Any word on release date?

WoW Discussion
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Any word on release date?

Post by Ransure »

I read somewhere that august was planned... that still true?...
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Pretty sure they said it probably won't be released till early 2005.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

which makes being in the beta, that much sweeter... :)
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

As things stand right now, I seriously doubt a release this year.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Skogen wrote:As things stand right now, I seriously doubt a release this year.
You think that they are only roughly one third of the way through an appropriate beta testing cycle?

From the outside looking in, I would guess that they are roughly half way done - assuming a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of low end (<45) to high end (45+) content.

If this is true, then beta testing should "end" in November. This would give them (assuming they started the publishing cycle a little earlier) an early to mid-December release, which would be great for marketing and sales.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I really can't imagine what sense it'd make to not have it out before Christmas.

I know that Blizzard likes to test the bejesus out of stuff, but it's only July and if they released it tomorrow I'd pay for it and be relatively happy about it.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Sylvus wrote:I really can't imagine what sense it'd make to not have it out before Christmas.

I know that Blizzard likes to test the bejesus out of stuff, but it's only July and if they released it tomorrow I'd pay for it and be relatively happy about it.
Yeah, but you are easy! :P You paid SOE to play a damn druid for YEARS; what kind of twisted person would submit to that kind of torture, honestly??!
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I think I heard something about Decemberish as a target.

Also, there is much polishing/tweaking to do on the engine/server back end still. I can't count the amount of times we've crashed, been kicked out, stuck in place in an open field (no not rooted), where I've said, eh, it's ok, at least I'm not paying for it. It all changes when I'm paying for it. Not to say that I wouldn't continue to pay for it and play it anyways - I have been playing EQ for years after all.

As far as content goes, simply amazing - they are ahead of the game as far as a first release with no expansions than any other game could hope to be. And then you can make an alt and have just us much content on the other faction.

One of the things I find amazing about this game is the tradeskilling - already very polished, and very fun. Who would have ever thought to make tradeskills actually give you useful items instead of just crap you have to make to build your skill up to where you can make useful items.

Speaking of, WTS bombs!
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

archeiron wrote:
Skogen wrote:As things stand right now, I seriously doubt a release this year.
You think that they are only roughly one third of the way through an appropriate beta testing cycle?

From the outside looking in, I would guess that they are roughly half way done - assuming a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of low end (<45) to high end (45+) content.

If this is true, then beta testing should "end" in November. This would give them (assuming they started the publishing cycle a little earlier) an early to mid-December release, which would be great for marketing and sales.
Well, based on that I am a Horde player, and the fact that the Hunter hasnt been in the game yet. The Alliance zones & quests are far more numerous & polished that there horde counterparts. That, and a lot more content has yet to make in the beta..such as the rest of the talents, and all the of fixing & polishing that comes with them.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Sylvus wrote: I know that Blizzard likes to test the bejesus out of stuff, but it's only July and if they released it tomorrow I'd pay for it and be relatively happy about it.
Good point...I would gladly pay to play it as it stands right now.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Hard to believe they would have a beta test that long. They are essentially going to let the hardcore gamers play their fill and when they actually start charging for it then they will leave. Doesn't seem like good marketing to me to be in beta so long. Of course I am not in the beta so I have no idea whether my prediction is true or not. Just a lot of experience in other games to base it on. I probably won't play it when it is released. I barely have time for CoH and that is only about 20 minutes every other night.
Deward
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

The game appears to have enough different things to do, that after beta you will still get those beta testers signing up. It's that good, really it is.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

It is Blizzard....look for release somewhere around January of 2007.
Ravvenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ravvenn »

Give me the bombs!
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Ravvenn wrote:Give me the bombs!
No, no, no, no, no. Give me the beta slot!

I do care if it lasts until 2007 then! I would be able to contribute to the quiet murmur of sensible feedback that gets drown out by the roar from the B.Net crowd! :(
Ravvenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ravvenn »

I gave him Beta, so he owes me bombs! :D
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Ravvenn wrote:I gave him Beta, so he owes me bombs! :D
He owes you more than that! :P

In any case, thank you (and Furor) for the pics over in the monkey cages (i.e. SS forum) on the FoH boards. Although I am starting think that I might possibly one day in the distant future start to get slightly bored by reading about how good WoW is panning out to be. :P
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Patience my son, patience.
The game will release probably late 2004 or early 2005.
Lots of content has to be tweaked and perfected as well as some balancing issues addressed for both epic, class and pvp.
Blizzard has a full plate on their table they have to clean before goign live.
So we'll see.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

According to a Pc magazine I saw today the release date is October 25th.

It'd be damn nice yes, but we all know Blizzard for pushing back release dates, sadly.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Cotto wrote:According to a Pc magazine I saw today the release date is October 25th.

It'd be damn nice yes, but we all know Blizzard for pushing back release dates, sadly.
That would be fan-fucking-tastic! I could buy my younger brother a copy for his birthday (Oct 25), pay for his account, install it on my PC, and permanently look after "his" characters for him! :twisted:

Sadly, I do not put any faith whatsoever in that date. :P