Presidential Candidates 2020

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Presidential Candidates 2020

Post by Winnow »

Trump will be reelected unless he's impeached! The Democrats have no one that can compete. There will be a blood bath in the democratic primaries with a large pool of candidates expected and if Hillary (lol!) actually decides to run again, it will screw things up even more.

Not a fan of Trumps but you can expect 4 more years.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Presidential Candidates 2020

Post by Aslanna »

Too soon to say but I really hope Trump is a one term president. If he would stay off Twitter and stfu about stupid shit he probably wouldn't be much worse than any other Republican. But he's a mental midget so that won't be happening.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

We'll see if any Democrat candidates emerge that are worthy. Right now I'm hearing names like Oprah Winfrey, etc. No thanks but it wouldn't surprise me considering that Trump was elected. The name of any candidate that actually has a solid platform has zero chance to gain enough name recognition to be elected so we're left with high profile losers.

At minimum we need someone that international leaders will take seriously. China and Russia are as big a threat as ever and Trump is crazy enough that they at least pay attention.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

If the Democrats can nominate someone who isn’t as unpopular as Trump, we’ll have a new president. If it’s not Bernie Sanders, it will be another capitalist who continues many of the same policies as his or her predecessors.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

If the democrats nominate a centrist Trump will win. A leftist beats Trump.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Don;t care. Vote with your heart!
Hi Xyun and Winnow :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wow, it's been a long time Gaklek! You did a great job as a guild leader back in the day : )

I remember our small group trips to Dragon Necropolis to farm armor/weapons from there when they were still rare. Good times!
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

I appreciate that Winnow! I also know it. Dealing with you asshats was not easy, trust me lol. You were a pain in my ass, but super talented. Too bad twitch wasn't around then, we'd have made some serious cash. Real Guild Members of Legion/Ixtlan/Sovereign would have cashed out with the edited drama lol.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gaklek wrote:I appreciate that Winnow! I also know it. Dealing with you asshats was not easy, trust me lol. You were a pain in my ass, but super talented. Too bad twitch wasn't around then, we'd have made some serious cash. Real Guild Members of Legion/Ixtlan/Sovereign would have cashed out with the edited drama lol.
Yeah I was a real drama queen back then : ) To your credit, you judged me based on my EQ skills which was nice. Pretty sure I was still in Celestial Tomb when we were doing some CT/Legion raids together in Sleepers Tomb. 17 years later, Aslanna would probably say I still haven't grown up, but this is the flamevault after all!

EQ was the wild west of MMORPGs before the carebears took over in the games that followed.

I lost track of the guilds I was in. All I remember is that I was in Legion when we went to the EQ Fanfaire in Vegas. I Think Thess had booted me out of CT before that (heya Thess!)

On topic, does anyone think any of these democrats have a chance in hell against Trump in 2020? I'm not pro or anti Trump but he's a lock for a second term. The DNC is way too fragmented.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Winnow wrote:
Gaklek wrote:I appreciate that Winnow! I also know it. Dealing with you asshats was not easy, trust me lol. You were a pain in my ass, but super talented. Too bad twitch wasn't around then, we'd have made some serious cash. Real Guild Members of Legion/Ixtlan/Sovereign would have cashed out with the edited drama lol.
Yeah I was a real drama queen back then : ) To your credit, you judged me based on my EQ skills which was nice. Pretty sure I was still in Celestial Tomb when we were doing some CT/Legion raids together in Sleepers Tomb. 17 years later, Aslanna would probably say I still haven't grown up, but this is the flamevault after all!

EQ was the wild west of MMORPGs before the carebears took over in the games that followed.

I lost track of the guilds I was in. All I remember is that I was in Legion when we went to the EQ Fanfaire in Vegas. I Think Thess had booted me out of CT before that (heya Thess!)

On topic, does anyone think any of these democrats have a chance in hell against Trump in 2020? I'm not pro or anti Trump but he's a lock for a second term. The DNC is way too fragmented.
Hey Winnow
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Winnow wrote:

I recognized your skills, but I was also able to keep all of you in check on the original flame vault, then on this one pretty efficiently.

As for the election, you know how I felt about social posts that made the whole look bad, so I would guess you understand how I feel about our current leadership. If he could keep his mouth shut, I might feel different, but I'm not even sure about that. And this is coming from a business owner. I hope someone can muster up something to oppose him, just not sure it's gonna happen as of yet. Everyone is so divided, it's scary.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

As Gaklek says, and I said further up, if Trump would stfu and stay off Twitter he probably wouldn't be quite so bad. But the dude is constantly stirring up shit just so he constantly stays in the news cycle. Of course the media doesn't help with their reporting on every tweet he makes.

As far as democrats go, I'm not too concerned about the large field of candidates at this time although I do think there are way more than there needs to be. It's still early days so I'll give it another year before I really pay attention. However, having said that I'm 100% certain I will vote for whichever Democrat runs against Trump. The Trump presidency has just been exhausting and I don't think I could endure it for 4 more years.

--
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Aslanna wrote:The Trump presidency has just been exhausting and I don't think I could endure it for 4 more years.

Amen
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Also: not sure if Aslanna and I have ever overtly agreed on anything ever before.

P.s. We're gonna make VV active again; watch
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

If Trump would keep his mouth shut and stop tweeting, there’d still be concentration camps. There’d still be children locked in cages and people living in overcrowded and inhumane conditions with border patrol agents causing irreparable harm. And there’d still be ICE terrorizing communities.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Of course there would. And people should certainly care and be against those things. I'm not saying Trump would be the greatest president ever if he'd just stay off Twitter. So good job on missing the point there (as usual).

But at least we'd stop hearing about the dumbass shit Trump tweeted on a daily basis.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

He wouldn’t be quite so bad if he’d just STFU and stay off Twitter, I believe is what you posted. I didn’t miss your point; I disagree with it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

The world would be a much better place without him, tweets or not.

I agree that the Democratic party is too fragmented, and in large part because Pelosi and the old guard of politics as usual Democrats are standing in the way of progress. Most of them aren't far enough left for me, I'm not looking for someone to play nice with the moderates and pander to the ignorant factory working redneck masses; I want someone that's going to come in and clean house and start to make some of the bigger fundamental changes that we need.

Unfortunately I don't think this election is soon enough for that, at the least I think some more of the old guard needs to die off first (since we don't have term limits and they'll be drooling on themselves in a pair of depends while on the floor for their last few years).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This bogus impeachment attempt is going to blow back hard in the democrats' faces. Really bad move on their part. No fucking way should you start an impeachment process unless you're damn sure you have worthwhile evidence. That Pelosi lady is a psycho. This probably clinches Trump's reelection.

Biden's son sitting on a Ukranian Energy Board making $50K a month with zero experience. hmmm, Who just starts paying a non experienced person 50K a month unless they're getting favors? Democrats are a fragmented mess.

I'm not a Trump supporter, I'd say I'm an independent at this point, but I'm really starting to despise most of the democrats. You can thank CNN for that. I've kept their homepage bookmarked simply to count the # of Trump hate articles each day. It's ridiculous. Their goal has been to sink Trump before last election and even more so after Trump owned them in his first conference and called them fake news. They've failed miserably and by trying so hard have actually become counter productive in their quest.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Just because something is negative doesn't make it a "hate article" if it's true. And I'm talking news articles and not opinion pieces because everyone has an opinion.

If he didn't do shitty things every fucking day they probably wouldn't be reported. Take for example the recent attempt to rollback the emissions rules that even the car makers are opposed to (the rollback not the rules). However that's simply because Trump hates California. He's a spiteful man with tiny hands.

PS: I don't watch or visit CNN or any other 24 hour news outlets because they are all biased in one way or another. I check Google news usually once a day and it's obvious which headlines belong to which news organizations even before looking at that. If you want a fun game try that. FOX headlines stand out like a sore thumb.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Just because something is negative doesn't make it a "hate article" if it's true. And I'm talking news articles and not opinion pieces because everyone has an opinion.
Nah, this is a campaign. Their headlines have been swamped with all Trump articles or even try to fit Trumps name into things that barely relate to him. No other news outlook even comes close. I don't think there was a single day over the past several years there wasn't an anti Trump article on CNN's home page. There are usually multiple ones, and most of them are stupid ones like "So and so things Trump is a bad man"

This is from way back in 2017
And CNN? The Harvard researchers found CNN’s Trump coverage was 93 percent negative, 7 percent positive. “Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity,” wrote the authors of the Harvard study.

Want proof? The Media Research Center did an exhaustive study on just how biased CNN has become, according to a report covering 20 hours, from 4 a.m. May 12 until midnight.

“After excluding commercials, teases and promos, our analysts found 13 hours, 27 minutes of actual news coverage, an average of just over 40 minutes per hour. Of that, a whopping 92 percent (12 hours, 19 minutes) was devoted to the Trump presidency, with a mere 68 minutes — a little more than three minutes per hour — devoted to all of the other news of the day.
They are obsessed. They've ignored most other news simply to bash Trump.
To see just how bad—and how isolated—the CNN performance has been, one need only look back to 2018. In year-over-year rating comparisons of primetime performance, you can see the massive hit CNN has taken, while its competitors fare much better. All three networks are down, but one plunged.
They've lost their grip. Thankfully it looks like most people recognize this. Even worse, they're becoming devious. Yesterday their headlines made it seem that Trump was asking for help to investigate Biden when he was really asking for help to investigate the 2016 election interference. CNN skipped over that part in the transcript.

CNN is not helping the Democrats. If anything, it's strengthening Trumps support base.

Take my own posts on VV as an example. I post about something a few times, it doesn't get you in an uproar, but when I repeat it (like dualshock Crab hands and the stupid placement of the joysticks on PS controllers!) you get upset by it. That's exactly what CNN is doing. Unlike CNN though, I don't JUST post about how lame Sony's controller joystick layout is!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Again, you can't polish a turd. Maybe the reason why it's all negative is because he's a shit president that keeps doing and saying dumb shit on a daily basis. You can't report positive news if there's nothing positive he is doing. That there is was is called FAKE NEWS and is Fox's speciality.

If anyone is obsessed around here it's you. I'm surprised your post didn't throw in a Clinton reference somewhere.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Again, you can't polish a turd. Maybe the reason why it's all negative is because he's a shit president that keeps doing and saying dumb shit on a daily basis. You can't report positive news if there's nothing positive he is doing. That there is was is called FAKE NEWS and is Fox's speciality.
It would be nice if you actually read my posts once in awhile. I just laid out why CNN has been over the top compared to all other news outlets, whether you like, dislike or are indifferent to Trump.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I don't like CNN or any of the big news outlets for the reasons mentioned above, HOWEVER... The Trump coverage is not just because people have some unjustified obsession with smearing his image. It's because his administration is objectively disassembling and damaging every institution of this country, systematically. The damage he's doing is going to take fucking years and years to fix, and it's completely unacceptable that it's allowed to continue.

It's beyond differing opinions or Democrat/Republican at this point, the world has moved on and we're leaving the xenophobic, ignorant, racist white fucking trash that makes up the majority of this country behind. Their opinions don't matter, there isn't a place in the world for their backwards bullshit anymore, but this fucking demagogue is giving these wastes of fucking resources a megaphone when we should just be culling them; it would be a good start to dealing with the world's over population issue.

Impeachment is too good for him. I'd say what I wish would happen instead but I'd probably land myself on some kind of watch list.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funk = CNN fanboy.

Did you not even read what Winnow said??!?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Funk = CNN fanboy.

Did you not even read what Winnow said??!?
Right?! I'm the fucking worst.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You need to take a step back and see the "big picture". If Trump isn't impeached, he's a lock for a 2nd term. If this phone call is all they have on him, there's no chance in hell the senate is going to vote to impeach, A 2/3 majority isn't going to happen in the Senate no matter what congress does. All this debacle is doing is strengthening Trump's base for next year's election. Hell Trump may have orchestrated this himself.

Who's going to beat him? Biden? No fucking way. So go cheer on your favorite of the 500 liberal candidates. Not going to happen.

CNN is far far worse than anything Fox ever did on the conservative side of things. CNN has a 90% news focus vendetta against being owned by Trump calling them Fake News. CNN is worthless. "Trump kicked an elderly person in the shin", "Trump made my baby cry!"...follow up article "Hillary agrees making that baby cry wasn't presidential and a disgrace to the office". And the tweets! lets make 100 more articles about the Tweets that no one but the news outlets actually read in order to pump out more headlines. And you wonder why their ratings have plummeted compared to any other news outlet? You people need to get the word out! The entire Trump hating world is going to the wrong news sites! You'd think CNN would be #1 if the Trump hate was as high as you seem to think it is.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:"Trump kicked an elderly person in the shin", "Trump made my baby cry!"
If those things were true then they are not fake news regardless of whether Trump likes it or not. You shouldn't be making babies cry!

I'll agree on reporting on every tweet. But if you think CNN are the only ones who do that you need to get out of your bubble. I wish all the news organizations would stop reporting on every fuckin tweet Trump makes.

Also, again, I don't give a shit about CNN. If the ratings are so bad why do you care what they are reporting since apparently nobody is reading/viewing it? If they are actually helping Trump then you should be all for what they are doing yet you are being super defensive. Why is that?!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There you go! A tweet from Trump today. Doesn't mean a whole lot except that Democrats probably gather together groups where they can make each other feel better while conservatives aren't afraid to spread out around the country.
Trump won 2,626 counties to Hillary Clinton's 487 in the last presidential election
Liberals tend to be over represented because they traditionally own the media. Lots of noise.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

That map represents Verizon’s 4G LTE coverage. Checkmate, liberals!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Trump won 2,626 counties to Hillary Clinton's 487 in the last presidential election
Yet Trump still lost the popular vote by MILLIONS! A fact that he still can't get over to this day.

For not being a Trump supporter (Ha! *cough*bullshit*cough*) you sure go out of your way to support that loser.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
For not being a Trump supporter (Ha! *cough*bullshit*cough*) you sure go out of your way to support that loser.
Democrats need to suck it up and focus on narrowing their candidates down to less than a billion. Impeachment is not the answer with one year before the elections. It's going to backfire. I'm not going to encourage impeachment at this point especially since I don't see the Democrats (Pelosi) as a better alternative.

As for Trump himself, last election was horrible, I hated both Hillary and Trump. Trump proved himself to be an OK president. Not a Trump "supporter" but I'll take him and his antics over the current democrat Clown Show. I mean seriously...Biden is the best they have? No thanks.

Trump really isn't a republican. The republicans hate his as well which is great. I like that he's not buddies with the FBI or CIA either. Even the military hates him. Seems like the cards are stacked against him and yet he's still the president. Impressive.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

His antics might be impressive if it wasn't an important position like.. oh I don't know.. The President of the fuckin United States. That's not the sort of place where you need the current shit show that we have.

Impeachment is the answer if he's actually committed an impeachable offense. That is how the law is supposed to work and should apply to everyone. I've been too busy to do much research on the current kerfuffle but based on what I have heard it's not a good look.

And you do know impeachment means jack shit. Clinton was impeached over a blowjob (oh, sorry, over lying about it) and he didn't go anywhere. Even if Trump did leave you're not stuck with Pelosi you're stuck with Pence. And of course that's assuming it actually made it through the Senate. Good luck with that.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pretty sure the democrats know the phone call won't get the president impeached. It's all just a political show. That's why they should stfu and maybe concentrate on presenting a united front and a solid candidate. What they are doing now is just irritating voters. This isn't going to change anyone's mind...unless it convinces former liberals that the democrats don't have a clue as to what they're doing or how to win an election.

All this impeachment stuff is doing is uncovering even worse stuff that might be tied to Biden. Not helping.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Seriously, that map isn’t accurate. This one is:
[Show]
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"Trumps foul mood leads him deeper into darkness"

"Now cattle ranchers are mad at Trump too"
A sampling of your CNN headlines for today. I noticed yesterday (from other news sources), Korea shot a missile from a sub, Hong Kong protestor was shot by police...didn't even make the front page because it was jam packed with gripping headlines like the ones above.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Why are cattle ranchers mad at Trump? I am intrigued!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Why are cattle ranchers mad at Trump? I am intrigued!
The baby Trump caused to cry from the day before caused their cattle to stampede!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bang up job in Syria, Donald! What a moron. Obviously there is nobody left in that administration that can talk sense to that man child and stop him from making boneheaded decisions.
All this impeachment stuff is doing is uncovering even worse stuff that might be tied to Biden. Not helping.
Well hey.. That hasn't happened. I wonder why? But things for Trump and his corrupt cronies (like Giuliani (what a scumbag that guy is)) aren't looking as rosy.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't know. Even on radically anti Trump CNN, the past two days have articles about Biden Jr stepping down from this position in the Ukraine, about his poor judgment. Seems like my point is accurate so far.

"I'm sorry I killed 100 people. I used poor judgment." I guess all is forgiven since he said he used poor judgement....that poor judgement was taking a job with the promise of his dad helping out the super corrupt guy in the Ukraine. Sorry...but you don't get a $50K/month job in the Ukraine with no experience just out of the blue.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

At times I have poor judgement. At times, usually every time you post here, you have poor judgment. Poor judgement isn't a crime. Poor judgement isn't illegal.

Now if you have some sort of proof those poor decisions led to criminal activity please pass that along.

On the other hand if you think Trump isn't dirty you're one delusional person.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:At times I have poor judgement. At times, usually every time you post here, you have poor judgment. Poor judgement isn't a crime. Poor judgement isn't illegal.

Now if you have some sort of proof those poor decisions led to criminal activity please pass that along.

On the other hand if you think Trump isn't dirty you're one delusional person.
Sometimes you have to connect the dots. Asking for proof when it comes to politics is a joke. It stands to reason that no one gives someone a job for $50K/month for the hell of it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sometimes you have to connect the dots. Asking for proof when it comes to politics is a joke. It stands to reason that no one gives someone a job for $50K/month for the hell of it.
So... You got nothing.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

This conversation is ridiculous. Even if there is a grain of truth to the Biden thing; there is absolutely no way you'll lead anyone with any modicum of critical thinking ability to believe that Trump brought it up because he cares about corruption - all you have to do is look at all the other corruption he's directly involved/complicit in now and over the years to see this.

This leaves the only other plausible motivation as him trying to smear a political rival in the upcoming election for his own gain, and leveraging our position with another country and his power with their leadership to do so. This is illegal and is absolutely within the boundaries of what impeachment was intended to cover. This is objective fact that has nothing to do with Winnow's opinion.

Even putting all that aside, Trump has done several other things that could get him impeached, and he's only hurting himself by the day. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few Republicans in the Senate would vote to have him removed if/when it comes to that, but just aren't saying that prior to then because our toddler in chief will fuck with them if they do. This man is trampling all over every institution in this country, fucking everyone over in varied capacity along the way; but the funniest part is his voter base is getting the worst of it, and they're too fucking ignorant/brainwashed by the "fake news" being propagated BY TRUMP and his cronies to see it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Turkey: Hey. We want to invade Syria. Beat it.

Trump: No way.

Turkey: Don't forget you have two Trump towers in Istanbul

Trump: What's the fastest way out of here?
Yet it's the Democrats that are the corrupt ones... Lock her up indeed. Trump supporters are a bunch of mindless dumb asses that will believe anything he says.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This impeachment attempt is a joke. What a complete waste of time. Hope it hurts the democrats as much as I think it will. They deserve it. Morons.

I wasn't planning to vote for Trump in 2020 but the actions of the Democrats and their crop of potential candidates certainly has me leaning that way.

Can mark this post for reference in a year, but as it stands, Trump is a shoe-in for reelection, much it part to the Democrats being a jumbled incompetent mess.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I wasn't planning to vote for Trump in 2020.
Yes you were.

But you must be happy that all this impeachment stuff has uncovered all that worse stuff that was tied to Biden! Oh, wait...

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nope, I'll probably not vote for anyone in 2020 which is the best any anti Trumper can hope for. If the candidate for the Democrats is too ridiculous (Biden/Hillary) I might vote for Trump.

What the democrats are doing right now is disgusting. Best thing they could have done would have been to focus on the 2020 election. They let their emotions get the best of them. This nitpicking impeachment bullshit is only setting up a scenario where every president goes through it. It's not like he was fucking white house interns or deleted 33,000 emails off a personal mail server used for government communications. As weak as this case is for impeachment, you can bet the republicans can find some lame ass reason to impeach the next elected democrat. Suck it up and focus on the future.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

lolz.. Nitpicking bullshit. The same party that spent YEARS on the whole Benghazi (and emails) thing... Face it, what you're seeing now was unleashed by Republicans. You reap what you sow!

--