The Official Xbox Series X thread

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official Xbox Series X thread

Post by Aslanna »

“While ray tracing will be available as a downloadable title update on Xbox Series X, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will not support ray tracing on Xbox Series S,” an official statement yesterday on the Devil May Cry Twitter account reads.

This contradicts a Capcom press release from September 16, which said the Xbox Series S would receive ray tracing through a similar title update as the Xbox Series X. Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition on PlayStation 5 will support the high-end lighting technique without a separate update.
More proof that the S is gimped and shouldn't be considered "next gen". Smart marketing by Microsoft for sure but still disappointing at best and downright shady at the other end of the scale.

Save $100 more and buy the PS5 Digital or $200 more for the PS5 or Xbox Series X if you want a true Next Gen console.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What about poor people that don't want to buy Switch and even though won't get same graphics quality will get to at least play the same games. Combined with Game Pass and rent to own, it's a great deal for the less fortunate.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you're not poor enough to buy a $300 gimped console you can surely save a bit longer and spend more $100 on an actual Next Gen console.

But hey thanks to the Trump Tax Cuts everyone should be able to afford a new console.. Right?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: October 27, 2020, 9:08 pm If you're not poor enough to buy a $300 gimped console you can surely save a bit longer and spend more $100 on an actual Next Gen console.

But hey thanks to the Trump Tax Cuts everyone should be able to afford a new console.. Right?
Pelosi is holding up the second wave of stimulus checks!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/28/ ... -x-fridge/

Microsoft made an Xbox Series X fridge. Imagine how ugly a PS5 Fridge would be!
Xbox surprised music and gaming legend Snoop Dogg for his birthday with a custom cake and delivery of the world’s first-ever, fastest, most powerful Xbox Series X Fridge.

One lucky fan will have the chance to power their dreams and win their very own Xbox Series X Fridge (birthday cake and other contents not included), by simply retweeting the Xbox sweepstakes tweet from October 28 through November 4.

Complete with the latest next-gen cooling technology and inspired by one of the internet’s favorite console memes, the fridge is a 1:1 scale replica of the Xbox Series X, standing over 6 feet tall and weighing in at 400 pounds.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wow, look how shit they designed these xboxes.. Can't even load a disc! I'm sure they will red ring a few months from now. Or not since that green light at the top is only paint. Hahah how fucking cheap, Microsoft.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/11/11/2156 ... -microsoft

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

https://www.polygon.com/2020/11/10/2155 ... ft-support

Holy shit. 300,000+ servers and they can't even keep their network up. Good job, Microsoft!

What a joke... I got my new PS5 today and no issues getting online.

PS: The Series S is garbo. Do not buy that under any circumstances. Microsoft should be ashamed they released that and called it "Next-Gen". It's sad that some peopel will fall for what is simply a marketing ploy to get people to waste $300 of their hard-earned dollars.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Wow. This place is still running huh?

I got into a day one Series X through All Access and when I traded in my previous gen consoles ended up within about 75$ cdn from a Digital PS5 so I had em put me on that list and waiting for their stock to come in.

All and all, Next (current now?) Gen is pretty slick.

I just wish my entertainment console was high enough vertically to accommodate these consoles in that orientation.

How are you folks doing?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Hi! Doing well!

I hope you enjoy your new purchase. I think the Series X is fine. If you had gotten the S I would have questioned your mental stability.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Hey Dude! Living the dream over here. Good to hear from you - I think a decent number of people lurk, and a few people post on rare occasion. For the most part though it's me, Aslanna, and he whose name I won't speak.

Have fun with the Xbox! I intend to pick up a PS5 eventually, probably not an Xbox though - I'll likely build a computer again down the road and just play any of their games on that.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The DS5 doesn't seem all that larger than the DS4 to me although I guess the hand grip area is beefier. But I don't have a problem with either of them.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Xbox Live Gold now $120 a year. So if you see any of those 12 month cards for $60 might want to get a few since they are going away (if they haven't already). You'll only be able to buy 1/3/6 months for $11/$30/$60.

Obviously they are trying to push people to Game Pass Ultimate. Which is even more at $180 a year.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Game Pass is a great deal. It makes sense that they'd be promoting that.

Ultimately a gaming service will win as consoles are on their way out. Microsoft seems to have been focused on this idea for quite some time. They own the servers that Sony Playstation uses.

Seems like it will be something like Microsoft vs Amazon vs Google with Sony merging or licensing their stuff to one of the three big hosters. Those three have the servers and support and way way way more money than Sony. Maybe Sony will merge with Nintendo since Japanese companies are pretty loyal to their own country.

As a refresher:

In an unlikely turn of events, Microsoft and Sony announced today that they are to tackle the future of entertainment. The companies are planning to work together to build future cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure that will support gaming and content streaming. Sony will also use Microsoft data centers for its existing game and streaming platforms. The agreement could open up the possibility of cross-play in the future, despite previous reluctance between the competing firms.

The partnership effectively allows Sony to tap Microsoft's technology to help with areas that the company has struggled with. Sony has taken heat for years over slow download speeds, something that typically hasn't plagued Xbox owners. Using Azure data centers and eventually moving over to Microsoft's cloud solutions should allow Sony to focus on its own platform rather than trying to solve technical issues. Sony will also tap Microsoft's artificial intelligence services to improve the user interface in its products.

So what does Microsoft get out of the deal? Aside from adding a major customer to its already very profitable cloud business, the company will gain access to Sony's image sensors, which it plans to use to create "new intelligent image sensor solutions." The companies appear primarily focused on how to improve the functionality of the sensors for enterprise customers, though consumer solutions -- an improved Kinect-style system, for instance -- are also possible.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Xbox Live Gold price hike reversed, service to no longer be required for free-to-play games
lol

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hey a company that listens to its customers!
Following widespread customer backlash, Microsoft released a statement walking back its Friday morning announcement of sweeping price increases for the Xbox Live Gold subscription service.

According to the details outlined in this morning’s announcement, the minimum yearly cost of Xbox Live Gold would have soared from $60 to $120. But at 11:52 p.m. ET, Microsoft posted an update to its announcement in which it appeared to reverse course.

“We messed up today and you were right to let us know,” the update read. “Connecting and playing with friends is a vital part of gaming and we failed to meet the expectations of players who count on it every day. As a result, we have decided not to change Xbox Live Gold pricing.”

In addition, the statement announced that, reversing years of precedent, access to free-to-play games would no longer require an active subscription to Xbox Live Gold. The company will be working to implement that change in the coming months.

An active Xbox Live Gold subscription is required to play online games on Xbox consoles, and also unlocks monthly “Games With Gold” that can be played while the Xbox Live subscription remains active. And, until just now, access to free-to-play games.

The updated statement closed with some numbers.

“If you are an Xbox Live Gold member already, you stay at your current price for renewal. New and existing members can continue to enjoy Xbox Live Gold for the same prices they pay today. In the US, $9.99 for 1-month, $24.99 for 3-months, $39.99 for 6-months and $59.99 for retail 12-months.”
That's awesome. Microsoft getting it right and even making additional positive changes.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I wouldn't call it "listening to your customers" as it's more like stopping a PR fiasco. Every media site I saw reported this story as bad. Nobody said it was a good thing. Doubling the price yet still offering the same bare-bones service was terrible no matter how you looked at it.

Free to play games on PlayStation never required PS+ to play them online. So good job finally getting with the times.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 23, 2021, 12:02 pm I wouldn't call it "listening to your customers" as it's more like stopping a PR fiasco. Every media site I saw reported this story as bad. Nobody said it was a good thing. Doubling the price yet still offering the same bare-bones service was terrible no matter how you looked at it.

Free to play games on PlayStation never required PS+ to play them online. So good job finally getting with the times.
Depending on how deep you want to analyze things, it may have been a strategy designed to cause Sony issues if they had plans to raise their PS+ annual fees. (you're welcome!) The goal still being ultimately to get people over to XBox Game Pass.

"One does not simply double a subscription fee" I'm sure there was more behind it.

As with everything else, movies, tv shows, music, things are moving toward subscription models. Ultimately, I'm sure most people would like to be able to buy a box (pc/console) and be able to use it to subscribe to whatever they choose (just like movies, music, etc already have in place). You could still buy the controller of your choice (if you like your thumbs jammed close together etc).

The excitement for new consoles isn't there anymore. They are just pieces of hardware that play games a little faster or higher resolution but mostly weaker than PCs almost right at their release. As with digital downloads in the past, Microsoft is ahead of the game and already offers it's games on both PC and Xbox while Sony is still trying to sell consoles and make their games Playstation only.

For the consumer, the subscription model is great. You pay the same price as a game or two and can play everything all year. Or, even better, if you're a casual gamer, you don't even pay that as you can pay for a month or two whenever a game is released that you like then cancel your sub which is very easy to do on Game Pass. So you save money from buying a console by using your PC and save money on games by subbing/unsubbing for games you want to play, but even with a constant subscription it's a good deal.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 25, 2021, 10:45 amDepending on how deep you want to analyze things, it may have been a strategy designed to cause Sony issues if they had plans to raise their PS+ annual fees.

If anyone believes that they are the sort of idiot that believes QAnon conspiracy theories. Then again, you haven't stated what you think about QAnon so I wouldn't be surprised if you were waiting on "The Storm" to happen last week. Spoiler: It didn't.

Yeah.. It was a clever ruse for them to take a PR hit AND give XBL Gold members even more than they had before once they reversed it. Great strategy, Microsoft!

The only strategy here was a) force people to go to Game Pass or b) gouge their existing XBL Gold members. That is as deep as you need to analyze this. Microsoft is a corporation. Here's another spoiler: They don't give a shit about you. They just want your money. Just like every other corporation out there (including Sony).

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 25, 2021, 10:34 pm Then again, you haven't stated what you think about QAnon so I wouldn't be surprised if you were waiting on "The Storm" to happen last week. Spoiler: It didn't.
I was a bit out of it when I wrote that last post yesterday.

As for QAnon, they are a bunch of morons. They are the violent version of the white middle aged female protesting with BLM. I believe QAnon has already been designated as a terrorist group. BLM should be next.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft is continuing to attract people to its Xbox Game Pass service. The “Netflix for video games” service now has 18 million subscribers, up from the 15 million previously reported in September. Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that offers access to a growing selection of more than 100 Xbox games for $9.99 per month.

Microsoft has been pushing Xbox Game Pass for more than a year now, and it’s clear the company is heavily invested in its future. Bungie’s Destiny 2 title appeared on Xbox Game Pass late last year, and Control is also available on the service for both Xbox and PC.

On an earnings call today, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella also revealed that Xbox Live has more than 100 million monthly active users. Nadella also said the launch of the Xbox Series X and S was the most successful in Microsoft’s history, with “the most devices ever sold in a launch month.”

Microsoft also appears to be focused on studio acquisitions to bolster the content available on Game Pass. Microsoft’s ZeniMax Media acquisition, the parent company of Doom and Fallout studio Bethesda Softworks, is a big deal that will boost Xbox Game Pass in the future.
FTW! Now lets get that Game Pass up to 100M subs.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony expects Call of Duty to remain multi-platform after Microsoft spent 68 Billion to buy Activision/Blizzard. That's so cute!

Thankfully Microsoft makes GamePass affordable and well worth it. As always, playable on the best platform of them all, the PC.

Activision/Blizzard, CoD, Overwatch, Diablo
Zanimax/Bethesda, Skyrim, Fallout, Starfield

Paid in cash. Microsoft loaded.

Before stating "I don't play those games", no one cares what you play or what I play, all that matters is the bigger total picture of gamers, not personal preference.

I find it interesting that Microsoft is getting serious about gaming. It's a small percentage of their revenue. A year ago Game Pass had 15 million subs, now they have 30 million. Sony stock dropped 12% the day after the acquisition.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:24 amno one cares what you play or what I play, all that matters is the bigger total picture of gamers
The big picture for gamers as a whole is bad. You might think otherwise but "Gamers" encompasses all platforms.

But I am sure you will accuse me of bias even though I would say they same thing if Sony bought them.

Good for MS. Bad for the gaming industry as a whole.

You can debate that if you want, because of course you will, but it won't change my opinion.

And good job misinterpreting the quote in your usual fashion. Do you have reading comprehension issues or do you just think people who read your shit are stupid?

“We expect that Microsoft will abide by contractual agreements and continue to ensure Activision games are multiplatform”

If it's written in a contract it's going to stay so nothing about that statement is false. Of course going forward on games not covered by those agreements is a totally different story.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 20, 2022, 1:13 pm Good for MS. Bad for the gaming industry as a whole.

You can debate that if you want, because of course you will, but it won't change my opinion.
I'll debate it. It's good for gamers. Microsoft has a very reasonably priced Game Pass that has same day availability of AAA titles that's available on both Xbox as well as PC as well as iPhone/iPad.

It's better for gamers. The only loser in this is Sony.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

This isn't good for consumers, objectively.

Not everyone wants to game on their phone/ipad, and a lot of people don't have the money for a second console or a pc (myself included). So this further limits what games people have access to, which isn't a good thing unless you're just being a fanboy.

I have a Playstation, I prefer that console and their exclusives. That said, this industry needs to go for less exclusives, not more.

Regarding GamePass - I have two points here. First is, GamePass is not for everyone. It doesn't appeal to me in any way - I tend to take a lot of time to work through a game, so having basically a month free trial to start playing it before it goes off GamePass and I have to buy it anyhow means I'd rather just buy the game and play it when I get to it. I'm also not the type of person that would play a game that I wouldn't otherwise buy outright because it's on GamePass - I don't have enough time to play the games that I actually want to play anyhow.

Most importantly though - anyone that thinks that the current model of GamePass is going to go on indefinitely is naive. Microsoft and its first party titles are one thing, but there is no way that the other developers/publishers whose games are going up on GamePass aren't losing money on this model. At the least, once adoption of the service hits a certain metric, I am willing to bet they increase the price of it significantly. Either that or the selection of games outside of Microsoft's first party titles will dwindle at some point.

Maybe most importantly - if we get to a point where every developer and publisher is absorbed by either MS/Sony/Google/Amazon, you can't honestly think that the quality and variety of games isn't going to suffer. Competition is a good thing, and that is being chipped away at slowly but surely.

Personally, if we keep moving towards more and more exclusives, more microtransactions, NFTs in gaming, etc - I will just bow out of gaming because I'm in it to have fun, not pour more of my time and money into these giant corporate machines so that they can fuck me as efficiently as possible.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You can still buy games for 60.00 if for some reason you wanted to. Some games have left Game Pass but that's not the norm and they don't leave after a month. You'd have to pay $9.99 instead of FREE. Anyone complaining about not being able to finish bucketloads of AAA titles for FREE in a month is a little out of touch when you could have 6 months for the price of a single game or if you budget 2 games a year, you have paid for Game Pass an entire year non stop but even better is if you aren't playing, there's no contract, easy cancel, easy start back up. So you could pay for those 2 games a year or you might only game half the year buy still play multiple AAA titles for less than you would for a single game.

As with music, as with movies/tv, games are now subscription or at minimum digital purchases. No one except Aslanna wants a boxed game like an old CD or cassette to stick on a shelf. I own many games on steam and some on other platforms. I dont' care one bit that a box isn't wasting space somewhere in my home, and how often do you return to games anyway to replay them? Probably less often than rewatching favorite movies and all of those are on my hard drives anyway.

Sony plays the same game as Microsoft with exclusives and buying companies to add to their exclusives, they just don't have the bank Microsoft does so their exclusive tactics are going to backfire on them as they'll be out "exclusived" at some point soon.

Most of us are getting up in age so 1 exclusive a year from Sony might be all you need as long as you like one of like three franchises they have.

Hardware matters less and less with quality streaming options coming online.

I don't necessarily want to see Sony squashed but they are fighting a losing battle vs Microsoft that earned zero revenue from gaming and still raked in 46 billion in revenue last quarter. 68 billion for Activision is a pure cash buy and it will take them about 4.5 months to make that money back as a company even if they gained zero out of the deal. I doubt that's going to be the case with the 400 million worldwide users of Blizzard's games.

I've always hated the smugness of Sony. Hated their controller, removing haptic feedback from their controller claiming their players didnt want it when it was really because they didnt want to pay the royalties and had to add it back anyway, the way they did everything in their power to stop cross play and still make it a pain in the ass, were morons for years on changing user names etc with crappy online services. Microsoft will probably keep CoD multiplatform because it benefits them to do so but Sony can go fuck themselves when it comes to complaining about exclusives. As always, Microsoft knows the money is in software/services not hardware, that's how they've made their money...Windows, the cloud services, game pass, Office 360, etc etc.

Microsoft is a juggernaut, this is their 2021 4th Quarter report:
· Revenue was $46.2 billion and increased 21%

· Operating income was $19.1 billion and increased 42%

· Net income was $16.5 billion and increased 47%

· Diluted earnings per share was $2.17 and increased 49%

Microsoft returned $10.4 billion to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and dividends in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2021, an increase of 16% compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2020.
They are crushing it and they still lost money in Xbox Content/Services (down 4%). Microsoft is way outspending Sony in an area that still doesn't make them money but they can do it. If Japanese companies could be bought, Sony's market cap would have been a joke a few years back to buy them. Their market cap is 140 billion now. That's about how much cash Microsoft had on hand prior to the activision purchase. 68 billion is half of Sony's entire Marketcap while it's only half of the cash reserves of Microsoft's multi trillion dollar cap.

Sony is hanging onto Spider-Man for dear life because that's what makes them money in movies and games. They were extremely lucky to get a few of the Marvel Characters before Disney bought Marvel...and even then, Spider-Man movies BOMBED until they made a deal with Disney/Marvel to get help making decent movies in which Disney gets part of the profits. Sony is hanging on to very few assets. Microsoft's way of thinking is great for anyone that's not a Sony fanboy.

Sony has their phone camera image sensor business to keep them afloat. Microsoft still seems to be taking its time with VR so maybe Sony can get an edge with the PSVR2. Meanwhile, Sony pays Microsoft for its cloud services while this all plays out. Microsoft makes money one way or the other.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 20, 2022, 1:20 pmI'll debate it.
It's ok. I fully expected you to. The point is I am not. Good day.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 21, 2022, 1:08 amSony plays the same game as Microsoft with exclusives and buying companies to add to their exclusives
Bullshit. What large PUBLISHERS of multi-platform games has Sony bought and made exclusive to their platform? ZERO! You could say Insomniac but a) They were a developer and b) the majority of their catalog were games for PlayStation. And the same for HouseMarque. Sony is focused on who they buy, mostly studios they have worked closely with FOR YEARS, whereas MS takes out a fucking shotgun and starts blasting.

That is the difference. If you're buying up multiplatform games just to make them exclusive to your platform at some point you're going to start looking like a bully.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 23, 2022, 7:49 pm
Winnow wrote: January 21, 2022, 1:08 amSony plays the same game as Microsoft with exclusives and buying companies to add to their exclusives
Bullshit. What large PUBLISHERS of multi-platform games has Sony bought and made exclusive to their platform? ZERO!
You conveniently omitted
they just don't have the bank Microsoft does
Sony didn't buy Activision because they can't. Reference market cap info in my previous post. It doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could. Can't blame a company for having money and using it. Shareholders don't like cash just sitting there.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Good job not addressing my point at all. But I expected nothing different from you. You claimed Sony plays the same game. I used facts (and logic) to show you how you are wrong. What do you have.. Alternative facts? I mean you do know you can't prove a hypothetical, right? It would seem not.

You suck at debating.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Activision plans to release at least the next three Call of Duty games on both Sony and Microsoft consoles, Bloomberg reports. The new report should be a sigh of relief to fans who were worried Microsoft would immediately make new Call of Duty games Xbox exclusive if its blockbuster acquisition of Activision goes through.
Lets hope Microsoft use these acquisitions to force backwards ass Sony into better crossplay support. Microsoft can only help Sony in that regard. Sony sucks so bad when it comes to updating shit like controllers for FPS games instead of platformer controller layouts etc.

Sony has too many fanboys to be going anywhere soon but a slow death is ok by me if they refuse to adjust to the times. Sony won't be around long enough for thousands of years of Sony fan inbreeding to modify human hands and wrists enough to where having two joysticks side by side on a controller is comfortable.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

In an Xbox thread you said the word "Sony" 6 times in 2 short paragraphs. Obsess much?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony has responded to Microsoft’s record-shattering deal to buy Activision Blizzard with acquisition news of its own, announcing today it plans to buy Destiny 2-maker Bungie for $3.6 billion.
OMG! Sony spending 3.6 Billion is like Microsoft spending a gajillion dollars! Sony is out of control!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Have you sought out any therapy for your insecurities? You really should because you act like a 13 year old who is beholden to their plastic box.

Also do you think $3.6 billion deals are made in 2 weeks? There's no way this was a "response" to the Activision purchase. This was in the works for months prior to being announced today. So great job on the useless quote from wherever you got it from.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 31, 2022, 7:49 pm Have you sought out any therapy for your insecurities? You really should because you act like a 13 year old who is beholden to their plastic box.

Also do you think $3.6 billion deals are made in 2 weeks? There's no way this was a "response" to the Activision purchase. This was in the works for months prior to being announced today. So great job on the useless quote from wherever you got it from.
And they just so happened to drop this news the day the Halo trailer drops? Sure it's not orchestrated...

Sony is evil, they just don't have as much money so they are evil on a smaller scale.

I thought you knew I moved on from console gaming long ago. I bought PS4 and Xbox One day one of their release and that was it. Haven't touched them or any console since maybe a month after those were released.

I'm just here to counter the Sony fans. I'd also counter any soccer moms out there if they come forward to protest a cause they know nothing about to make themselves feel better. Soccer Moms are the worst of all races/genders. Fuck them and their causes!

The only interesting thing with consoles at the moment is the PSVR2 but that's only if you're already invested in Sony, otherwise the Quest2 with PClink and whatever the Quest2's successor is would be the right choice for gaming/general VR applications until a non Facebook/Meta alternative comes along.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 31, 2022, 9:01 pmAnd they just so happened to drop this news the day the Halo trailer drops? Sure it's not orchestrated...
Yeah. They agreed to keep a multi-billion dollar secret until a trailer from another company dropped... Take a second to realize how idiotic that sounds. How did they know a trailer was going to be released? You sound like a typical Republican dumbo that falls for every conspiracy theory they hear. The Earth really isn't flat you know. But I suppose people no longer believe in coincidence.
Winnow wrote:I'm just here to counter the Sony fans.
Keep fighting the good fight I guess.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:24 am Sony expects Call of Duty to remain multi-platform after Microsoft spent 68 Billion to buy Activision/Blizzard. That's so cute!
Well don't you look like a dumbo now...

First, some commentators have asked whether we will continue to make popular content like Activision’s Call of Duty available on competing platforms like Sony’s PlayStation. The obvious concern is that Microsoft could make this title available exclusively on the Xbox console, undermining opportunities for Sony PlayStation users.

To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision. And we have committed to Sony that we will also make them available on PlayStation beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love. We are also interested in taking similar steps to support Nintendo’s successful platform. We believe this is the right thing for the industry, for gamers and for our business.
Microsoft appears to be rather concerned about this not making it through FTC scrutiny .

Source

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Whatever makes Microsoft money is that they'll do. I'd think it would be more about new IPs/Games that would be exclusive to Microsoft than existing franchises. Starfield for example from Bethesda is at least initially an PC/Xbox exclusive with no support for PS5 announced.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That's all fine and dandy but we were talking about Activision/Blizzard and Call of Duty.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

double post
Last edited by Winnow on February 14, 2022, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote: February 14, 2022, 5:05 pm
Aslanna wrote: February 14, 2022, 4:48 pm That's all fine and dandy but we were talking about Activision/Blizzard and Call of Duty.
Right, whatever new franchise Activision/Blizzard comes up with next will probably be exclusive. It's too much of a PR hit to make previous franchise games exclusive.
Starfield will be a big test. That's a huge (Elder Scrolls level) release and exclusive from a recent acquisition.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: January 20, 2022, 11:24 am Sony expects Call of Duty to remain multi-platform after Microsoft spent 68 Billion to buy Activision/Blizzard. That's so cute!
Again, not sure why you are stuck on Bethesda. You could just admit you were wrong in this instance and move on.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I really don't get why Bethesda's games are as popular as they are, honestly. Skyrim was mid at best, and certainly nothing I liked enough to go back to any of the 156 thousand times they re-released it on a TV/Ham Radio/fridge/whatever. Their games are generally buggy fucking messes, their combat is stiff and shallow, etc. Sure it's possible they've got their shit together and this won't be the case with their next round of games, but I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: February 14, 2022, 6:24 pm
Again, not sure why you are stuck on Bethesda. You could just admit you were wrong in this instance and move on.
Call of Duty will be renamed Call of Booty. Different name so can be exclusive.

I suppose Microsoft will make some money off Sony Fans since they'll get to shell out $60 for an online game they could play for $9.99 along with 100's of other games.

Same with Horizon Dawn 60.00 vs 9.99 for Starfield if you play for month or still pay less for even if you binge on it night and day for 5 months along with a bunch of other AAA titles.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You still can't admit you were wrong. Why is it so difficult to do on the internet where for the most part you are anonymous and nobody gives a shit? SAD.

Some of us think Gamepass is bad for the industry and don't have a problem buying the games we want to play. If/When Sony comes along with something similar to Gamepass I won't be subscribing to that, either.

The only other games I play are Destiny 2, not on Gamepass, and Genshin Impact which is free to play and not even on xbox. Why would I spend $120 a year on something I have zero use for?

Besides, I bought the HFW Regalla Edition for $260 so Gamepass wouldn't have helped me at all.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: February 15, 2022, 1:51 pm You still can't admit you were wrong. Why is it so difficult to do on the internet where for the most part you are anonymous and nobody gives a shit? SAD.
What was I wrong about? Sony should not expect anything after another company spends 68 billion to buy a company. I didn't say if it would or wouldn't happen. I commented on it being ridiculous for them to expect anything.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: February 15, 2022, 3:22 pm
Aslanna wrote: February 15, 2022, 1:51 pm You still can't admit you were wrong. Why is it so difficult to do on the internet where for the most part you are anonymous and nobody gives a shit? SAD.
What was I wrong about? Sony should not expect anything after another company spends 68 billion to buy a company. I didn't say if it would or wouldn't happen. I commented on it being ridiculous for them to expect anything.
You suck at gaslighting. Everyone except for yourself that is.

It's clearly obvious you were implying that Call of Duty would not be on PlayStation.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: February 19, 2022, 8:42 pm
Winnow wrote: February 15, 2022, 3:22 pm
You suck at gaslighting. Everyone except for yourself that is.

It's clearly obvious you were implying that Call of Duty would not be on PlayStation.
Try and prove that in a court off law!

My thoughts at the time and still are, Sony shouldn't be expecting anything as a competitor. Sony has a bigger market share of console gaming. That's like Steam people complaining when Epic offers exclusives on their online platform trying to compete with the dominant platform.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Over a year later and this still acquisition still hasn't been finalized. I hope it is one way or the other before too long because I'm rather tired of hearing about it every other day.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony has great lawyers. They know how to play the false victim for sure and drag things out forever. I hope it eventually bites them in the ass at some point down the road.