Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients

Post by Soriathus Serpentine »

I'd post on the KoE boards but Sunmoon's working on server issues. I've also posted a long thankyou on the AG boards to those at AG who helped.

I'd like to thank everyone again for helping me with this, it was amazing finishing the 7th and 8th in one night. I'd like to especially thank Tarachi and Dula who were there for the majority of it tonight, super especially Tarachi who's been there helping me since cudgel #5-8. Even though he wasn't there last night I'd like to give special thanks to Venomblood, without his words of wisdom I wouldn't have ever completed this quest. Also thanks to almost all the KoE who where on who came in for the final fight. For those that stuck around thanks for doing so durring waiting and organizing times. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but very few Iksar Shaman have this item and it's amazing that I have it now. A quest that has TRUELY been epic and I've worked on a regular basis for the last 2.5 years.

An Iksar Apparition says 'Relics...Sathir...'
Vauris Sathir - http://www.aracnet.com/~cybervic/Vauris_Sathir.jpg

Venril Sathir staggers as the spirits of the Ancients comsume them.
Venril Sathir laughs as he turns Riles attack aside
Venril Sathir 's maniacal cackle fills the halls. 'And so it ends child! Your torment will continue for all eternity!
Venril Sathir - http://www.aracnet.com/~cybervic/Venril_Sathir.jpg

The spirit of Rile thoughts invade your mind. 'You have done well Soriathus, the second terror of Venril Sathir has finally ended. I request but one last thing of you. Use your Skyiron cudgel to reunite my spirit with my stolen corpse so that I can find a final resting place.
The spirit of Rile says 'Use your cudgel to unite my soul with my body Soriathus!'
The Spirit of Rile - http://www.aracnet.com/~cybervic/Spirit_Of_Rile.jpg

The spirit of Rile begins to shudder and shake, the bones fly from your hands to meet their rightful soul. The spirit and bones being to glow and meld into one another, forming a swirling mass of ethereal energy. Soriathus begins to mouth incantations in an unfamiliar tongue. Their voice rises ever higher as mystic energy surges through the room. Then, in a suddenly flash, the spirit and corpse disappear without a trace, leaving only Soriathus holding a Faintly glowing Cudgel in his hand.
Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12497
Last edited by Soriathus Serpentine on March 9, 2003, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soriathus Serpentine - Epic Luminary of the Scaled Mystics
Master of All Trades (See my magelo for trade stats)
Proud Member of Keepers of the Elements

Blumgan says, 'If I could bottle his enthusiasm for the game I'd be rich.'
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'm speechless.

Edit: Ok, I've regained my composure. Posting thank you's is always a good thing.

Having said that, if this is what you post when you get a hammer, thank god you didn't get laid.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Aranuil wrote:I'm speechless.

Edit: Ok, I've regained my composure. Posting thank you's is always a good thing.

Having said that, if this is what you post when you get a hammer, thank god you didn't get laid.
Bwhahaha
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Laugh Aranuil. Congrats guy, I'm a huge Iksar nut, love em. I know what all goes into that cudgel quest, so good job.
Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

Been working on this quest since I was level 4 or so. 2.5 years this quest was truely epic. I've invested about 20% of my /played time probably working on this quest. Nothing in comparrison to the 2-4% of my /played time working on the Spear of Fate which is going to be severely boring finishing (in comparison to this). All I have left is the fight in the Hole and City of Mist.
Last edited by Soriathus Serpentine on March 9, 2003, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Pretty neat, congrats.

Game needs more quests like this.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Dregor I must say your avatar is teh pwn.
Timmah.

Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

I looked through more of my log and here's the storyline I could find from the NPC chat log last night. Apparently after further reading, it seems that what happened is that Lord Rile's full name is Rile Sathir and Venril Sathir is his father (drusilla is his mother). Anyhow Venril turned his back against Fear and made a pact with Inny for immortality. Unfortunately this ritual required for him to sacrifice his son, Lord Rile, greatest ruler of the iksar people. In that ritual he gained his immortality through rile's body and his combined (with the new identity Vauris Sathir). This ritual we started seperated Rile and Venril into their 2 parts again, suffice to say he might have beaten Rile to the death and taken Rile's skull, but we took it back and not only returned the skull, but forever bound his soul to his body restoring him as one so he can finally rest in peace.

P.S. all this storyline stuff is for you Jlove since you asked last night about it.

7th Cudgel Text
Hierophant Granix peers at the skull intently. 'There is strange magic in this skull Soriathus, what ever necromancer animated this skeleton was a powerful warlock indeed. I sense the power of several ancients in this relic. Take this skull to Oracle Qulin in the field of bone, he may be able to perform the ritual which will free this ancient's spirit from the mortal realm.

Oracle Qulin runs his scaled fingers slowly over the cracked, brittle skull. 'Granix did well to send you to me, I may yet be able to recover the spirit of this ancient and set it free. Come! I shall need your help with this ritual.
Oracle Qulin dips the skull in the crystal waters. He lifts the skull over his head and stands completely still, allowing the water to drip down off the skull down over his body and finally on to the parched sand.
Oracle Qulin 's voice stops suddenly, leaving the air completely silent. Even the waves seem to have stopped for a moment. You begin to move toward him, but he raises a hand toward you motioning for you to stay still.
Oracle Qulin says 'Suddenly without warning the skull flies from Quilin's hands and flies into the murky waters. It stays submerged for a moment and then flies toward you, but this time an entire corpse is attached to it.'
Oracle Qulin says 'It seems this particular ancient does not wish to be put to rest. Return this note to Hierophant Granix and tell him what happened. He will surely wish this skull to be disposed of properly, but I do not have the power to do it myself.'

Hierophant Granix says 'It is as I feared, the mark of the warlock has surely driven these ancient spirits mad. We can not allow these spirits to roam free in our world Soriathus. Take this case and place the glowing skulls of other ancients inside of it. Return it to me with your Cudgel of the Heirophant so that we may remove these cursed spirits from our world forcefully.'
Hierophant Granix says 'I require your cudgel of the Hierophant as well as the filled ornate skull case before I will help you.'
Hierophant Granix says 'You have done well Soriathus. Perhaps you can help clear these troubling dreams from my tired aging mind. Commune with the spirits of our Ancestors and learn from them. Never forget that the ultimate power comes from knowledge. The ancients are privy to much knowledge that mortals will never see. Should you be granted enlightenment from our ancestors, share your knowledge with me so that we may use this knowledge for the benefit of our brethren. I will continue to study the [dreams] that [cloud] my mind.'

8th Cudgel Text
Oracle Vauris says 'Bring me the bag of bone dust along with the relics Soriathus'
Oracle Vauris says 'You have done well Soriathus. Now it is time for the true test of your clairvoyance. Only a true Scaled mystic will be able to put these spirits to rest. Be warned, these souls will not go quietly into the next world. They have strong ties to this land, and it is these ties we must break. Take them to the City of the Kunzar, the birthplace of the emperor. Only there will you be able to tear asunder the dark rituals that have twisted the souls of our ancient heroes. I will await you in that place Soriathus.'

An Iksar Apparition says 'Relics...Sathir...'

Venril Sathir staggers as the spirits of the Ancients comsume them.
Venril Sathir laughs as he turns Riles attack aside
Venril Sathir 's maniacal cackle fills the halls. 'And so it ends child! Your torment will continue for all eternity!

The spirit of Rile thoughts invade your mind. 'You have done well Soriathus, the second terror of Venril Sathir has finally ended. I request but one last thing of you. Use your Skyiron cudgel to reunite my spirit with my stolen corpse so that I can find a final resting place.
The spirit of Rile says 'Use your cudgel to unite my soul with my body Soriathus!'

The spirit of Rile begins to shudder and shake, the bones fly from your hands to meet their rightful soul. The spirit and bones being to glow and meld into one another, forming a swirling mass of ethereal energy. Soriathus begins to mouth incantations in an unfamiliar tongue. Their voice rises ever higher as mystic energy surges through the room. Then, in a suddenly flash, the spirit and corpse disappear without a trace, leaving only Soriathus holding a Faintly glowing Cudgel in his hand.

Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Soreali wrote:Dregor I must say your avatar is teh pwn.
Nay, Atokal's avatar is the pwn.
Dexail
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Dexail »

grats Sori. Lot of work went into it. :D
Dex
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Grats on the cudgel Sori! Having done the Greenmist quest as well as helped Venomblood on his cudgel a ways back, it is nice to see that completed which few ever finish. Good job! :)
en kærlighed småkager
Dula Allazaward
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dula Allazaward »

Congratulations Sori!

It was a pleasure to of been a part of it. You certainly deserve it with all the time and effort you put into the hammer. Sacrificing the exp groups to better yourself before you lvl. Your going to be one bad shaman when you hit 65 if you keep up this pace. Good Luck my friend :)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Cool story along with that quest. They should upgrade the final reward a bit though...seems like it should be a bit more epic with a storyline like that.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Does that effect stack with Avatar?
Don't remember.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Balek
No Stars!

Post by Balek »

According to Lucy Carnage does not stack with Avatar
JloveFizzboom
No Stars!

Post by JloveFizzboom »

Happy to help -- I enjoy quests like this and the storylines behind them.

Jlove tells the group, "so what are we doing here?"

"Getting Sori his cudgel"

"yes yes yes, I know that part. I mean What Are We Doing Here? Why this place, etc -- you know....the story?"

Gratz on the club -- was a very very cool event :)
Jlove Fizzboom
Keepers of the Elements