CoH Discussion
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Details on respec in Issue 2

Post by miir »

[glow=red]Power Re-specification [/glow]

"The Terra Volta reactor has been running beyond full capacity for quite some time. Heroes who venture within it may experience untold side-effects…”

Your first respec opportunity comes at level 24.

You need a group of 4 people to get the Terra Volta Task Force, this TF will be tuned to the highest level person in the group.
Upon completion of the Task Force you will be given a choice of Reward. If you have not received your respec yet, you can choose the respec as your reward.

When you have chosen the respec option, you will receive a badge symbolizing that you have received the respec available in this level range.

You must then locate Jack Wolfe in the Freedom Corp HQ in Galaxy City to perform your respec.

When you choose to respec your character you will be artificially leveled down to level 1. You must keep your Origin, Archetype, Primary, and Secondary powersets, everything else is mutable.

Starting at level 1 you re-pick your first two powers, then at level 2 your third power, then you place enhancement slots at 3rd, and then 4th, picking another power. This process repeats itself until the character has respecced himself back to their current security level.

You have the same restrictions in powers and enhancements that you had when you first leveled up your character. In other words, a character built ”perfectly“ from level 1 to 50 will not be at a disadvantage to one that was respecced.

Once you have re-chosen your powers, all of your previously slotted Enhancements can be slotted again. Enhancements that are un-slotted after this process is complete (possibly because you don’t have a power they work with any more), are then refunded for full Influence value.
You can redo the Respec trial at 34 and again at 44. Each time you need a group of 4 players to be issued the Task Force. Each iteration of the Task Force will be against a different villain group.

If you ”skipped“ a Respec, you can still get it. Basically you can have up to 1 respec to level 33, 2 respecs to level 43, and 3 respecs to level 44 and higher. If you are level 44 when the respec feature is added to the game, you can run through the trial 3 times and get 3 respecs of your character.

Respecs can NOT be traded to other players. You must earn your own respec.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

[google]funky[/google] [shadow=green]new[/shadow] [blur]effects[/blur] [wave]I [/wave] [fade]never noticed[/fade] before
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

We also get new effects for our characters in this update, correct?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Aye Masteen!

And The Hollows for the lowlvls and Ruularu for the highlvls!