Oblivion Expansion: Shivering Isles

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Re: Oblivion Expansion: Shivering Isles

Post by Dregor Thule »

I'd been debating whether to switch over to the 360 version of this rather than start up my old PC save game again, but re-reading this thread has me thinking I'll just stick with the pc version. I'm afraid of what managing the interface will be like for the 360, plus having to redo all the stuff I've done again... Maybe one day I'll play the 360 version, but just sort of power through the parts that grant achievements. Damn you achievements! Why do I feel the overwhelming urge to get as many of you as I can?!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Oblivion Expansion: Shivering Isles

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Yes, I'm almost 3 years behind...

I bought the Oblivion: Game of the Year addition about 3 months ago for the 360, but never played it. I threw it in last night on a whim, and goddamn this game is great. I'm about 4 hours in already and really looking forward to playing it more tonight.

So, I have:

Oblivion 4

Expansions:
Knights of the Nine
Shivering Isles

DLC:
Fighter's Stronghold - My own castle
Spell Tomes - Some new random loots
The Vile Lair - A new dungeon
Mehrune's Razor - New high level dungeon
Wizard's Tower - Another home?
Orrery - New questline? Have to rebuild some artifact.
The Theive's Den - Fucking Goonies. Totally fucking Goonies. I can't wait to do this dungeon!

Seriously, this is how you do a game. There is an assload of stuff to do. Having never played the game before, or anything like it in the past, this is all fresh and new to me. I see myself playing this for a very long time.

Now I see what all the excitement was about. This makes me want to play Fallout 3 even more.