July 14 Patch Message

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

July 14 Patch Message

Post by Mr Bacon »

7/14/2004

Headlines!
-------------------
Veeshan's Peak has been re-worked. Enjoy the new challenge.
A new Adventure Zone appears on Stormhammer.
You can now remove augments without losing them.

Veeshan's Peak!
-------------------
With this revamp we have Updated the level and NPC list for the zone: Please note that this zone is now an elemental level zone! The entry quest to Veeshan’s Peak has been changed. The original key quest has not been modified. However, the new entry quest uses the old key and offers an alternate quest to do instead of the original key quest.

- Items in the zone are now of elemental planes quality.
- Faction now matters: Dragons in Veeshan’s Peak will now speak to players if you have the correct faction and can understand them.
- New quests and lore: The dragons in Veeshan’s Peak will now give players the option to acquire items through questing for them.
- The zone is now an exp zone as well: Hunting in the areas before the dragons yields experience and loot.

New Adventure Zone for Stormhammer
-------------------
Stormhammer gains a new adventure zone. This is a 2 group adventure zone for characters of level 65.

Can you help the Eldritch Collective find and rescue Professor Bartleby Beckelbracker? Search the Desert of Ro for the whereabouts of Bartleby and his assistant Bomo and try to save them from the steel clutches of their enemies.

Augment Removal *
-------------------
- You can now purchase special "distillers" that will remove augmentations without destroying them. These distillers are sold by a merchant in Butcherblock. The item inspect window for an augmentation will tell you which distiller is required to remove it.

- The existing solvents can still be used to destroy an augmentation if you don't want to keep it. You no longer need a different solvent for each augmentation slot. The interface will allow you to select which augmentation you wish to delete.

- For those with custom UI's, you will need to update your EQ_Container.xml file in order to use the new augment window.

Pets *
-------------------
- Zoning pets are in. Persistent pet data includes: Items, Spell Effects, hit points, mana, name, height, and mana cost to summon them. All PC summoned pets should zone with you in all instances except for when you die. Pets will also follow the same rules as no rent items if you log with a pet.

- Pets can be shrunk again. Please wash them in only Cold water to prevent inadvertently reducing their size.

Tribute Changes *
-------------------
- Some items have had their favor value lowered.

- Players will now "Pre-pay" for tribute benefits. When benefits are activated, the player will immediately be charged for those benefits from their Favor pool. After that, the player will be charged every 10 minutes for the next 10 minutes of benefit. If benefits are deactivated before the timer is depleted, no refund is given for the time remaining.

- Players now have the ability to activate/deactivate the tribute benefits they've selected (as a whole) whenever they like using a button on the Tribute Benefit Window. However, every time the player activates his benefits, he will be "Pre-pay" (see above). The ability to change selected benefits (downgrade) away from the Tribute Master has been removed.

- When visiting a Tribute Master, the player's benefits will deactivate. Players may re-organize their selected benefit load, but will not be able to "preview" the benefits (seeing the effect on their character when the benefit is selected). Benefit descriptions should give the player a good indication of what the benefit will do when activated.

- The EQ Label that shows the Tribute Benefit Timer will now show green when benefits are active and gray when they are not.

Item Changes
-------------------
- Manastones will no longer work in Forgotten Halls. It was not intended for the item to be used there and some naughty folks were taking advantage of the zone.

- Malcohm Thimbleton, in the Plane of Knowledge will now swap out some Robe Graphic items for Tunic Graphics. *

- The Staff of Revealed Secrets now has a 2hb weapon model instead of the little stick it had before. Enjoy your bigger stick.

UI Changes
-------------------
- It is now possible to display your mana as a numeric value on your inventory screen. *
- By mousing over your buff icons, you will now be able to see the buffs remaining duration. *

Berserkers
-------------------
- Berserkers now have innate crits beginning at level 12.
- Tainted Axe of Hatred now comes in stacks of 20.

Additional Notes
-------------------
- You now have the ability to sell back LDoN items and augments to the adventure merchants for a percentage of their original cost. *

- We have increased the number of NPC debuff slots from 30 to 50. Necromancers rejoice. *

- The Doppleganger AA's re-use timer has been reduced to 30 minutes. *

- Sprint and Planeswalk have had their movement rate increased. *

- Beware! Many named mobs in Gates will now summon.

- The Hide all traders option, for the Bazaar, will no longer need to be reset each time you enter the zone. *

- /stopspellcast will no longer give spells recast delays.

- Leadership: Group/Raid mark npc should now update for people that are added to the group or raid.

- Main assist will no longer clear if the main assist zones.

- Bards should once again play the stringed instrument animation when playing a stringed instrument song.

- Hynid fleshrippers, tide feasters, and shore stonemites in Natimbi no longer hit so hard.

-- The EverQuest Team

*Denotes a change requested by the community
miir and I are best friends. <3
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

You can now remove augments without losing them.

about time

You now have the ability to sell back LDoN items and augments to the adventure merchants for a percentage of their original cost.

I wonder if you can sell those looted augs, probably not though :(
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

They better have fixed Quarm hammer. The pets suck at the moment.

Also hope they reset or chose a new faction for VP.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

to remove augments, you need to buy a distiller, from what ive seen on test, they range from a couple hundred platinum to about 8k each
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Aslanna wrote:They better have fixed Quarm hammer. The pets suck at the moment.

Also hope they reset or chose a new faction for VP.
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same. Apparently changing a proc pet's class simply to a warrior instead of a rogue is a whole lot of painstaking work.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Some nice changes. Zonable pets tops the list.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Sion, tell me you're kidding.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Nah, heh, he's not. You wouldn't pay 8k to keep an extra 40hp or 20/20/20 or upper end raid augments that are 100hp? I know I would. I don't find it absurd or too high at all.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Actualyl I would, but I'm thinking more about some lesser end augments that I have, and knowing SoE..
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

I was wrong, top one was actually like 4k, while the low end ones are quite cheap, heres a log from someone looking, I swear I saw a screenshot of this somewhere, so dont take it to heart

Scheduled Update July 8th, 2004 at 4am PDT
At 4am PDT (-7UTC) on Thursday July 8th, 2004 all english language based Everquest servers will be coming down for a scheduled update. The Estimated downtime is 8 hours. The SOE Operations Team
-------------------------
Upcoming July 2004
We have an update tentatively scheduled for July 8th. Some of the highlights include;

The ability to remove augments from items and retain them.

Pets should properly shrink.

A new adventure zone will move to Legends.

Pets will zone with their masters.

Mana will display a numeric value.

Buffs will show a countdown timer when moused over.

The new Veeshan's Peak!

And many other exciting changes. Stay tuned.

Brenlo the Updated

---------------------------
Augs:
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:47 2004] You say, 'Hail, Mimzit Furnov'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:48 2004] Mimzit Furnov says 'Behold my latest invention!' The gnome sweeps his hand over a display of vials containing bubbling liquids of various colors. 'I alone have struck upon the formula to unseal augmentations without destroying them. Think of the possibilities!' A glint comes into his eyes as he eyes your money. 'I promise,' he assures you, 'you won't find these anywhere else.''
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:11 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 1 platinum 1 gold 8 copper per Class I Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:17 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 5 platinum 5 gold 3 silver 7 copper per Class II Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:20 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 11 platinum 7 silver 4 copper per Class III Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:21 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 27 platinum 6 gold 8 silver 6 copper per Class IV Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:24 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 55 platinum 3 gold 7 silver 1 copper per Class V Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:24 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 83 platinum 5 silver 6 copper per Class VI Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:25 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 110 platinum 7 gold 4 silver 3 copper per Class VII Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:26 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 138 platinum 4 gold 2 silver 7 copper per Class VIII Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:28 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 166 platinum 1 gold 1 silver 3 copper per Class IX Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:29 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 276 platinum 8 gold 5 silver 5 copper per Class X Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:33 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 553 platinum 7 gold 1 silver per Class XI Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:34 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 830 platinum 5 gold 6 silver 5 copper per Class XII Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:37 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 1107 platinum 4 gold 1 silver 9 copper per Class XIII Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:39 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 1384 platinum 2 gold 7 silver 5 copper per Class XIV Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:39 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 1661 platinum 1 gold 3 silver per Class XV Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:40 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 2214 platinum 8 gold 3 silver 9 copper per Class XVI Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:42 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 3322 platinum 2 gold 5 silver 9 copper per Class XVII Augmentation Distiller.'
[Wed Jun 30 23:24:43 2004] Mimzit Furnov tells you, 'That'll be 4429 platinum 6 gold 7 silver 8 copper per Class XVIII Augmentation Distiller.'
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

Now how do we know which one goes to which?
Avryce
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Avryce »

Guessing the new augment thingamajig mentioned will tell or maybe augments will say something like Type 8: Class ??
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Aslanna - yeah the Timeweaver proc pet is fixed. Hitting for the full 415, instead of getting miss miss miss miss 35 miss miss miss~
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

The VP revamp is something I always wanted to see. Almost wish my character still existed so I could come back and see it.
Madren
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Madren »

you inspect the augment itself, it lists what flavor of distiller is required to remove it safely.

kinda sad that we only got 70% of the value when selling back, but its better then nothing for sure. I ended up having enough to get my moves and adds done.

was hoping to finish the last 20'ish percent of my ldon aug, but gonna be tough to find the motivation now to get the last bunch of adv. wins.

Another note to paladins, Grab your "hand of piety" Hotkey from your GoD section instead of The elemental section. If you use the old one, the group heal is much less effective.
Valiant Madren Steelhand
Cestus Dei - Luclin server
" You start playing with your head... thats 3 feet above your ass " - Jimmy Dougan