Borderlands

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Borderlands

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Well you don't technically HAVE to trudge through it solo. You can get help to fly through it to catch them. I know we have been able to level from 1 to 50 in a couple hours tops when just leveling up a different class. It is a lot more fun to do it the hard way though.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

They are releasing a GOTY type edition of Borderlands soon with all three expansions. Looking forward to checking out the expansions.

Borderlands was definitely a top 3 console game for 2009. (Demon's Souls and whatever round out the other top 3)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If you like challenge, do not play the 3rd expansion before playing the other 2 and the full game on both playthroughs. The Knoxx expansion gets you to level 61 and is the only content that will scale past 50....at least for now.

I guess it is not that big of a deal since you can always level something to 50 in an hour or so and gear it with your old stuff to play the older content at an appropriate level.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

GOTY edition $7.50 US ($7.20 CDN) on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901566/

go go up to top!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I hope they are working on Borderlands 2. I still think this may have been the best game I have played on a console to date.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

They haven't officially announced it, but I've read multiple interviews where they've said they are.

I played the shit out of this game too, I couldn't tell you how many times I killed craw eras trying to get a Pearlescent weapon.

Rage is coming out later this year, it looks like it will be very similar to Borderlands.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I almost forgot how much fucking fun this game is.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Actually played it most of the weekend. After having a siren and a soldier completely geared up and about as solid as they can be, I tried the berserker out with just whatever weapons he can farm up on his own. Holy cow it is like going from easy mode to madden mode. Sirens with good weapons are completely unstoppable.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Actually played it most of the weekend. After having a siren and a soldier completely geared up and about as solid as they can be, I tried the berserker out with just whatever weapons he can farm up on his own. Holy cow it is like going from easy mode to madden mode. Sirens with good weapons are completely unstoppable.
After completing the campaign in Borderlands, my Siren was a wrecking machine. Firefly build. I had so much fun in this game solo. The boss fights were always intense. I also had fun playing this CO-OP with a friend (split screen) as well although it can get a little annoying using half the screen, at least the option is there...extremely rare these days on console games.

I also played this a bit again about a month ago on the PS3 after grabbing the GOTY version off the newsgroups (360 controller better for Borderlands). This game is full of win.

Borderlands 2 would be a zero day purchase for me.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've put a ton of time into this game, and still play it once in a while to try and get a pearlescent weapon off crawmerax. My siren has all the best non pearlescent weapons and is an absolute wrecking ball. I far out damage my friends that are soldier and hunter.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm only level 42... reading the word "pearlescent" makes me want to play again.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:I've put a ton of time into this game, and still play it once in a while to try and get a pearlescent weapon off crawmerax. My siren has all the best non pearlescent weapons and is an absolute wrecking ball. I far out damage my friends that are soldier and hunter.

Your friends need better gear! My soldier can outdamage my best siren loadout in most spots. The Ogre I have on my soldier right now was actually came in as the 3rd best that anyone had found....and those things rape in every situation.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:I'm only level 42... reading the word "pearlescent" makes me want to play again.
Yeah.. They are absurdly rare. I've killed Crawmerax probably 150 times, and done the General Knoxx thing like 10 times, and haven't seen a single one.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Leonaerd wrote:I'm only level 42... reading the word "pearlescent" makes me want to play again.
Yeah.. They are absurdly rare. I've killed Crawmerax probably 150 times, and done the General Knoxx thing like 10 times, and haven't seen a single one.
Last I heard was that they only drop with 2-3 in a group. I also killed Crawmerax (solo with a exploit spot.. no shame in that!) lots of times and found zero. That's pretty much when I stopped playing since there wasn't really anything left to do in the game.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Last I heard was that they only drop with 2-3 in a group. I also killed Crawmerax (solo with a exploit spot.. no shame in that!) lots of times and found zero. That's pretty much when I stopped playing since there wasn't really anything left to do in the game.
I hadn't heard that, I'd heard people say they got them solo too. However, I suppose I killed him with friends (two of us with rare loot drop mods on) probably 25-35 times too, and nothing. Yeah, the only other thing I have to do is the achievements for the long arena fights... but they are nearly impossible solo and it's tough to get a couple other people that want to sit down and play that game without being able to pause for 5-6 hours straight. Three times.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The only solo ones I had heard were from the armory run. Where you glitch it and you can keep doing it. Sounds like too much hassle for me. I killed Crawmerax solo at least 50 times (and a bunch with another character sitting below.. Yay 2 controllers) and got zero so figured it was time to move on to another game. I heard they might have patched that spot out. I hope not that's the only thing that kept me playing as long as I did.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:The only solo ones I had heard were from the armory run. Where you glitch it and you can keep doing it. Sounds like too much hassle for me. I killed Crawmerax solo at least 50 times (and a bunch with another character sitting below.. Yay 2 controllers) and got zero so figured it was time to move on to another game. I heard they might have patched that spot out. I hope not that's the only thing that kept me playing as long as I did.
Yeah, if I couldn't use that ledge to kill him I never would have bothered to kill him after the first time. Far too much of a pain in the ass to be enjoyable.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

They definitely did not patch that spot out. They did patch the Vengeance guns so you can no longer shoot through shields merely by having them equipped in any slot. The rumor about needing 2-3 people for pearlescents is false as well. I have gotten them doing solo runs and the guy I generally play with has gotten several from solo runs. I think we are missing 4-5 total drops now to have the complete set. Frankly the pearlescents are not all that. If you have a siren, you will end up using a Hellfire or a purple Stinger even after you find the Tsunami. Personally, I use a ridiculously fast and hard hitting stinger on my siren over the hellfires.

You definitely could do the arena solo and it probably is easier than with help. Have one good Hellfire, one good Pestilent Defiler, one good Double Anarchy, and whatever else floats your boat in the 4th slot. Run a Mercenary mod and a an alacritous healing shield. Run the Hellfire most of the time....put a few shots in everything and switch to new targets. Swap in the Defiler if you have Badass Lances or other armored up clowns and do the same as the acid melts them. When the horde wave hits, use the anarchy. I have done the 5 rounders in under an hour solo several times and a 20 rounder once or twice when I was extremely bored.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh yea....General Knoxx's Farmory is actually stupidly simple. There is just one room you don't go into and you basically just kill Knoxx straight up and you can fall through a spot to loot the whole place. You can also get the pearls off of random drops like Badasses and Skyscraper....but so far I have not seen that happen.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:They definitely did not patch that spot out. They did patch the Vengeance guns so you can no longer shoot through shields merely by having them equipped in any slot. The rumor about needing 2-3 people for pearlescents is false as well. I have gotten them doing solo runs and the guy I generally play with has gotten several from solo runs. I think we are missing 4-5 total drops now to have the complete set. Frankly the pearlescents are not all that. If you have a siren, you will end up using a Hellfire or a purple Stinger even after you find the Tsunami. Personally, I use a ridiculously fast and hard hitting stinger on my siren over the hellfires.

You definitely could do the arena solo and it probably is easier than with help. Have one good Hellfire, one good Pestilent Defiler, one good Double Anarchy, and whatever else floats your boat in the 4th slot. Run a Mercenary mod and a an alacritous healing shield. Run the Hellfire most of the time....put a few shots in everything and switch to new targets. Swap in the Defiler if you have Badass Lances or other armored up clowns and do the same as the acid melts them. When the horde wave hits, use the anarchy. I have done the 5 rounders in under an hour solo several times and a 20 rounder once or twice when I was extremely bored.
I didn't really have any problem until the protector/alien things came out, and the one that sat up on top and launched mortars at me killed me before I could even get a shot at him.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The arch guardians suck. If you sit back on them you will probably die. Get up on them and pound them with a double anarchy. If there is a ton of garbage between you and them, use some of the higher cover that they can't lob their shots over and clear it out with the Hellfire, then run up and abuse them up close.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

from kotaku:
Eurogamer is reporting that a source close to the game has confirmed that Borderlands 2 is in development and that an announcement from publisher 2K Games is coming soon. We're checking with 2K and will update you with any news.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Steam has GOTY edition on for $7.50 again this weekend.
4 pack is $22.50
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

hah, I didn't realize how long this had been out. I've had the GOTY version sitting on Steam for a while now, and I have only recently started playing it again. Fun shooter, but haven't really explored too much. I'm only at level 15, and I stumbled into the zombie dlc before bed last night.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I still put it in every once in awhile and plug away at it. I'm in my 20's I think. I completed the zombie DLC first, and I 'm back to the main game again. Such a fun game. I will not be buying the sequel until I finish the first one.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Boogahz wrote:hah, I didn't realize how long this had been out. I've had the GOTY version sitting on Steam for a while now, and I have only recently started playing it again. Fun shooter, but haven't really explored too much. I'm only at level 15, and I stumbled into the zombie dlc before bed last night.
I'm always up for some Borderlands.
I can even run you through some of the higher level stuff if you want.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'd dust off my 360 to play some VV-infused Borderlands. :D
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Leonaerd wrote:I'd dust off my 360 to play some VV-infused Borderlands. :D
I deleted it off my PS3 and only play PC version anymore.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Me and a couple friends used to play it a lot, but I haven't in a while. I think I still have a few of the arena achievements to get, but I'm a max level siren with all the best shit you can get, aside pearlescent weapons.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've got the PC version as well. Great game. Played mostly solo though.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:Me and a couple friends used to play it a lot, but I haven't in a while. I think I still have a few of the arena achievements to get, but I'm a max level siren with all the best shit you can get, aside pearlescent weapons.

the pearlescents mostly suck. I believe I have finally seen everything drop now but one gun. If you have legit guns, I am betting I can show you legit drops that would make your eyes bug out...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I just wanted one to have one. I dunno, I killed crawmerax like 150 times and about 50 kills in I stopped seeing any upgrades.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

dat chest
[Show]
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Got my pre-order in!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I played this when I crashed at my friends house a couple months ago after a cert exam, had never heard of it before. Had a fucking blast. I was also drunk as fuck, but I'm buying 2 on the assumption that it's at least a little fun sober.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Seems an appropriate place to put this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLmU-6wSSPI

Yeah, the second one may be mildly entertaining. For a bit...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zamtuk wrote:Seems an appropriate place to put this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLmU-6wSSPI

Yeah, the second one may be mildly entertaining. For a bit...

That's awesome. The game looks great. I may pre-order if that included mecha character class is going to cost to download later. I'm not really interested in the gun-pack as the fun of the game is finding the guns. Who the hell wants them given to you?

It looks like the original 4 characters will be in the game but not playable?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm George Zimmerman, founder and ceo of mens warehouse. I'll be playing the ever loving shit out of this game for quite some time. I guarantee it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'll wait for the Game of the Year edition to hit $20. The first was alright but nothing I would have paid full price for. I'm sure pretty much the same goes for the second one.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Borderlands is going to be doing the Diablo thing much, much better.
Gearbox Software has big plans for Borderlands 2, ones that will help the game remain popular years after launch. Gearbox has recently unveiled the "Badass system" for Borderlands 2, which is a "character-wide progression system with an infinite number of levels." Playing Borderlands 2 will add levels to your Badass rank, which is linked to your game profile. Your Badass rank will apply to all of your characters so you do not have to worry about having to reacquire more when you want to switch. The game randomly picks a set of statistics when you redeem a Badass token, and then you pick the statistic to increase. Gearbox is not revealing any details on how the statistics are picked just yet, so we will have to wait closer to Borderlands 2's launch to know for sure.
link
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Eh. I think I'm more excited about Torchlight 2 than I about about Borderlands 2. Or I was about Diablo 3.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Just picked this up on Steam. Fun game! Sequel will be cool I am sure.
en kærlighed småkager
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Ahhh Borderlands is the best. Enjoy :D
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

All the other Borderlands threads apparently got nuked :(

Tales from the Borderlands is coming back with a new game later this year
Yay!
The new entry will be developed by Gearbox and include new stories and characters
Awww. I can't see it being as good as the first one done by TellTale

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I might check that out - I liked the first one. Borderlands games aren't really my thing anymore - I just can't get into open world checklist type games, but a more story driven thing like this is always cool.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

BL2 is still the best core Borderlands game. I wanted to like BL3 but the antagonist characters sucked although I have been getting an itch to play it again and maybe work on the Platinum. I'd have to see how far away from that I am though.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands has been getting pretty good reviews. But that's one I'll wait for a $20 all-DLC version. I learned my lesson on preordering Borderlands games with BL3.

Unfortunately TTW still uses the same clunky UI. For BL4 they really need a whole revamp of the UI and inventory management system because I don't think they can get away with using the same thing they've been using since BL1.

--