R.I.P. Dave Williams, Singer of Drowning Pool

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

R.I.P. Dave Williams, Singer of Drowning Pool

Post by Neziroth »

<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the IRK!...*THUMP*
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lvl 50 Fury (Lvl 50 Provisioner)
Officer of Vae Victis on the Crushbone Server
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Once again in an effort to be, apparently, funny Searyx proves what a lame fuck he is.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Damiarch
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Damiarch »

WTF! I'm going to see Ozzfest this saturday....Shit!
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

For Christ's sake, Aslanna! Use your imagination!

The idea of their lead singer having a heart attack while singing that piece of shit song brings a big ol' smile to my face :)
Searyx Fairyslayer
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Let me tell you why this (your finding a death funny) is, Searyx.

It's because you're a sick twisted lifeless fuck who has nothing better to do than annoy us.

It's because you have no respect for anyone.

It's because you have no respect for human life.

It's because you're you.

Go away.

Edit: It wasn't really a noun, but I hope I cleared it up for you Searyx
Last edited by Neziroth on August 15, 2002, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

Let me tell you why this is, Searyx.
Why WHAT is? Nouns! I need NOUNS!!

(P.S. I'm not lifeless)
Searyx Fairyslayer
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

There are some people I don't mind, honestly, seeing pass away. A couple realitives. Osama. Whomever the dipshit was that invented telemarketing. Anyone who sexually abuses a child or harms a innocent woman.

However.

I am saddened to see this man go, beucase he was at least doing somthing with his life.

Instead of being happy someone died who wrote a song that someone else didn't like.

Put your lips on your cock, then suck really, really hard, and you might pull your head out of your ass, where everything else you seem to have is located.

I don't mind you normally searyx, but that was low and some pretty serious bullshit.

In other words:

Go hump a cucumber, go lick a goat, go shave a sheep's nutsack, go piss in the wind, go kiss a liberal, go ream a rabit, go gulp a golpher, go get jizzed on, go milk a bull, go shit on yer dick, go piss yer bed, go jack a tack, go thrust a bus, go enjoy some fresh out of the oven american pie, and ABOVE ALL:

Shut up, and GTFA.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

You misread what I wrote, Akaran. I'm not happy that he died. I simply made a joke about it, which I found to be funny. As far as I know, he didn't die of a heart attack.

For example, Robin Williams once said, "Do you like the play Mr. Lincoln? DUCK!". I find that joke funny, but that doesn't mean that Lincoln's death makes me happy.

The JOKE puts a small on my face. Not the REAL idea of the man and how he died.
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

For what it's worth...

Post by Lohrno »

For what it's worth, I chuckled a tiny bit. ;)

-=Lohrno
Joramile
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Joramile »

It sucks ass that someone like that died. He had some talent I really started getting into Drowning Pool too. I heard it on the radio earlier and it was all sad-like.

*moment of silence*

Okay, now return to your regularly scheduled flaming.
Joramile Doomdragon
Ex-Veeshan player
60 Shaman of the Tribunal
"If our paths should cross again, then my job is yet to be finished." ~My Own Demented Little Mind
Aarinu
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Aarinu »

I am saddened to see this man go, beucase he was at least doing somthing with his life.
You say that with such heart :) Just wait till we all find out it was a Heroin overdose. I'm willing to stake my life on the fact that he died from a drug overdose. People at age 25-30ish do not die of "natural causes." It just doesn't happen. Maybe he did have a heart attack, but, something caused the heart attack. I agree though, he was doing something with his life.... Probably making some fuck from Columbia some nice cash.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Drowning Pool was just like every other over played, over commercialized band that is on the radio these days. They aren't anything special and I'm sure someone will be there to take their place.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

People die everyday. This person happened to be famous. Still, it's sad to see someone so young die, no matter if they're famous or not. While I liked some of thier music, I don't think they were anything spectacular or innovative.

I thought the "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" reference was pretty funny. It would be like if Perry Ferrell from Jane's Addiction actually "Got Caught Stealin'". Or if I was to say I'm not black like Barry White, I am white like Frank Black is.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

screaming a repetitive phrase into a microphone is not talent, eventually people will understand that. If you want some hard rock that actually requires talent, listen to tool. And, until I find out how he died, I don't find it to be the least bit sad, cause, like someone said above, if I were to take a stab in the dark at what killed him. I'd say it was probably white, and went up his nasal passage a little bit to heavily.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

All hail Clear Channel, lord of the commercial airways and minister of all that you will hear. /puke
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

You people need to listen to the fucking music before you criticize it. He didn't just "scream repetitive phrases into a microphone" he sang as good as the rest of them.
"He was the sweetest man you'll ever come across in your life," Disturbed singer David Draiman said Wednesday. "[He] didn't have a bad bone in his body, just very kind-hearted, very good-natured, very genuine, always trying to make everyone around him smile. [He was] always trying to bring some life to the party with his own little dramatic flair.

"Everyone loved him," Draiman continued. "I don't know a single person that has ever met Dave Williams and not just instantly fallen in love with him. He could charm anyone to death. He was a very special guy. It's shocking."
Unless you know him personally, dont disrespect him by insulting him or making jokes about his death (that goes for you Searyx you fucking waste of life).

Everyone likes different kind of music. Just because you didn't like what he played doesn't give you the right to insult him.
Timmah.

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Well said, Sor. I couldn't agree more.

If your Son died, would you want someone to make a joke? He's definitely somebody's Son.

If your friend died, would you want someone to make a joke? I bet he has friends.

Try to think about things before you make them the butt of your ever-so-witty jokes.

Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

It seems all the good ones die young...

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

From what I've read on the band's website and from other various reports the rumor is to be a drug overdose. Then again rockstars dying on ODing on somthing, Nah....
R.I.P. bro.

Ax
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Zvenn Eaglefist
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Zvenn Eaglefist »

whether you like the song or not you gotta respect the man he made it in one of the hardest businesses to get going in and made a pretty good living out of it till this unfortunate incident...granite i cant really stand that song much myself anymore but joking about someones death is going a little far IMO
Sensei Zvenn
formerly the 65th Transcendent of the Celestial Tomb...currently retired

<embed src="http://www.webspawner.com/users/veeshan/whoopass.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="120" height="90"></embed>
beasted
No Stars!

Post by beasted »

to be saddened by his death is all fine and good...

but if it was infact a heroin/coke overdose (more than likely), he was asking for it. fucking around with drugs like that is russian roulette. if they find out it was a drug o/d, i feel sorry for the people who have to cope with such an unnecessary loss... i don't feel sorry for him.

p.s. - drowning pool sucked anyway (sorry, i had to).
Sovereign
Katria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Katria »

I have no respect for people that commit suicide. Doing drugs is committing suicide - only in slow motion. If you don't have enough respect for yourself, why should anyone else respect you?

Let the bodies hit the floor indeed.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Why would you need drugs when you are getting all that nice Pie. Makes no sense.
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hammerstalker PE »

Regardless of the disease, cancer, heart disease, alcoholism or drug addiction they are all deserving of sympathy...

They all have loved ones they leave behind and to joke about their death is rude and ignorant.
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Some of what I am hearing on the radio is that he passed out and choked on his own vomit after a night of heavy drinking. Not exactly the most glorious way to go but hardly a heroine OD either. I would bet that most of us that frequent this forum have been so drunk we passed out and/or puked on occasion. That he was unlucky enough that this happened, well, it sounds like he won the wrong lottery.

I wasn't a great fan of the band but I don't think his death is deserving of the ridicule that has surfaced here.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Joramile
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Joramile »

Okay if you said "Drowning Pool sucks" then yay you have developed a sense of judgement! uhh..yay. Anyways I won't force my musical taste on anyone but I don't exactly go around saying Group X sucks balls don't listen to them.

Death is not a joke...if I was killing you would you be laughing? Hmm?

Drowning Pool was an emerging band, with 1 album out and touring and all that other fun stuff.

Step into the real world: I'm pretty sure more than half of the teenagers (at least in California) have tried a drug at one time or another. Welcome to the ever changing society that we live in. They have this program called D.A.R.E. and they make you promise never to hurt your body. I know TONS of those people have drank, smoked cigarettes and other illegal drugs, and hell even some worse stuff (heroine?) I know it goes on.

PEER PRESSURE is the leading cause. Nobody just picks up a joint off of a dealer and smokes it becuz he's bored...someone introduces him to it....think about it and it'll make sense.
Joramile Doomdragon
Ex-Veeshan player
"If our paths should cross again, then my job is yet to be finished." ~My Own Demented Little Mind
Pubin
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Pubin »

not to put a positive spin on anyone's death, but drowning in vomit because i'm too drunk to wake up is how i wanna go.

carry on
Don't blame me if you see my old characters acting like asses.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Innovative, original are a few words that come to mind when I think of truly good music. This band was neither one of those, they were a heavy metal band. Bands that play a few chords over and over while they scream or shout or yell or say far too loudly or however you want me to put it to make you sleep better at night, " let the bodies hit the floor" for however long that "song" is are crap and sound like far too many others of their genre. Normally, I would agree, especially in music that taste cannot be judged, but this band sucked - period - I don't even see how you can honestly debate that point. I am guessing 99% of the people that listen to this band and bands of it's kind (other than the people who just listened to that worthless bodies song because it seemed to amuse people) are depressed teenagers walking around in black clothes. Or I could be wrong, they could just be the type of kid like bob in my english class, who when he is asked to write a short story, comes up with one about some guy killing his whole family and seeing their brains on the floor afterwards.

Now that being said, I hope whoever said that they don't respect people who commit suicide trips down the stairs and breaks their neck. I had a cousin who I was really close to that killed himself. Yes, its a selfish act, and yes - they may or may not have respect for themselves. But to make a comment like that is disgusting, thats like searyx poking fun at the drowning pool dude. Or maybe, when you do trip down the stairs and break your neck, ill write here how I have no respect for palsies who trip down the stairs and break their necks, because, if they had respect for themselves they would have picked their feet up - so why should I respect them.
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

I also have very little respect for suicides. I have even less respect for people who commit suicide WHILE LIVING IN ONE OF THE BEST FUCKING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD!

Wow. Did I feel the world get lighter?
Searyx Fairyslayer
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

And to anyone who thinks all he did was scream into a microphone, download Tear Away then pull your lip over your head and swallow. Go check out the article they have at Mtv.com and you'll see how many people loved being around him. I saw him perform twice and met him once and he definatly was a kind hearted man who doesn't deserve to be badmouth after he died. If it turns out that he did die of an overdose, so what. He's still a person and a great singer.
Timmah.

Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

towelli tells you, ' hey guys, wanna get high?'
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Can we post more self-righteous bullshit, please?

Come on. Using drugs doesn't make a person bad, and certainly doesn't make a person deserving of death.

I have a friend who is an ex-coke addict, and another who is an ex-speed addict. They've both been clean for years, and are both great people.

I have another friend who currently does cocaine. Even though it's not something I'd do, and I disagree with his choice to use it, it doesn't mean he's not a great friend to me and many others.

I honestly don't mind making jokes about death. I find very little to be taboo or off-limits. For example, I didn't find Jim Bowden's recent comments to be out of line at all.

However, some people are posting here with an attitude that I find offensive. Specifically, that his death is meaningless because he may have been a drug addict.

If you can't understand why the life of a drug addict can have as much value as any other life, then I simply can't understand your perspective, I'm sure you can't understand mine, and there is nothing else that we can possibly say here.

Searyx: What the fuck does someones nationality have to do with their decision to commit suicide?
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

Searyx: What the fuck does someones nationality have to do with their decision to commit suicide?
When you kill yourself in the land of opportunity, it is a slap in the face to those in the world that TRULY suffer.

Bob: I live in the USA and got a "B" on my English Test! My parents are going to spank me! I WANT TO DIE!!!

Joe: I live in a third world country. I watched my entire family slowly die of starvation. I eat about 1 meal per week, and will probably die of starvation in the next year or two. Oh well. At least I'm not dead yet!

See the difference? If Bob is too fucking stupid to put things into perspective, then I'd rather not have Bob on the planet. Know what I mean?
Searyx Fairyslayer
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Sure, with the examples you gave, it makes perfect sense.

But what about the people in America who live in third world conditions in the Rio Grande Valley? Or the city-dwellers who have problems with gangs? Or the crowds of illiterate homeless people hoping to find a grate to sleep on to keep warm?

Setting aside for an instant all moral issues with suicide itself, there are certainly some in America who commit it for much more pressing reasons than simply a B on an English test.
Katria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Katria »

Drowning Pool was an emerging band, with 1 album out and touring and all that other fun stuff.
Blind Melon
Alice In Chains
The Doors
Elvis
AC/DC
Led Zepplin
The Who
INXS
Nirvana (Ok, Kurt was murdered, but whatever)

I'm sure I could go on for a long time.. people that achieve their dreams, and then piss them away. You're welcome to not agree with me and I'm welcome to not agree with you - but I simply can't respect people that knowingly and purposefully kill themselves when I've watched family members fight so damn hard to hold on to their lives while dying painfully.

Life is precious, no matter where or how you live.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Katria: I have no respect for people that commit suicide. Doing drugs is committing suicide - only in slow motion. If you don't have enough respect for yourself, why should anyone else respect you?

Let the bodies hit the floor indeed.
First of all, I consider committing suicide to be killing yourself when you don't want to live anymore.

You're spouting all this "life is precious and he's an ass for doing drugs and killing himself" stuff; I'm sure he felt the same way about life as you and I'm also pretty sure that he didn't want to die.

In fact, if you consider doing drugs to be killing yourself (And I'm assuming you do because when you do drugs you know it hurts your health)

Then I bet you consider the following commiting suicide:

Driving Fast
Driving Without a seatbelt
Smoking
Drinking

Hell, I bet you even consider going to war for your country to be suicide. It follows your logic... all of them can kill you and you have some degree of control over each of them.

I bet you're even guilty of Drinking / Driving fast or without a seatbelt at some point. I'd tell you I have no respect for you because of that, too, but you allready lost my respect with your ignorant comments.

If I were you I'd rethink some of the bullshit that you've spouted.

Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

I don't think he was trying to commit suicide. I do however believe that the way he died was pretty fuckin stupid.

I hearaby nominate him for a Darwin Award!
Searyx Fairyslayer
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Neziroth: Thank you. That sums up the way I feel.

Searyx: Is our conversation over or are you going to respond?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Drowning Pool had 2 albums btw.

Anyone who thinks al people that listen to heavy metal music "are teenager who dress all in black" need to get a fucking clue. Stereotyping at it's best...

Anyway, I think Mudvayne is one of the darkest, and loudest heavy metal bands to ever exisist, yet if you read their lyrics, you'll see they are OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS deeper and complex than any pop/radio-friendly bullshit that has ever been played on the radio. Those mother fuckers rock.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Not confirmed yet but this just in...

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

http://kissrocks.com/music/rockreport.html

Have to scroll down to the 17th of August.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
jentaii
No Stars!

Post by jentaii »

i've lost several family members and school friends to drugs (a close relative and old friend this year alone - my cousin was 31, friend was 21). a few are still alive and addicted. i live with two of them on a daily basis. do i think they are/were bad people, suicidal, or meant to do it to themselves? no.. but i do think that most people initially see drugs as entertainment and ignore the numerous warnings we all receive our whole lives. it doesn't take that long to become addicted and pass from a casual experimenter to a full-blown addict.

i think becoming addicted to any substance is a truly horrible thing, but nobody really wakes up one morning and decides to become a drug addict.. that aspect of drug usage is beyond their control. of course trying it ISN'T beyond their control, but everybody's body responds differently to drugs and a human body becoming physically addicted to a substance is NOT something that is controllable. in that respect it's hard to completely dismiss a drug user as a bad person, or suicidal, or like omg wtf why don't they stop they're wasting their lives blah blah.. i don't think the people saying those things have a true understanding of what addiction is and how hard it is to control.

of course some individuals manage to 'beat' addiction and live normal lives.. but those people are few and far between. there's a LOT more addicts who are unable to gain any control over their lives ever again. beating addiction is a funny term because even if you haven't touched a substance in 15 years you're STILL an addict. you will be one until the day you pass from this world.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Side note --

Wulf:
That was how Bonham died. :(

Carry on.
Joramile
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Joramile »

Mudvayne is pretty good, Slipknot is a pretty rough band and if you look at the lyrics you see something else. Slipknot and Mudvayne are like the two heaviest bands I can think of...
Joramile Doomdragon
Ex-Veeshan player
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Soreali »

Theres a lot of heavy bands I can think of but wont post here now. Slipknot and Mudvayne are definatly two of the best. Even better live.
Timmah.