one to play hardcore. Both WoW and EQ2 are beautiful and fun. Both have enough quests you can do solo for the casual player or bigger group encounters if that's what you like. Guess we'll see later on wich has better guild/raid content as the games evolve. Neither WoW or EQ2 are finished yet.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

It's fun, but not EQ fun. :?

And my primary char got gimped and been stuck in the world for one week doesn't make it easier to like.

THE GAME SUCKS
cweeedit cwuunch
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Gemily wrote:Some of those people you hated in EQ are also going to play WoW and the other games coming out in the future. *shrug* That wont keep me from playing. Just stay away from them.

Hard part for me is deciding wich one to play hardcore. Both WoW and EQ2 are beautiful and fun. Both have enough quests you can do solo for the casual player or bigger group encounters if that's what you like. Guess we'll see later on wich has better guild/raid content as the games evolve. Neither WoW or EQ2 are finished yet.
I've dropped MMORPG's for the most part and i'm quite happy with that decision. Online FPS's for example let me get up and go whenever the hell I want. Feeling like I need to sit at the computer and hit 3 buttons continually every fight (which is basically all mmorpg's) irks me.

Then you have guilds, which (in this case powerful guilds) force you to play this game exclusively, log on at 5pm and log off at 2am. Not playing/raiding one night of the week and you're screwed for a while. It's already happening in WoW, started years ago in EQ, and EQ2 is going to be even MORE guild involved.

Screw it. Screw it right in the ear.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Rellix wrote:
Gemily wrote:Some of those people you hated in EQ are also going to play WoW and the other games coming out in the future. *shrug* That wont keep me from playing. Just stay away from them.

I've dropped MMORPG's for the most part and i'm quite happy with that decision. Online FPS's for example let me get up and go whenever the hell I want. Feeling like I need to sit at the computer and hit 3 buttons continually every fight (which is basically all mmorpg's) irks me.

Then you have guilds, which (in this case powerful guilds) force you to play this game exclusively, log on at 5pm and log off at 2am. Not playing/raiding one night of the week and you're screwed for a while. It's already happening in WoW, started years ago in EQ, and EQ2 is going to be even MORE guild involved.

Screw it. Screw it right in the ear.
I'm done with MMOGs for the same reasons Rellix stated. EQ2 looks gorgeous but I will not invest the time it takes to play a game like that again.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

This guy sums it up pretty good about Eq2:
This is a post I've been meaning to write for a while. I've been in beta a long time, since a few weeks before the last character wipe. I am a level 42 Ranger/Level 27 Woodworker who I've played an insane amount of time. I've met many friendly devs and GMs, provided feedback and test a variety of zones, crafting, monsters, quests, and everything else. As a brief disclaimer, I never played EQLive, so you won't see me reference it, or how I think EQ2 should be like it. When I say what I see or feel, that's simply because I want EQ2 to be good, and I think such and such would be good.
The first few weeks of almost any MMRPG are amazing, with new things behind every door, with systems you don't quite understand, and this especially true of a beta, where things are added each week that can change the world completely. This was all true with EQ2.

Now that the NDA is lifted, I see the end of Beta coming, and the start of retail. While I knew this would happen, I, like nearly every other Beta tester am a bit worried about the state of the game. While many people point at the lag in Antonica and other crowded zones as the main issue, I've been lucky to have little to do with it, since when I first came to Antonica I was often the only person in it.

The thing I found most compelling about this game is the world. Even now it prompts me to explore and gain access to every zone I can. I am, at heart, an explorer, not a powergamer (Though, I do powergame, to further my exploration.) There are many amazing zones, both in how they look, and how they function.

However, the biggest turn-off to the game, for me, and many others, is the character development system. As you all know, development is entirely linear. There is none of the joy in developing a well-rounded character, or a specialized one. None of the confusion in deciding what powers to pursue, and what to avoid. Even the frustration that comes with having made a mistake in development is good, because it gives your character exactly that, some character. You are different. You feel attached to your character: he is you, for better or worse.

But EQ2 chose to go with a system where the only choice you make is choose what subclass you want to be. I think most everyone knows going in what they want to be, so this choose is moot. If you want to be a Templar you will be just like *every* other Templar there is. Sure, some have better equipment, and some have different power in spells, but for all practical purposes, they are identical. I've played with many different Templars and Inquisitors, and I can't tell the difference between them, much less tell one Templar from another. Uniqueness has been removed completely.
Even the idea of a 'subclass' is a bit misleading, since the differences between subclasses is so mild, it is for the most part irrelevent. The first 1-20 levels are basically the entire game, in a nutshell. That's when you get your the majority of your core powers, almost 20 entirely different powers, that will define what your class is. The amazing thing is, this doesn't include any subclass powers. Each subclass has about 7-8 powers, of which most are not as useful as the original powers. Getting from 1-20 takes almost no time, relative to the rest of the game, yet that's it as far as character development is concerned. Character Developments ends before the subclass even begins. From 20-45 you mostly gain two or three upgraded versions of your 1-20 powers.

I've noticed that many people burn out in their mid 20s. The answer is always the same: I was bored with my character. Some reroll, and do 1-20 again. Then the get bored again. Maybe this isn't the game for them. Perhaps. But it seems to be that the system is turning off many gamers, casual and powergamers alike.

Despite all the negative reactions on the boards about this sytem, SOE is going full steam ahead with it. Vague messages about changes in future expansions only serve to reinforce the idea that SOE is rushing the game out the door to compete with WoW, and that SOE is confident that masses will rush to buy and play a game with a half-fleshed out character development system.

Yet, I think it's more than that. (Though, that's definately part of it.). I think SOE has gone out of their way to control what characters can and can't do in this game more than any MMRPG in recent memory. I remember when I first started playing MMRPGs, I always thought they were designed to grant the player as much freedom as possible, much like the RPGs they are based on. If you can imagine it, you can do it. Of course, computer games need to be coded and designed, and such ifinite freedom is impossible. However, EQ2 goes much further than need be, all under the guise of balancing what players can accomplish.

On first entering the world, you learn about group and solo mobs. Solo people should never be killing group mobs of their level, and groups will never want to kill the solo mobs. Damage between fighters and scouts is roughly equivelent, so you will never be wanting for DPS. All healers are equally effective, or ineffective, givin that 2 healers in a team is almost required for anything marginally difficult. Dungeons and zones are resticted to certain team sizes of people who have completed access quests. Equipment is limited by level usage, and how effective it is at certain levels. There is little awe and wonder at taking on something extremely difficult and winning, because such encounters are tweaked, to make it impossible to do so. My favorite memories of online gaming is when I, or my team, took on something difficult and won. Also, I cherish powerful items that can make your character that much better. EQ2 will not be a game to make those kind of memories.

Instead, it will be a game where you follow your linear class path, and watch as your level 10 power is given a different name, and granted to you at 24 and 38. You will do the access quests when you can, and you fight things at your level, and will fight the solo mobs when alone and the group mobs when in a group. You will wear armor that rises as you level, so everything remains balanced throughout the game. Each fight will feel exactly like every fight, with you pounding your 4 skills that you've been using since level 20, and you will know the result of the fight before you even begin the battle. Your in-game experience will be almost identical to someone else playing your class. EQ2 is more like a Baldur's Gate than one would expect of a MMRPG.

I know EQ2 is billed as a next generation MMRPG, and graphically, it is. But in terms of overall gameplay, it seems like a radical step backwards.
Posted by Logrus on EQ ZWEI boards.
cweeedit cwuunch
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

EQ2 beta never grabbed me or my imagination, not even a fraction of what the original Everquest did to me back in February 1999.

Graphically yes, it looks good, but there's something drastically missing from it to get me to invest more of my time and money into it.

I will definately not be purchasing or playing EQ2 for the same reasons as listed above.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Uninstalled as of 2:44pm EST. Interestingly enough, uninstalling from the control panel does not remove the files, but simply the start icon. I was forced to delete the almost 4 gigs myself.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

EQ2 - Character Individualization

Post by Shaerra »

Since character individualization in EverQuest II has been a hot topic following the lifting of the NDA, we thought it would be a good idea to share our plan for the all-new features that are going live in the next few weeks to give a greater sense of uniqueness to players. We’ll be releasing more details each day, beginning with the character traits list tomorrow afternoon.

First, let’s talk about what’s changing from its current state.

We’re releasing the final class spells and arts lists. These move away from the standard archetype spells and arts we’ve been using for balance testing and give players access to their class-specific spell selections. The spells and arts you’ll see in the next few updates include new effects, class-specific strengths and flavor, and final names.

These spell changes are taking place across the board and will greatly refine class differences from what they are today. We’ve completed the balancing necessary to give a solid role to each class and now we’re excited to release the new spell and art lists.

To illustrate how these changes work, we'll use the Mage -> Sorcerer -> Wizard progression as an example.

Unlike how it was in the previous spell lists, once you turn level 10 you stop being just a mage. As you choose your path and complete your quest, from that point forward you are a sorcerer. There are no new mage spells after level 10. Each class will be branch off into entirely class-specific spells.

Once you turn level 20 and choose the path of a wizard, you are no longer a sorcerer. As before, there are no new sorcerer spells after level 20. You will be gaining wizard subclass spells from there forward.

In other words, there is no longer any such thing as a "level 44 mage spell," because a high-level wizard should never think of himself or herself as a level 44 mage in EverQuest II.

You will still be able to do a number of the same things to keep being useful in your key roles, but with unique and interesting differences that are suitable to each of the classes and subclasses that branch out from the common base.

For example, all priests will continue to receive instant heals, but other heal types will be restricted based on class. Only shamans will get wards, only druids will get regens, and only clerics will get reactive heals.

Classes will also receive a greater assortment of unique spells and arts. These are additional abilities that will likely be purchased off vendors. For example, illusionists will be able to cast racial illusions.

Full spell and art lists for each class will be released in the next few days.

Next, we’d like to outline some brand new features going live in the coming days and weeks. These systems add a tremendous amount of customization to each character and should help you create the unique persona you'll want to play in EverQuest II.

New Feature - Training Specialized Abilities

As you develop your character, you’ll be able to specialize in major aspects of your profession. About every ten levels, you can choose to focus on one of your core abilities and receive advanced training to improve it. For example, a priest could train and receive either a stronger heal, a more potent buff, or a higher-damage nuke. This ability would be of much greater potency than the typical granted spell and may be upgraded even more through adventuring.
Each profession gets similar choices that play to their strengths – fighters may choose between offensive and defensive enhancements, or mages may focus on improving a damage spell, a pet, or a stun spell as appropriate to their profession.

New Feature - Character Traits

Character traits allow you to choose an aspect of your character and improve upon it. Traits are independent of your character’s race or profession, and all characters have access to the full list.
By the time they’ve reached level 50, every character will gain access to seven traits that help tailor their character to their preferred play style.
For example, a given character might choose to become Clever, thereby increasing their intelligence. Another character might choose to become Nimble, thereby increasing their base agility.

Traits can improve your character in a variety of areas, such as increasing your statistics, giving more health or power, improving your health or power regeneration speed, and making your more resistant to magic, disease, or different types of melee damage.
Traits are generally permanent effects that continuously improve your character during play. Once you’ve selected a trait, you’ll enjoy its benefits permanently.

New Feature - Racial Traditions

As players learn the background and lore of their chosen race, they begin to unlock certain bonuses. This starts with race-specific titles and leads to a choice of racial abilities.

By the time they’ve reached level 50, every character will gain access to four racial traditions to help tailor their character to their preferred play style and distinguish themselves from other members of their race.
For instance, an iksar could choose from enhanced health regeneration, increased power regeneration, or increased armor class. A ratonga may learn to forage for food or improve his ability to dodge blows. Erudites may learn to summon a magical wisp, guard themselves with a magic-resistant shield, or improve their alchemist crafting abilities.

Racial traditions take many forms, but are generally activated abilities that can be used on demand to greatly improve your character for a short period of time. Some traditions give bonuses similar to traits, but with much more powerful effects. Full racial tradition lists will be released for every race in the next few days.

New Feature - Enemy Mastery

During your adventuring career, you’ll be able to learn about the creatures and monsters you’re fighting and use that knowledge to your advantage. Every few levels, players may choose from a selection of enemies and undertake a quest to learn how to exploit their weaknesses. The successful completion of this quest results in an enhanced attack against that type of enemy. By the time they’ve reached level 50, every character will gain access to six enemy masteries to help tailor their character to their preferred play style.

Summary

These new kinds of choices allow for greater individualization without creating major imbalances between subclasses. One dwarf templar can have different stats and abilities than another dwarf templar while retaining the core abilities that they need to be successful in their key roles. Approximately every two levels players will receive an additional choice that allows another degree of individualization.

We plan to have the first round of these features showing up in next week's scheduled update (week of 10/25/04) with additional features arriving the week after.

We look forward to hearing what you think of these upcoming changes.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I like the idea of the enemy mastery technique.
Being able to train to specifically take on undead sounds really cool to me.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

I want in on EQ beta! I'm almost willing to pay.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Yeah.. right.. if this game is going to be finished by November 15th, it's going to be shitty. They have less than a month to test, perfect, and polish all of these aspects of the game and they've yet to even introduce them.

It's clear that these ideas weren't even considered less than a month ago - and some of them aren't even new:

-Character traits? You mean, AA stat abilities? Amazing!

-Even with racial traditions, each character of the same race/class combo will be the same. Once they maximize all of these special abilities, then what's different? Nada.

-Enemy Mastery? So, instead of naturally having an advantage to kill undead, paladins will have to quest for it. Once every paladin has x skill, what's different.

Sorry - but this is nothing more than the usual SOE bullshit. Don't get your hopes up kiddies.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Rellix wrote: Sorry - but this is nothing more than the usual SOE bullshit. Don't get your hopes up kiddies.
The only thing I agree with in your post is that the game needs more time in beta. There's an unrealistic goal to release the game when WoW is released. SOE is working hard to fine tune parts of the game but they need more time than the schduled release date is giving them.

I want my 6 free months of beta testing just like the WoW beta testers got! I want to test the higher levels to know how this game is going to play.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I want to as well! Gimme a beta account! I could easily pump out 60 hours a week on the game with my boring schedule which is FILLED with free time.

What I Am Listening To
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sorry - but this is nothing more than the usual SOE bullshit. Don't get your hopes up kiddies.
Seriously... When EQ2 was announced did anyone thing anything different?

All RPGs come down to basically the same thing: Kill mobs, get xp, kill mobs, get loot, repeat. EQ2 just has a prettier wrapper. Not enough for me to invest another 5 years in.

I just don't see how anyone could get excited about EQ2. Then again I don't understand the whole gmail thing either so what do I know.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

speaking of which i have 2 gmail accounts to hand out...:p
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: I just don't see how anyone could get excited about EQ2. Then again I don't understand the whole gmail thing either so what do I know.
I have a gmail account that's never been used but I'm pretty fired up about having it!

I can think of a perfect situation when I needed a file that was a mb or two but under 10mb in size...we'll call it Subtitles_Hero.rar...that would have been a perfect use for gmail!
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Rellix wrote:Yeah.. right.. if this game is going to be finished by November 15th, it's going to be shitty. They have less than a month to test, perfect, and polish all of these aspects of the game and they've yet to even introduce them.

It's clear that these ideas weren't even considered less than a month ago - and some of them aren't even new:

-Character traits? You mean, AA stat abilities? Amazing!

-Even with racial traditions, each character of the same race/class combo will be the same. Once they maximize all of these special abilities, then what's different? Nada.

-Enemy Mastery? So, instead of naturally having an advantage to kill undead, paladins will have to quest for it. Once every paladin has x skill, what's different.

I agree. EQ2 is shit. Even though it is more ready for release than any other MMORPG in history, save WoW (I haven't had the honor, so unlike some, I won't bash what I haven't tested) and even though it is going to have tons of customizable attributes, the fact is, until they implement independant skills for *ME* that no one else has, it's shit. Completely worthless. Unless *I* am 100% different from anyone else, I won't play the game. I'm with you Relix! There needs to be a "Shaerra" Race and a "Shaerra" class, and I should be the only one able to kill goblins, and no one else should get a heal spell!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I don't think they are allowed to add the annoying she bitch class and still keep their current rating.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Akaran_D wrote:I like the idea of the enemy mastery technique.
Being able to train to specifically take on undead sounds really cool to me.
With SOE's track record, if you mastered killing frogs you'd pretty much be good throughout your entire EQ2 career. Frogs are to EQ as the Borg is to Star Trek. Boring after the first encounter and still considered the main enemy upon which everything else revolves.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I don't think they are allowed to add the annoying she bitch class and still keep their current rating.
Holy Christ! I didn't see that one coming! Whoa! Nice job there, chuckles!

Note to self: Be careful what you post, Kilmoll is one crafty mother fucker!
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

So did anyone get a beta invite and really have no interest in the game, but would be willing to allow a less fortunate soul play in their stead? heh I'm SO bored!

What I Am Listening To
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Rivera Bladestrike wrote:So did anyone get a beta invite and really have no interest in the game, but would be willing to allow a less fortunate soul play in their stead? heh I'm SO bored!
Go ask Clan WoW or ask Rellix who just uninstalled it!
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Who's in Clan WoW? heh

What I Am Listening To
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

This launch is SO going to be SWG launch redux.

I will guarantee that from now till 11/15 any changes that are made in beta will not carry forward to the release version, regardless of when and what beta version is certified gold.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Winnow wrote:
Rivera Bladestrike wrote:So did anyone get a beta invite and really have no interest in the game, but would be willing to allow a less fortunate soul play in their stead? heh I'm SO bored!
Actually it's on my sony station account, which covers more than just EQ2.

But don't worry, you're only the 8th or so person who has asked.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Rellix wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Actually it's on my sony station account, which covers more than just EQ2.

But don't worry, you're only the 8th or so person who has asked.
I figured as such :cry: Shame that those who actually want to try it out and have the time to do so have been barred due to SoE's selectivity in Beta testers

What I Am Listening To
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I wouldn't want to subject another to the game really. And kudos to Shaerra for the not bashing a game she hasn't played comment. I know the rest was sarcasm, but I took that as serious.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Shaerra wrote:I agree. EQ2 is shit. Even though it is more ready for release than any other MMORPG in history, save WoW (I haven't had the honor, so unlike some, I won't bash what I haven't tested) and even though it is going to have tons of customizable attributes, the fact is, until they implement independant skills for *ME* that no one else has, it's shit. Completely worthless. Unless *I* am 100% different from anyone else, I won't play the game. I'm with you Relix! There needs to be a "Shaerra" Race and a "Shaerra" class, and I should be the only one able to kill goblins, and no one else should get a heal spell!
brilliant post. because the only other option other than absolutely no customization options, is handcrafted and personalized skills that are unique to each character. there is absolutely no middle ground between the two, and you are totally not the universe's largest fucking waste of mass.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I take it back.
Flame away.
Last edited by Akaran_D on October 20, 2004, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

edited out the personal attacks.. since that was basically all of it, well.

Sorry Kyu. Gen Discuss and other sections you can flame, harass, ect. Not all of us want to have every post interrupted with mindless trolling and name calling.

And this thing still isn't saying 'edited by Akaran', bleh. Go fig.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I suppose I can Dregor. Sorry mate.
Edited by Akaran..
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I will not be posting on veeshan vault again until Akaran loses his moderator status in this and any other forum.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Once again, you can suck the same cock Aranuil can suck.

Enjoying yourself?
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I do apologize for editing the posts, that was wrong of me. I did not wish to lock the thread, and I'm keeping it open, but pleaese at least try to keep it civil.

edit 2:
Fuck being civil. The idea - while I've gotten some PMs saying it was great - was not welcomed by a couple of very loudspoken individuals is no longer in effect and I do apologize for raising everyone's blood pressure over the issue.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

kyoukan wrote:I will not be posting on veeshan vault again until Akaran loses his moderator status in this and any other forum.
Lying cunt, you would go into convulsions and cold sweats.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Akaran_D wrote:I do apologize for editing the posts, that was wrong of me. I did not wish to lock the thread, and I'm keeping it open, but pleaese at least try to keep it civil.

edit 2:
Fuck being civil. The idea - while I've gotten some PMs saying it was great - was not welcomed by a couple of very loudspoken individuals is no longer in effect and I do apologize for raising everyone's blood pressure over the issue.
Don't back down Akaran! Boot their ass out of the forum!
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

:vv_ban:
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

ha ha?
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

As always, a discussion about a topic (this time about EQ), turns into something else! :D

Can't we all just get along? :lol:
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

So basically, this forum got turned into IGN again? The inability to mock other people for their stupidity in posting only encourages its continuance.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

So.. you're unable to read the apology in this thread and the thread entitled "flame away" efore posting.

Grats you on being l33t!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Ah, I didn't realize this was a bump of an old thread and thought the same issue occured twice. My mistake.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

First day of playing, leveled to 7 in about 4 hours solo, was a lot of fun, i love the combat system compared to the old one. The newbie island is great as a stepping stone for newbs. I solo'd almost exclusively except for one caster that killed me three times with nukes for 20, so I grouped for that and kicked his ass... I would have loved to stick around and finish all the quests but it kinda forces you off the island once you hit the point where you go from level 6 to 7. Unfortunately the quest to get citizenship was bugged, so heh, other than that I had a lot of fun, and it wasn't the grueling task that original EQ was going through the first few levels, of complete boring kill rat, kill beetle, etc. It was more fun with the new combat system for sure.

I did notice much lag in the city zones...
3.4 GHz P4
1gig RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 256mb
T1 connection

What I Am Listening To
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Akaran you fucking cocksucker, lay off on the gay mod shit. Like the boys point out, this is VV and if you can't sit back, mod and watch the inferno ----> get the fuck out.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Ok, for the third time this post, at least:

It was an idea that lasted MAYBE 25 minutes. I've apologized in two different threads, including this one, and if you'd read the rest of the posts, you'd maybe, just maybe see that yes! flames are free to flow in this forum again.