Post by Winnow »

Week 4

Weight Tracking

Week 00: 188
Week 01: 186
Week 02: 184.0
Week 03: 181.8
Week 04: 180.4

Feeling great. Only negative I had was when I ate some Chicken Taquitos one night and then had a massive headache the entire next day. One of the benefits of Soylent's steady meals is being able to easily identify the foods that don't agree with you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Soylent 1.1

Post by Winnow »

Week 5

Weight Tracking

Week 05: 180.4

Equilibrium!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've been eating better and exercising 6 days a week. Lost 30 pounds so far this year, 14 of that's been in the last month. That's eating actual food. Just sayin'.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I've been eating better and exercising 6 days a week. Lost 30 pounds so far this year, 14 of that's been in the last month. That's eating actual food. Just sayin'.
Yeah, wright loss is just a side benefit of Soylent, not the reason I'm consuming it. Plenty of ways to lose weight including starvation. Close to zero preparation time (including meals dropped on my doorstep each month) and steady balanced meals is the important part for me. Lack of headaches, digestive issues, etc are also benefits. At 188 I already fell within the "acceptable" weight range for my body type before I started consuming Soylent. Glad to hear you're losing weight. When I briefly hit 200 a couple years back I felt like I was going to have a heart attack all the time and breathed heavy etc. Now I bounce out of bed and feel great all day long. Sleep is primarily what determines how my body feels each day.

I just solo'd a 2000 calorie Hawaiann Style Pizza yesterday so I'm not missing out on the joys of other foods. Besides continuing to feel terrific, the only other change to my body has been weight so I'm posting that as a general reference for anyone curious now or down the road.

I know these charts vary (age, frame size etc) but at 6'2" 180, I think I'm in a decent spot. My waist has gone from 36 to 34 so that's a good thing as well (except for having to buy new pants. I'm not wearing any while typing this)
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

What kind of exercise, Funk?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I do cardio 6 days a week. This generally consists of: 15-20 mile bike ride, 60-90 minutes at steep incline/high resistance on elliptical, or a 5-7 mile run outside. Then I do varied weight training stuff probably 3-4 days a week; I don't stick to any set program, just kinda mix it up. Although the last few weeks I haven't been able to do much in the lifting department because a wrist injury from my motorcycle accident resurfaced.

I'm only weighing myself every month or so, and it's been 2 weeks since I did last, I'm guessing I'll be down another 5 pounds at least by the time I weigh in again.

Then, I do smoothie/shake after my workout. I use protein powder, moringa, chia seed, fruits and vegetables (usually lime, kale, spinach, ginger, carrot, jalapeno, celery, milk, blueberries). And other then that just generally eat well and control portions.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Before/after Soylent

Weight Tracking Week 6

Week 06: 179.6

First time back in 170's in 20+ years.

4000 pizza calories in week 5 stopped my progression but I'm back to losing a little each week. It's slowing down as I approach the optimal weight for my height/body frame. (~175)

Exercise regimen:

I'm using a heavier mouse requiring me to burn more calories moving it around my desktop. I power walk to and from the bathroom to make up for the fewer trips I have to make to the can.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Weight Tracking Week 7

Week 07: 179.6

Little late, was distracted by my eye surgery. Equilibrium again! Still 179.6 closing in on week 08. It's been a great few months. Have my health/diet under control and eyes corrected to 20/15. Good times.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Weight Tracking Week 8

Week 08: 177.4

Look out below! Fully prepared to double my ice cream intake if it hits 175 as a counter balance. Still feeling great. Zero headaches since starting up with Soylent (except for couple times when I ate non Soylent food) Eating pasta dinner meals about 4 times a week.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Weight Tracking Week 9-ish

Week 09+: 179.0

Finally an up week. Ate a little more non Soylent than normal in the evenings and gaining a little weight ensued. Now that I've finally had a week were I didn't stay the same or lose weight, will see how it balances out over the next few weeks. It looks to me like the major weight loss was in the beginning and the past 45 days has been fine tuning since I'm at the weight I should be. Unscientific of course as I don't measure anything and simply consume Soylent when I feel hungry. So my first observation is when you are not consuming food that is sweet, great tasting, etc and the food satisfies your hunger, you don't over consume, even when not measuring portions.

Another month's supply of Soylent 1.4 was dropped on my doorstep yesterday. So convenient.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Week 09+: 179.0
Week 10 : 178.2
Week 11: 178.2
Week 12: 177.0

Feeling a little thin actually. Time for "project pork chop"

I seem to consume way less than the 2000 calorie Soylent meal bags each day. I consume more like barely over 1000 calories. I supplement that with Ice Cream and Pasta. I also bought some chicken strips. I just don't really feel that hungry.

The trade off? No headaches, feel great, monster time savings in food prep and consumption vs porking out on whatever you want and most likely feeling like shit often, sick days wasted due to diet and not really being sick.

As for those that like to take the time for food preparation and balancing meals constantly, the trade off is time spent on food intake, grocery shopping, and cleaning up after. Maybe factor in extra ass wipes with toilet paper as soylent gives you perfect golden logs on the firm side. I failed miserably in my toilet paper estimates when I tried to buy enough to make it to May 5, 2012 (end of the world). If I was using Soylent back then, I would have made it.

For those that don't give a "shit" about food, Soylent is a great choice. Adding up the savings in time saved alone is huge over the course of multiple years.

For those that don't take the time to balance thier meals on top of shopping for the wrong food and spending a bundle on fast food out of laziness, soylent is a great choice.

For all reasons, feeling great is something that is on the side of Soylent and only sometimes on the side of preparing your own food or eating out...most of the western world are fat fucks so I'm guessing there aren't too many excellent chefs/meal balancers out there.

Thumbs up on Soylent as at least a partial meal replacement. (+50% of total food intake)

This is a commentary, not a desire for debate. I'm not looking to convert anyone. Eat however you like! Beer and Brats (crap food in general) is the exception and not the rule for me now. Best thing about soylent is it's not some regimented diet. Consume it when you feel hungry. End of story. It doesn't stop you from eating other crap when you feel like it. You just feel like eating other crap a lot less.

As I've mentioned before, using soylent as a baseline for a week and then testing other foods is one of the best benefits I've gotten out of soylent. Since I typically only consume a single other food source, it's easy to narrow down what foods particularly make me feel like shit. For me, Ice Cream: good! Cheese Pizza: Bad!

Before soylent, it took me forever to figure out that peanut butter made me feel horrible. I thought I was close to having a heart attack for months. I bought a blood pressure thingy but my blood pressure was fine and yet I had chest pains and shortness of breath. I finally narrowed it down to peanut butter or a preservative in the type of peanut butter I was using. It takes awhile when you eat a lot of random things. Not long at all when you consume a constant (soylent) and then a bit of food you like here and there. Since you (well me at least) feel great 100% of the time on pure soylent, it's easy to detect foods that don't agree with me now.

My brother mentioned he's had some issues with food and headaches/digestion/etc. While he may not switch to Soylent, I'll bring him up a week's worth to see if it actually is diet and then can try various foods while keeping a baseline of Soylent at least short term. One note: soylent tastes like ass the first few days and only bland thereafter. Also,it takes about a week to adjust to it (probably due to getting more of some nutrients than you normally get etc, and maybe weaning off the bad ones). I had a head buzz for several days when I first started taking it. Soylent forums mostly pointed to lack of potassium and then getting hit with what you normally should have that gives the buzzed head feeling for awhile. Anyway, if you ever try it, you need to have the balls to try it for at least a week at close to 100% intake, otherwise don't bother and stick to pizza pockets. I had to choke the stuff down the first day or two.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Soylent 1.5 Has Arrived

The Soylent Team is constantly exploring options to create the most efficient and most nutritious option on the market without sacrificing taste and texture. Today we're pleased to announce the release of Soylent 1.5, the most refined version of Soylent yet. With Soylent 1.4, we focused on efficiency by removing an element that we found superfluous to simplify the preparation process. With 1.5, we have enhanced the Soylent experience by making texture and taste our primary concerns.

Alongside the debut of 1.5, we are also thrilled to announce a few changes that have already enhanced our customers’ Soylent experience - the official launch of Soylent.com and the end of our shipping delays. With its new user-friendly interface and streamlined design, our Engineering Team has made managing your account and ordering Soylent even more efficient. The extraordinary efforts of our Operations Team have also led to great strides in manufacturing and distribution, ensuring that all orders now ship within 2-3 days.

We have made this huge leap forward as a result of your unwavering support. The entire Soylent Team extends its gratitude to all our customers, without whom none of this would be possible.

Please read on for a detailed summary of the changes made in Soylent 1.5:

Improved Texture

In the past, some customers have expressed that Soylent could have a slightly undesirable texture after overnight refrigeration. In order to further improve the experience of consumption, in 1.5 we made two changes that will drastically enhance texture after refrigeration.

First, oat flour was reduced by 25 grams. Oats, and specifically the effects of water and cold temperatures on the beta-glucan fibers within oats, were the cause of the unwanted texture. Lower quantities of oats effectively mitigates any potential unpleasantness.

In conjunction with the reduction in oats, we added a small amount of two new types of emulsifiers. While 1.4 contained just xanthan gum, Soylent 1.5 now has small amounts of a fiber known as cellulose gum, as well as carrageenan (not to be confused with degraded carrageenan, a different compound).

We're happy to announce that these changes have resulted in an unparalleled consumption experience.

Changes in Carbohydrates

The reduction in oat flour has required us to make several tweaks to Soylent's carbohydrate sources.

In 1.5, the rice starch has been reduced from 31 grams to 15 grams per pouch. To offset this, potato starch was increased by 23 grams. Additionally, 15 grams of a new type of disaccharide, trehalose, have been included. To round things off, isomaltulose was increased by 5 grams and sucralose was reduced to 15 milligrams.*. In total, 1.5 has approximately 8 grams more of carbohydrates per pouch than 1.4. For a detailed breakdown of all carbohydrates, please visit the carbohydrates FAQ page28.

Changes in Powdered Oils

In this release, safflower and flaxseed oil powders were removed and replaced with canola oil powder. This new fatty acid source is supplemented with the existing high oleic sunflower oil and algal oil.

These modifications result in an even more robust fatty acid profile. Soylent 1.5 has a 94 percent increase in omega-3 fatty acids (DHA, ALA), a 92 percent increase in the omega-6 fatty acid, linoleic acid, and a 17 percent reduction in the already low saturated fat levels. Soylent still contains no significant quantity of cholesterol or trans fats. For more information on the lipids in Soylent, please visit this FAQ page26.

Slight Decrease in Sodium Chloride

In order to provide the most neutral flavor profile possible, the salt (sodium chloride) content has been reduced to 3.2 grams per pouch. This effectively reduces the total sodium content to 1,520 mg, on par with the Institute of Medicine's daily recommended intake of 1,500 mg of sodium per day.
Nice. Any improvement to the taste is a bonus. Also no more long wait times for orders. Good time to try it! I won't be getting 1.5 for a month as I'm stocked on 1.4 right now but am looking forward to see how it tastes.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Soylent 2.0 has been announced. It's liquid instead of powdered. MMMmmmm!

https://www.soylent.com/

Begins shipping mid October. Doesn't need to be refrigerated and lasts 1 year. More if refrigerated, less if stored above room temp.

Not sure what to think about this yet. It's a little more expensive that powdered Soylent but you can be even lazier. Meal prep goes from 5 minutes a day to zero minutes.

eliminates:

Grocery Shopping (Soylent delivered on doorstep, free shipping)
Travel and Time wasted Grocery Shopping
Less contact with gnarly sick people in grocery stores, wasted gas and chance for accidents driving for food
Meal Preparation
Meal Clean Up
Nutrition Balancing

I ordered what I think will be a month's worth based on how much of the Powder I use each month. I have enough Soylent 1.4 and 1.5 to last me though September. I'm still 176-177. Weight incredibly stable since I started consuming Soylent about 5 months ago.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spoke too soon on my weight. I'm so lazy when it comes to food and going to stores that I blew off getting more ice cream for a week and my weight plummeted to 174 lbs.

I rushed to the store and loaded up on ice cream and am in emergency mode, eating as much ice cream as possible to try and maintain my weight. Yum!

Really don't see any excuse for fat people. Soylent fills you up, makes you feel great, no food related headaches or digestive issues, and you lose weight since there's no desire to consume more Soylent than makes to feel full. Barring the usual "ooooh I have a thyroid condition that makes me a fat fuck" reasons, if you're serious about losing weight, try Soylent. It's easier to stuff your grill with junk food because you're underweight than the reverse...but but "I just have to have that pizza because it tastes so good"...no you don't. What you need are balanced meals that you don't over stuff yourself on.

There are lots of benefits in time and health consuming something like bland tasting Soylent while you can still eat your favorite tasting food for the enjoyment of it instead of as part of your required health food intake.

My comments are mostly directed at fat people as a public service. If you're not and enjoy time preparing food and cooking, and time wasted in grocery stores with sick screaming kids, etc, then all is well. Carry on! If you're so fat you weeze when you breath, can't see your private parts because of your gut or can't tie your shoes because you can't reach then, them maybe it's time to try something different.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:Spoke too soon on my weight. I'm so lazy when it comes to food and going to stores that I blew off getting more ice cream for a week and my weight plummeted to 174 lbs.

I rushed to the store and loaded up on ice cream and am in emergency mode, eating as much ice cream as possible to try and maintain my weight. Yum!

So I bought one of those party pales of ice cream. One Gallon of Fudge Swirl. (that's 3.78 L for you non US/UK peeps). I downed it in three days.

Weight before ice cream: 174.2

Weight after ice cream:(along with a foot long burrito and cinnamon toast crunch cereal): 174.2

WTF. Make Soylent your primary food source and you can eat anything. Besides this experiment which doesn't mean much, the key with Soylent is that you feel good and feel full so don't feel like stuffing your grill with more food after consuming enough Soylent to feel that way. I suppose my optimal weight may be a little lower since I don't think I can keep up with eating a gallon of ice cream every three days.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You do realize there's more to food than simply weight gain? While you COULD eat a gallon of ice cream every three days that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:You do realize there's more to food than simply weight gain? While you COULD eat a gallon of ice cream every three days that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so.
The Soylent in my body acts like a shield from all other foods!

The ice cream thing was an experiment.

My point is that using Soylent as your primary food source seems to work very well for health and fullness while allowing for other food intake here and there to enjoy the taste of them. As much as I like ice cream, I don't need that kind of quantity. With Soylent as a baseline, it's easy to quickly figure out what other foods make me feel crappy and eliminate them.

Posting my observations over time with Soylent. While I like it, I'm not promoting it. I choose health over taste. I do think fat people should give it a try if serious about losing weigh and not just going for the "diet of the month" to make themselves feel better that they "tried" and then went bake to stuffing cheeseburgers down their throats so fast they don't chew. That's where my emphasis on Soylent as the primary source of food comes into play as you can still enjoy the taste of those fat-ass delight foods in moderation while already feeling full with Soylent with all the nutrition. If disciplined, you could do it with any balanced, planned food with a lot more work at cooking and meal balancing...but lets face it, fat asses aren't disciplined. At 200 pounds, which really is barely overweight for my height and body frame, I felt like I was going to die each day. I don't get how these lard asses continue to be so god damned fat. Must feel absolutely horrible all of the time. It's food addiction. mmmm pizza! ...part lazy, part poor meal planning, part addiction to taste of foods...soylent takes care of the first two bad habits and allows you to still enjoy the third (taste) in moderation. Again, if you're healthy and not overweight...good for you (whoever is)...what's that? like 1% of the population? The rest are all fat-asses.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Received my Soylent 2.0 shipment yesterday. Compared to 1.3-1.5 it tastes great! It goes down easy. No more slimy aftertaste. It's what I was expecting Soylent to be. Completely neutral taste. It's a far cry from my initial gag inducing first few days of Soylent 1.3. Actually a little concerned that I might want to drink this stuff. The boxes they came in were heavy. Feel a little bad for whoever had to carry them to my door!

As you can see, I still have my food divided by days and events. The rest of the contents of this fridge will remain a mystery!

Weight stable at ~175. Feel great. Each of those bottles is 400 calories. I'll probably drink 3 a day for 1200 calories. Active people would probably drink 5 for 2000 calories. Need to squeeze in my daily ice cream fix and pasta sometimes so that will add some calories to maybe get me to 1500.

Soylent 2.0 month supply for me $200 $2.42 per bottle, $7.26/day. They dropped the price of the powder so that would be around $150/month

Being lazy as I am when it comes to food, I'll stick with the bottles. Zero prep time, zero driving to store time, zero shopping time. Auto subscription delivered to my doorstep each month.

If the Soylent producers are true to their word, the price will continue dropping. I'd say 2.0 is ready for prime time if you decide to try it out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Drank my last bottle of Soylent earlier today and my next shipment arrived today. Looks like 84 bottles/month is perfect for me.

Feeling great! I'm actually craving this Soylent stuff now. Weight maintaining 175-177 range.

Here are some interesting quotes from Rob Rhinehart the CEO of Soylent:
On nature: "People have this belief that just because something is natural it’s good. The natural state of man is ignorant, and starving, and cold."

On grocery stores: "I have not set foot in a grocery store in years. Nevermore will I bumble through endless confusing aisles like a pack-donkey searching for feed while the smell of rotting flesh fills my nostrils and fluorescent lights sear my eyeballs and sappy love songs torture my ears."

On foodies: "Everyone’s like, ‘The natural, organic way is the best.’ And it sounded a lot like fundamentalist Christianity."

On fast food: "After a week [of Soylent] advertisements for fast food looked repulsive. All I crave is Soylent."

On information: "Always know as much as possible. I think all value at some point comes from information asymmetry."

On movies: "Eating to me is a leisure activity, like going to the movies, but I don't want to go to the movies three times a day."

On drones: "We thought about doing Soylent drone delivery. Where you just hit a button on your phone and a drone comes and drops a bottle of Soylent, and you refuel."

On roles: "The food is eating us."

On farming: "Ingredients that come from agriculture, especially animal products, are very wasteful and inefficient."

On tradeoffs: "I think it's possible to use technology to make healthy food very cheaply and easily, but we'll have to give up many traditional foodstuffs like fresh fruits and veggies, which are incompatible with food processing and scale."

On needs: "You need amino acids and lipids, not milk itself. You need carbohydrates, not bread."

On pizza: "I think in the future all of our pizzas and staple meals will have a Soylent-esque nutritional make up and be designed purely for taste, texture, and appearance."

On his first Soylent trials: "I feel like the Six Million Dollar Man. My physique has noticeably improved, my skin is clearer, my teeth whiter, my hair thicker and my dandruff gone."

On value: "[Soylent] provided more value to my life than any app."

On pressed juice: "It’s kind of archaic. Look at the design. It’s meant to be rustic and natural and comfortable ... In fact, it’s pretty bad for you."

On water: "I think the best technology is the one that disappears. Water doesn’t have a lot of taste or flavor, and it’s the world’s most popular beverage."

On fossil fuel: "Food is the fossil fuel of human energy. It is an enormous market full of waste, regulation, and biased allocation with serious geo-political implications. And we’re deeply dependent on it."

On fear: "One of my fears is someone would turn down a social eating engagement to work and drink Soylent."

On resentment: "In my own life I resented the time, money, and effort, the purchase, preparation, consumption, and clean-up of food was consuming."

On the taste of Soylent: "It was delicious! I felt like I’d just had the best breakfast of my life. It tasted like a sweet, succulent, hearty meal in a glass, which is what it is, I suppose. I immediately felt full, yet energized, and started my day."

On Whole Foods: "I used to dream of one day being able to afford shopping at Whole Foods, but now it’s irrelevant to me."

On cooking stereotypes: "I for one would not miss the stereotype of the housewife in the kitchen. Providing diverse, palatable, and nutritious meals for an entire family every day must be exhausting. What if taking a night off didn’t mean unhealthy pizza or expensive take out? How wasteful society has been with its women!"

On bodies: "Hacking the body is high risk, high reward."

On salad: "I was 6 or 7 and I guess my mother was serving salad. I was looking down at a plate with these leaves on it. I could look outside and see leaves on the trees, and it just seemed a little weird. It seemed a little primitive — like something an animal would do."

On art: "I’m looking forward to the point where we don’t have to worry about hunger, or nutrition. Where people make food just because it’s beautiful — like gardening, or painting. I’m looking forward to the point where food can just be art."

On plants: "It’s just intuitive on principle, these plants are not on our side. These plants did not evolve to feed us. If they could kill us, they probably would. It’s competition."

On where he buys his food: "I buy my staple food online like a civilized person."

On algae: "I also think it’s crazy cool that some of the ingredients are made by algae rather than water-guzzling pesticide-spraying farms."

On the idea of people being too busy to cook: "Not having time to cook because you're working on your career or passion should be praised."

On the Soylent haters: "I do not understand the negativity surrounding Soylent. Perhaps some people confuse matters of taste with matters of morality. Some have their cooking and eating habits and seem to be offended that mine are different. I do not think it is unreasonable to desire to eat on my own terms."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

3 months after my last post, still drinking Soylent 2.0. Love the stuff and feel great!

I drink 2-3 bottles a day. Always for breakfast and lunch and then typically something else for dinner.

almost 11 months into my switch to Soylent.

Powered versions 1.2 though 1.5 steadily improved. Bottled 2.0 actually tastes good to me.

Here are a few thing's I'd recommend bottled Soylent for:

1. Highly recommend it for lazy people that aren't good balancing meals or don't want to deal with food preparation.

2. Anyone that is having digestive issues, unexplained headaches, etc. Going straight Soylent for a week or two can help determine if the cause is related to your diet.

3. Disaster Prep. Watching the East coast freak out over a snow storm reminds me that I typically have between 2-4 weeks of perfect meals requiring no prep that can last more than a year without refrigeration ready for consumption.

4. Travel. I personally always worry about getting sick before traveling on planes, etc. Being able to consume Soylent before travel pretty much assures me that I won't be getting food poisoning, migraines, etc in uncontrollable situations like being on a plane.

5. Weight. If you're fat it's pretty much completely your own fault. Sure metabolisms vary but bottom line is you eat too much and/or the wrong type of foods. Diets aren't a mystery. Eat less or drink an exact known quantity. Consume Soylent for your balanced meals. Leave other food to enjoy the taste in moderation.

For me personally, my Soylent experiment was a complete success and I have no plans to stop consuming Soylent any time soon. That said, I doubt many others will switch. Most people I've given samples to treat it like it's actually Soylent Green from the movie. They seem scared to even try a bottle. I will say the first week (as noted on this thread) involved some getting used to. I think that was more to do with the Powered version but still, if your body hasn't been getting enough potassium, you may feel a little light headed as your body adjusts.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Checking in! About 4 months since my last post and 14 months since initiating project Soylent. I'm still consuming Soylent and feeling good!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Closing in on 18 months with Soylent being my primary source of food.

84 bottles @ 400 calories each / month

180 lbs no exercise. (175-183 has been my Soylent weight range) My max weight pre Soylent was 199/200. Best shape of my life (age 16-24) = 170-175.

Mostly straight Soylent. Once a day or every other day I'll blend in a cup of blueberries with one of the bottles to make it a smoothie.

Pasta for dinner some nights and Ice Cream every night supplement my diet. No impact on random foods I eat when out with friends/family. I can gorge on BBQ, or whatever over a holiday/weekend and go right back to Soylent. If I get headaches/indigestion it's always traced back to another food source other than Soylent.

Anyway, will stop posting occasional status updates if I stop using Soylent. I don't foresee that happening right now.

Before posting this I clogged my toilet with another super soylent dump. Soylent poo would win awards with there were such a thing. The only drawback is the unbreakable size. In an emergency, you could probably drop your pants and pinch out a soylent log and use it as a weapon.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Apparently, people eating people is NOT good!

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/28/soy ... der-sales/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with the powder or solid bars. They need to do more testing before changing formulas.

Soylent still makes up 33,600 calories of my food consumption a month in bottled form.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

2.25 years of Soylent diet and all is well. Carry on!

I did watch a documentary recently called "What the Health" on Netflix

It discusses the corruption in the food industry with health organizations as well as pretty much how bad just about all meat and dairy products tend to be for you.

It actually caused me to quit eating so much ice cream (Cow Puss)

I highly recommend watching the show, even with a skeptical eye, it's a good watch.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Soylent has been banned in Canada.
After ruling that Soylent does not meet the requirements of a "meal replacement," the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has blocked all shipments into the country.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Also, So Delicious cookie dough ice cream is really good, and non-dairy.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I actually started to do soylent for breakfast. Its actually really good. But damn that cost....damnit it to hell!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:I actually started to do soylent for breakfast. Its actually really good. But damn that cost....damnit it to hell!
I'm still going strong with Soylent as my primary food source. I have Soylent always for Breakfast and Lunch and randomly also for dinner.

Tried the coffee soylent, didn't like it. Pure Soylent is the best choice.

I stopped drinking coffee about three weeks ago. I pop a caffeine pill in the morning (200mg) and that's it for the day. Feel better post coffee (not sure why) and don't feel any crash affects in afternoons with caffeine pills. Also seem to be sleeping better.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Interesting. Coffee premades are the only ones I buy. Different strokes.

I've actually lost a lot of weight so far, but I don't attribute that to soylent, as I'm working out 4+ times a week, and eating more natural in general. Cut out the processed stuffs. Next, its cutting out the meats. That's going to be real tough, as I truly enjoy being a carnivore, BUT, after watching that netflix film too, its pretty gross. Not enough to stop me though, for now. I've always been a fan of tofu, so I'll just have to not watch a documentary on how fucken disgusting tofu is or whatever.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote: BUT, after watching that netflix film too, its pretty gross. Not enough to stop me though, for now. I've always been a fan of tofu, so I'll just have to not watch a documentary on how fucken disgusting tofu is or whatever.
Yeah, the "What the Health" documentary is hard to ignore after watching. I still eat other foods but an incredible amount less of it. Soylent for my nutrition and other foods to enjoy the taste from time to time.

Coffee Soylent is OK, I just don't think it's worth an extra 69 cents a bottle for caffeine and I'd rather moderate my caffeine intake in pill form. I don't want to have to slug down 400 calories for my caffeine fix right away in the morning.

Nutricost Caffeine Pills, 200mg Per Serving (250 Caps) $12.95 on Amazon.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:Next, its cutting out the meats.
You don't need to cut them out as much as cut them down. You don't want to turn into Spang do you?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Aslanna wrote:
Kluden wrote:Next, its cutting out the meats.
You don't need to cut them out as much as cut them down. You don't want to turn into Spang do you?
So true, as its not going to happen where I stop eating meat. Its just too damn delicious. I've cut down for sure, and will probably just continue that path. I mean, no bacon? Come on! With that said, though, I recently moved to central PA, and let me tell you, seeing those pig farms and chicken farms does bring new perspective. Not enough to make me stop, but certainly makes cutting down a lot easier.

Now, let's say one day I do become vegetarian, I still won't post about it online, telling others how inferior they are to me, due to what I eat. Yup, not going to happen either.

edit: I did want to talk about "What the Health" a bit more. While it is a good film to review how ridiculous our government is, and how they can't be trusted when it comes to health, it was still fantastical in nature, with a lot of cherry picked interviewees, using a ton of superlatives, etc. I think they would have gotten a better response had the "doctors" on the program used the old "in moderation" tone. I will say, the one thing I took away from it, and sticks with me to this day, is that vegetables have a ton of protein in them...certain ones that is. I'm lucky enough to actually enjoy broccoli, and its jam packed with protein. So win win there.

The other thing I found hilarious about that documentary, was thinking to myself, "who the fuck goes to these 'society' websites and looks for recipes?" I know a few diabetics, and they certainly know their diet, and they certainly didn't get any ideas from the diabetes society! That was crazy to me...donation sources advertising recipes...who would have thought?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Checking in at the three year mark! All is well. I'm still consuming Soylent for breakfast and lunch and randomly sometimes for dinner as well. My weight has been stable the entire three years. + or - 2 pounds.

As for bad dietary habits, I still eat too much ice cream.

Other things of note:

I only drink coffee on the weekends and may even stop that. Not that it's bad for you, it just hasn't sit well with my head/stomach as of late. I pop a caffeine pill during the weekdays that works very well and has had zero negative impacts (headaches, stomach issues etc).

I've been taking Lion's Mane (mushroom supplement) the past few months. It may or may not be beneficial for your mind and nervous system but one thing is for sure, I've had incredible and frequent dreams since taking it so it is doing something.

I've tried to increase my sleep by around 30 minutes to 6.5 hours/night.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

5+ years later, I'm still consuming soylent for breakfast and lunch! They recently updated their formula and flavors again. I tend to stick to the original flavor though.

Outstanding digestive track record over those years!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Noticed that the Wal-Mart near me actually carried this. I took a few minutes to look into it, but I found nothing.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I found several flavors after some searching. I bought almost all of what they had in-stock of Vanilla and Strawberry. Not much of a fan of the Chocolate, or mixed-Choco flavors.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote: March 30, 2021, 9:06 pm I found several flavors after some searching. I bought almost all of what they had in-stock of Vanilla and Strawberry. Not much of a fan of the Chocolate, or mixed-Choco flavors.
I'm still consuming the Soylent for 2/3 of my meals (breakfast/lunch) and have been since 2/2015, so six years now. I've maintained my optimal weight range and (as far as I can tell) am healthy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote: March 31, 2021, 10:51 am
Boogahz wrote: March 30, 2021, 9:06 pm I found several flavors after some searching. I bought almost all of what they had in-stock of Vanilla and Strawberry. Not much of a fan of the Chocolate, or mixed-Choco flavors.
I'm still consuming the Soylent for 2/3 of my meals (breakfast/lunch) and have been since 2/2015, so six years now. I've maintained my optimal weight range and (as far as I can tell) am healthy.
RIP Boogahz : (

I hope it had nothing to do with the Soylent. I'm still drinking it after 8 years.

Edit: Wow and I guess Lions Mane for 5+ years now every night.
I've been taking Lion's Mane (mushroom supplement) the past few months. It may or may not be beneficial for your mind and nervous system but one thing is for sure, I've had incredible and frequent dreams since taking it so it is doing something.