Hulk Physics! (not a Psychic thread, Cart)

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Who would win in a fight?

The Hulk
34%
The Terminator
9%
Mickey "The One-Punch Machine Gun"
9%
Kyoukan Nimbrethil
39%
Miss Cleo
10%

Total votes: 93

Kelgar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kelgar »

I used to have nearly the entire collection of the first and second series Marvel Universe collector cards (before my dickwad brother sold them all in a garage sale while I was away).

I vaguely recall the Hulk's height/weight being listed in the neighborhood of 7'5" or 6 and 950ish lbs.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Can't the hulk from the comics get bigger when he gets angrier?

and wtf I'm losing by 2 votes that is bullshit.
Kelgar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kelgar »

Not exactly.

His strength grows in proportion to how angry he is. Not size.
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Right Kelgar. I guess that was ang lees way of making his increasing anger apparant to the viewing audience. In comics, we have captions like *Hulk increased his anger 10 fold!*, can't really do that in an onscreen drama flick I guess. I was ok with it, even though I hated the notion when I first heard about it last year.
Adela
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Adela »

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shoc ... on=5,0,0,0"
WIDTH=350 HEIGHT=250>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://cadalano.com/archives/adelaz.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF> <EMBED src="http://cadalano.com/archives/adelaz.swf" quality=high wmode=transparent bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=270 HEIGHT=210 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/dow ... h"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

Kyoukan Nimbrethil
did I miss a VV wedding? :shock:
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Ennia wrote:
Kyoukan Nimbrethil
did I miss a VV wedding? :shock:
Yes, and the honeymoon, and the honeymoon video. Let's just say that Voronwe < Tommy Lee. :twisted:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

He grows in both size, mass, and density the angrier he gets. As an example, in the film, he threw a dude out the front window. The Hulk scrolls onto the front lawn with bits of clothing still on (including his shoes). People start shooting him. He Hulks out even more, ripping of the reamining clothing and shreding the shoes he was wearing.

So yes Kyoukan, the Hulk does get larger the more pissed off he gets. That growth is finite and he maxes at about 12 feet or so.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
He grows in both size, mass, and density the angrier he gets. As an example, in the film, he threw a dude out the front window. The Hulk scrolls onto the front lawn with bits of clothing still on (including his shoes). People start shooting him. He Hulks out even more, ripping of the reamining clothing and shreding the shoes he was wearing.

So yes Kyoukan, the Hulk does get larger the more pissed off he gets. That growth is finite and he maxes at about 12 feet or so.

Are we talking about The Hulk or Voronwe's Unit?
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Fairweather Pure wrote:

Fairweather, he was answering Kyoukans question about the hulk from the COMICS, so no, the hulk does not grow t he angrier he gets in the comics. Kyoukan was not asking about the movie hulk, obviously she saw that and knows that he grows.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

kyoukan wrote:and wtf I'm losing by 2 votes that is bullshit.
I'm from Florida. I demand a recount!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather, he was answering Kyoukans question about the hulk from the COMICS, so no, the hulk does not grow t he angrier he gets in the comics.
The Hulk does grow in the comics. Just the act of Bruce turning into the Hulk is an act of growing with anger, but I imagine your inner geek will require a tad more evidence. (At least I hope it would!)

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_s ... /hulk.html

Best example I could find on short notice.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: 5' 9 1/2", (Savage Hulk) 7', (Grey Hulk) 6'6", (Merged Hulk) 7' 6"
Weight: 128 lbs., (Savage Hulk) 1,040 lbs., (Grey Hulk) 900 lbs., (Merged Hulk) 1,150 lbs.
Savage Hulk weighs more and is taller than Grey Hulk due to, well, being savage. He's angrier and bigger.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Fairweather, those different sizes you posted aren't a dynamic change. There have been 3 or 4 incarnations of the Hulk over the years, each one has one of the masses listed below.

From the same page that you linked:
In times of stress the Hulk's adrenaline level escalates, causing a corresponding escalation in strength. This is not accompanied by an additional gain in mass, but does appear to promote increased levels of energy efficiency. To date the Hulk has never apparently been provoked into demonstrating a maximum output of strength, hence, its upper limit remains a mystery.

I am crossing the boundaries into super-nerddom. :shock:
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

/em points as Sylvus

One of us! One of us! One of us!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather, those different sizes you posted aren't a dynamic change.
My nerdiness shall rein supreme! I will find a quote that absolves my oversight and prove me to be correct!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Sylvus wrote:Who ranks higher, the star trek nerds or the comic book nerds?
I'd say the trekkies start pretty high up on the nerd scale, same with the star wars nerds. By the time folks have the trekkie label attached to them they're long past nerdy already.

Comic book collecting is reasonably normal and isn't in the same league as those folks. Even the adults who still collect. Except in extreme cases of course, like the fat guy on the Simpsons, I've seen people like him.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Comic book collecting is reasonably normal and isn't in the same league as those folks
Keep telling yourself that, Nerd!
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

"I collected them for a few years until I got into high school and needed to save my money for beer."
Did you go to college? If so I assume you took it a step further and sold what comics you already owned to afford more beer.

That's what I did. Although it wasn't comics because I only purchased maybe 5 comic books in my life...but like I had some magic cards and knifes and stuff I had collected....and I sold them to buy beer, my dorm room couldn't fit pointless junk anyway. Pointless meaning if I didn't use it on an almost daily basis. My freshman dorm was like 5ft by 10ft and I had to share it.
-retired-
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

This guy has beaten Hulk in hand to hand melee combat!

Abomination!

--

--

--

We are talking melee combat yes?

Galactus and the gang never fought in close-combat as far as i know!

This is your man

--

I voted Kyokan , but this fellow could also defeat Hulk in close combat!