Presidential Candidates 2020

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Presidential Candidates 2020

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:lolz.. Nitpicking bullshit. The same party that spent YEARS on the whole Benghazi (and emails) thing... Face it, what you're seeing now was unleashed by Republicans. You reap what you sow!
The democrats are clearly demonstrating that they are unable to learn from the past! "They did it so we should too!" Not that the absolute "don't give a shit" about impeachment by the American voters really hit home with them. They let Trump get under their skin and now they are going to pay for it.

A democrat elected president in 2020 is a scary thought. Democrats are so fragmented with so many special interest groups, the republicans wouldn't even need to do anything to have legislature stagnate. That whiny little teenage angst environmentalist person of the year would do a better job as speaker of the house than Pelosi. If Hillary wasn't still around, she'd be #1 on my hate list.

The United States is a Republic, not a Democracy. Republic/Republican Democracy/Democrat. Lets keep the U.S. what it was meant to be!

If I was Trump, I'd want them to drag out this impeachment bullshit all next year. It's only helping him. Trump wanted to investigate a corrupt politician. A politician a lot of clowns might vote for in 2020. Oh the horror! Lets see...someone using power to investigate a politician who has already used his power for corruption. Where's my application for my no experience $60K/month advisory board job in a corrupt country?

What's funny is Biden wants $60K/year minimum pay for teachers. I can see his logic. "If my son can get $60K/month with zero experience in the Ukraine, our teachers deserve at least that much for an entire year!" What a fucking joke.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

(CNN)President Donald Trump couldn't have dreamed of a better scenario surrounding this week's impeachment vote than the one that will play out sometime over the next 48 hours (or so): New Jersey Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew will switch parties due to his opposition to impeachment.

Van Drew was one of only two Democrats to vote against formalizing an impeachment inquiry into Trump and, as recently as last week, made clear he planned to vote against the articles of impeachment.
Democrats are so dead-set on impeachment that it's driving moderates right out of the party. And that's a message that will resonate with his base, sure, but also potentially with a public that has grown increasingly skeptical about whether the President should be impeached and removed.

For the first time in months, those opposing impeachment and removal now slightly edge out those in support those moves, according to Real Clear Politics polling average. That average includes two national polls released Monday that show more people oppose impeachment/removal than support it.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/16/politics ... index.html

Amazingly the source is Trump hating CNN. Well that can't be good!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics ... index.html
Warning lights are flashing for Democrats as they impeach Trump

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 8:59 PM ET, Wed December 18, 201

(CNN)The House has voted to impeach President Donald Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress -- both tied to his actions around a July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky.

But there's growing evidence that the public impeachment proceedings may actually be helping Trump politically.

Take a new Gallup poll released Wednesday morning, before the House vote, which shows two things happening since House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, opened up a formal impeachment inquiry in October regarding Trump's conduct with Zelensky:

1) Trump's job approval rating has gone from 39% to 45%

2) Support for Trump's impeachment and removal has dipped from 52% to 46%.

Those results largely affirm other data out over the past week or so that suggest support for impeachment has dipped. In a CNN national poll released earlier this week, 45% said they supported the impeachment and removal of the President -- down from 50% who said the same in a mid-November CNN survey. That same poll showed opposition to impeachment/removal at 46%, up 4 points from mid-November. And a CNN "poll of polls" -- an average of all six most recent quality/credible national polling conducted between December 4 and December 15 -- showed 46% favored impeachment and removal as compared to 49% who did not.
morons

Pelosi said this impeachment must be bipartisan. It was 100% partisan. Zero Republicans voted to impeach and a few Democrats broke with their party to not impeach. What a complete joke.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Pelosi said this impeachment must be bipartisan. It was 100% partisan. Zero Republicans voted to impeach and a few Democrats broke with their party to not impeach. What a complete joke.
Yeah. The joke is that there are zero Republicans with a backbone. The problem is the joke isn't fucking funny.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

And now Pelosi is not sending the articles of Impeachment to the senate, delaying it immediately being shot down. So this drags out as long as Pelosi feels like it, wasting time. What a circus. She's making it even worse as Trumps approval numbers climb. Hope she hangs on to it through all of next year.

Hope the democrats lose the house majority. Attacking someone because you're butthurt is never better than providing a better solution for the future. Huge backfire.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The Trump administration is set to scrap protections for America's streams and wetlands, repealing Barack Obama's Waters of the United States regulation.

The move, expected Thursday, will dismantle federal protections for more than half of wetlands and hundreds of small waterways in the US.

The White House says the change will be a victory for American farmers.

But critics say the change will be destructive - part of Mr Trump's wider assault on environmental protections.

Under the new regulations, landowners and property developers will be able to pour pesticides, fertilizers and other pollutants directly into millions of miles of the nation's waterways for the first time in decades.
Clean water.. Who needs it?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Portland, Oregon (CNN)Protesters again took to the streets of Portland, Oregon, on Thursday -- the first full day of Joe Biden's presidency -- to let the Democratic establishment know they are still fighting for racial justice, some told CNN.

"We wanted to symbolize that both parties are the oppressor," said a 25-year-old protester who wished not to be identified, fearing government reprisal. "We've all experienced firsthand that police violence is police violence regardless (of which political party holds power). ... It doesn't make a difference to the person being beaten."

"For White people, maybe they feel there's time to let the administration work, but for Black and Indigenous people who have had a rope around their neck, there is no time," the protester said. "There's no justice, so there is no peace."

Come on you liberal fucks! Fix this shit! The ball's in your court now. Start dishing out those doubled welfare checks! Cut the police force in half. Lets go! chop chop! This should all be easy peasy now that we have a democrat in the white house. What's the hold up? Execute some cops. Start sending those counselors into these riots instead of cops. You can do it dims! The next four years will be glorious as the liberal masses scramble to find ways to blame Trump for everything. We'll probably still be hearing about Trump in 2024 whenever they aren't promising $10K stimulus checks to secure those votes....which later on they'll claim was a typo and it was really $10 stimulus checks or 1 free meal at McDonalds.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Ha ha. You seem to be having quite the mental breakdown already and it's only been 4 days. I eagerly anticipate the next 4 years of your frothing at the mouth.

Also, I don't know why you're going on and on about the stimulus checks. Trump is the one that wanted them to be $2k so the proposed $1400 only brings them to what Trump wanted to begin with. Why weren't you complaining about Trump when he was pushing the $2k?

That was a rhetorical question by the way so don't bother answering. You are incapable of criticizing a single thing Trump or the Republicans do. SAD.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: January 23, 2021, 12:09 pm
That was a rhetorical question by the way so don't bother answering. You are incapable of criticizing a single thing Trump or the Republicans do. SAD.
Trump was/is a buffoon but I wouldn't place that entirely on the Republicans. Trump was the result of people in general being fed up with the normal political cycle. I don't think Trump even wanted to run as a Republican but had to choose one of the two parties to have any chance of being elected.

The rest of the Republicans in office are trying to salvage the nation from Trump and from the insane liberal movement that resulted from Trump.

Democrats will get their chance eventually when someone similar to Ophrah Winfrey runs and wins based on their celebrity popularity.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Trump could have only ran as a Democrat if he knew how to be a low-key racist, like Biden and Clinton. He opened with Obama isn’t an American citizen, and continued with all Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers. Trump was openly racist—and misogynistic, sexist, anti-Semitic, transphobic, ableist, etc.—for four years as a Republican president and got more votes than any other loser in U.S. history.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

But he had the largest inauguration crowd EVER. The numbers were HUGE!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Who cares about Trump? Is anyone on this forum saying he's a great guy?

Liberals, catering to the poor and trying to stuff the country with as many new immigrants as possible will be way worse than anything Trump did. Free handouts is all people want anymore.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have to say... Republicans are criticizing Biden because he's "boring" (seriously, wtf?!) but I rather enjoy not having to worry about what crisis the former dumbass in chief would be triggering that day. It's nice having someone in there that actually seems competent rather than just stirring shit up on Twitter.

Unfortunately Facebook might allow T**** back on tomorrow. But fuck Facebook regardless.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You can be quiet and also incompetent. It doesn't mean Biden's a good president because he doesn't tweet. Boring doesn't mean they're good or getting the job done.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So then criticize those things and not that fact that's he's boring and not posting on Twitter 60 times a day. I'm not sure what's hard to understand about that.

I don't think I ever said that Biden was a "good president" or "getting the job done". However, since you brought it up, things are skewing that way so far compared to what we saw the previous four years.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow, being a life-long Republican, I'd like to get your opinion on the whole Liz Cheney thing. Does this not concern you that the majority of the GOP is going full Trump?

Not a gotcha question. It seems like there's two Republican parties now. And to think we thought the Tea Party was filled with wackos.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: May 13, 2021, 7:14 pm Winnow, being a life-long Republican, I'd like to get your opinion on the whole Liz Cheney thing. Does this not concern you that the majority of the GOP is going full Trump?

Not a gotcha question. It seems like there's two Republican parties now. And to think we thought the Tea Party was filled with wackos.
Everything about politics concerns me. Both parties and any other smaller party in between. The Democrats have a ton of their own issues right now as well.

What's with BLM taking up the cause of Hamas now? I guess they need a new reason to loot TVs.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well it was a simple question about Liz Cheney and the Republican party. Yet here you are talking about Democrats, BLM, and Hamas...

Forget I asked!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

She seems like a drama queen.

To be honest, I've pretty much ignored politics the past few months. Maybe I'll pay attention closer to the mid terms.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Typical Republican response. When they actually decide to respond to the question asked rather than just deflecting to something else totally not related to the subject that is.

Based on that it sounds like you're in the Trump camp that the election was "stolen". No surprise there.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: May 19, 2021, 6:34 pm Typical Republican response. When they actually decide to respond to the question asked rather than just deflecting to something else totally not related to the subject that is.

Based on that it sounds like you're in the Trump camp that the election was "stolen". No surprise there.
Im not in any camp. I've tuned out of politics for awhile.

On another topic, it seems hate crimes are a thing for pro democrat groups like BLM to lead the way on. With their new pro palestinian stance, they're beating up jewish people in LA.

Democrats and their voter base are every bit as fucked up as republican ones.

The biggest racists on the planet now are black people. Research the Chicago Mayer Lori Lightfoot for starters.