Yay, it's live (Issue 2)

Post by miir »

:D
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I did a clean format of my gaming rig last night in anticipation!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Apparently there's a invasion going on with portals spawning (level appropriate) Rularuu in every zone.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Fucking sweet! I can't wait to get home!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Capes and auras are the shit, the new monsters that were invading the city were the shit. The fact that they made the bad guys tougher is also the shit. It's going to be a bit of an adjustment, especially in big battles, but it really looks like an improvement to the game as a whole.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Whatever you do, don't start a newbie and go to the Hollows.

I thought I was gonna have a fucking anuerism last night.
My wet ice was getting toggled off contantly, even level boss had me eating floor in like 2-3 shots. Hazard zone groups of 10 LTs.

Sick and sadistic.

Ransure died like 5 times during one mission.
I think we're just gonna stick to street hunting until level 10 and I can beat the crap out of those stupid shitty missions.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

miir wrote:Ransure died like 5 times during one mission.
I think we're just gonna stick to street hunting until level 10 and I can beat the crap out of those stupid shitty missions.
I thought I was supposed to do that.... you know, being a scrapper and all, fighting to the bitter end and such...
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Nah dude, scrappers never die... accidentally.

When I logged in yesterday, I ran my regen scrapper into a pack of about a half dozen level 40 DEs and AFKd for about 10-15 minutes. Came back with my 100k damage badge and halfway to my 500k. :razz:
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Miir I was on my scrapper late last night, fighting fucking outcasts.

It's the charger minions, when they charged brawl you it SLEEPS you, and wet ice doesn't stop sleep, which is a huge oversight. So I don't think disorients were the culprit (I can't believe they'd let wet ice be THAT bad)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I don't see anything about charged brawl causing sleep.. just disorient.

I dont see anything in Electic Blast or Manipulation that causes sleep.
Only one time did I see a 'sleeping' message after I had gotten toggled off... unfortunately I can't remember which attack caused it.
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

You get hit with an electric shock that makes you writhe, that writhing animation is sleep (like tesla cage), I right clicked the debuff wondering wtf was going on and it said

Charged Brawl
Sleep

I couldn't move or anything, unlike disorient. It's definitely a pain in the ass and totally inappropriate on those level mobs, sleep is hard to prevent for many ATs, even later on.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I just have to say that pretty much all door missions are significantly improved in this patch. Just the addition of those warehouse doors (to warehouses, natch) is a very nice improvement. Two thumbs up for the attention to improving details.
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

The overall coloring (or maybe the lighting) in the game seems to be better now. It seems like morning and evening light is a bit less tinted now - but I could be wrong (was out of town for the week when the patch went live).

The inprovements to the door missions are very nice, indeed. I started a new character yesterday, and was surprised to see skulls adorning the walls in Skulls missions, as well as all sorts of green fluid (drugs) in test tubes, boiling in vats, and even spilled on the floors. And missions for Hellions included scorched walls, and even burning walls and burning piles of debris. Very nice touches.

And, as you said, the interior doors are a great touch, too. On one mission, I found a key in a desk that (I presume) was needed to open a door later in the mission (found the key before I tried the door). Reminded me of Doom ... .and about half a million other dungeon crawl games.

And the train/outdoor missions are a godsend, especially given the added exp boost given from missions now.

I am once again impressed with how well this company listens to and filters the community's feedback, and consistantly comes back with nice improvements to an already solid game (I didn't even go into the additions of respecs, capes, glowy effects, reverse-sk, badges, etc, etc).
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Glowy eyes own, bitches! Now I just need ground effects on my healer's butt and the bling-bling package will be complete.