Presidential Candidates 2016

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Like all US presidents, Eisenhower did some awful shit, but he warned us about the military-industrial complex, and was actually presidential. Everything Trump does is awful shit and he acts like a fucking child doing it.
Presidential? What good has that done any president? Times have changed. Eisenhower spent half of his time protecting his squeaky clean image. That's time Trump doesn't have to waste. America is hated by the majority of the world. At this point, who the fuck cares if our president looks "presidential"? It's too late for that. Get shit done.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:That's time Trump doesn't have to waste. America is hated by the majority of the world. At this point, who the fuck cares if our president looks "presidential"? It's too late for that. Get shit done.
Yeah. He's getting a lot of shit done spending all his time golfing and tweeting.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:That's time Trump doesn't have to waste. America is hated by the majority of the world. At this point, who the fuck cares if our president looks "presidential"? It's too late for that. Get shit done.
Yeah. He's getting a lot of shit done spending all his time golfing and tweeting.
Eisenhower banished the White House’s squirrels because they were ruining his putting green.

In the spring of 1954, the American Public Golf Association installed an outdoor putting green just steps away the Oval Office. To the dismay of Eisenhower, who was an avid golfer, the squirrels who roamed the White House grounds continually dug up the putting green to bury their acorns and walnuts. “The next time you see one of those squirrels go near my putting green, take a gun and shoot it!” he ordered his valet, Sergeant John Moaney. The Secret Service, however, wisely avoided the use of guns, and instead groundskeepers trapped the squirrels and released them into Rock Creek Park.
Next!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a bonus since you think Golfing matters:
Obama played 186 rounds of golf during his presidency through Aug. 12, according to Yahoo! News. That number that has gone up a bit since then due to additional rounds on Martha’s Vineyard.

Bush played many fewer rounds as president -- 24, mainly because he stopped in 2003, since it sent the wrong message when troops were fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Still, Obama is hardly the all-time champion in presidential golf rounds. Golf has been so popular among presidents that several golf publications have had no problem filling up the spots on 10-best lists of presidential golfers, with many worthy presidents failing to make the cut. A frequent No. 1 on those lists is John F. Kennedy, despite his debilitating case of Addison’s disease.

As for which president has played the most rounds of golf, it’s definitely not Obama. For instance, Dwight Eisenhower played almost 800 rounds during his eight-year presidency, according to a study of his daily itinerary cited in Golf Digest
800 rounds of golf!. Eisenhower...what a great president!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Here's a bonus since you think Golfing matters
It matters when you're assertion is that he's getting shit done. Think of what he could do if he didn't waste time (and taxpayer dollars) every weekend by going down to Florida. Or lying about shit on Twitter. I mean it's obvious that Trump is doing it to deflect attention away from his scandal-plagued administration but some people are too blind to see that.

Obama also wasn't complaining about how much golfing George Bush was doing while Bush was president.

Nice work ethic.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ha, that's great. Looks like golf shouldn't be the measure of how good a president is:
Another area of similarity between the two presidents is their mutual love for golf, though Obama can’t come close to matching the record-breaking 1,200 rounds of golf that Wilson played over the course of his presidency.

“Woodrow Wilson played more rounds of golf than any president in history,” Berg said.

Considering Obama has already received plenty of criticism for the amount of time he spends on the golf course, this is one “Wilsonian” quality that Berg admits Obama might be better off not emulating.
1,200 rounds of golf!

Tweeting takes a lot less time than golfing and it gets rid of CNN type news organizations that clearly have agendas. At least you get to see how Trump feels about things unedited whether you like it or not and don't get spoon fed crap from Fox, CNN, ABC, NBC, etc) Trump is an ass but at least I get to see that first hand instead of prettied up stories from your favorite news sources.

Trump is the best thing ever for anti news establishment. I can't fucking stand any of the primary news sources in the U.S.

NASA's budget has been largely untouched by the new administration besides the mission to Europa. That's all that matters.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

One fuckup after another over there in DC. Yeah that Trump guy sure was a much better choice than Clinton. Anyone who believes that is delusional. The doofus is giving out intel to Russia (ally to our enemies like Iran and North Korea!) yet the Republicans were up in arms over an email server.

And lets not forget they spent years on the pointless Benghazi goosechase looking for something to ding her on, which they failed to do, yet they are letting Trump get away with everything. Or pretending that nothing is going on.

Big bunch of hypocrites. Although it's nice to see that John McCain has finally located his spine once again. If only more Republicans could do the same. Then again those that are being critical are mainly those in danger of losing their job in 2018 otherwise I doubt they would give a shit.

Something for Winnow who only cares how he benefits financially:
Trump’s Scandals Pummel Wall Street as Stocks Slide Lower

Wall Street took a battering on Wednesday as the heightened political turmoil in Washington led many investors to seriously question whether President Donald Trump will be able to push through any real pro-business reform measures.

The Dow Jones opened 170 points lower and continued its freefall all morning, at one point shedding 289 points. By midday it settled somewhat, at a low of 20,725 — a loss of over 250 points from Tuesday's close.

It's the worst day for stocks since 2016. Financials led the sell-off, with Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, and Bank of America all down more than 2 percent.

"This is clearly Washington-driven," Michael Shaoul, chairman and CEO of Marketfield Asset Management, told CNBC. "It's a lot like 1998-99, when the market had to deal with the [Monica] Lewinsky scandal."

Seemingly unflappable until now, investors are clearly spooked that the heightened drama in Washington — including the revelation that Trump asked FBI Director James Comey to halt an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn — will swallow up the passage of Trump's promised regulatory reforms and pro-growth agenda. The promise of corporate tax reform in particular was a key factor that propelled the stock market to record highs since Trump's victory in November.

Stocks weren't the only metric impacted by the drama engulfing the White House. The dollar dropped back to pre-election levels; and the "fear" index — the CBOE Volatility Index, which measures the fragility of markets — soared by 20 percent on Wednesday, marking the largest gain in eight months.

Predictions that President Trump would be impeached hit a high of 27 percent on Wednesday, according to the online betting site PredictIt.

"An impeachment proceeding would blow the market away," Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric, told CNBC
Hold on to your hats it's going to be 4 long years of this shit.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Something for Winnow who only cares how he benefits financially:
You waited a long time for this bad day on wall street because the DJIA would need to plummet another 2,500 points to get back to the level it was when Obama left office. Could drop another 1,000+ points and would merely be a healthy correction from a HUGE gain. See above chart.

The horror! At least give it some time to get below record highs before busting out the Trump pitchforks. lol

edit: should be "Trump elected" not Obama leaves on chart.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:The horror! At least give it some time to get below record highs before busting out the Trump pitchforks.
Apologist. It's more than about the stock market your dumbo. Although that's obviously all you care about. Trump is just a colossal disaster that should never even happened in the first place. Fucking Russian puppet.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Simply shows how awful Hillary is to lose to Trump. Seriously. How fucked up do you have to be to lose to a clown like Trump? It's hilarious.

Prepare for Paul Ryan as president or someone like him if Hillary runs again (which she will). The Clintons have destroyed a generation of American lives and they're not done yet. If Trump lasts four years I doubt he'd run again.

A-PACK-O-LIPS!

Try to avoid getting your news from sites like CNN. Since Trump correctly called them out for being fake news, they have run 99% negative Trump articles on their front page (kind of like during the campaign which didn't seem to help them much) They try too hard and end up having the reverse effect on people. Can't wait to see what celebrities Hillary drags out for her 2020 campaign rallies. Weeeee!

So far pre-market futures are green for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll let us know if the DJIA drops because that will make CNN's web page in monster font while months of record prosperity seems to be ignored. (reference chart in previous post again)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Try to avoid getting your news from sites like CNN. Since Trump correctly called them out for being fake news, they have run 99% negative Trump articles on their front page (
Jesus christ you're stupid. Who said anything about CNN? I'm starting to think you're more fucked up in the head than Trump is.

Also here's a news tip for you: Just because an article is critical (or negative) of Trump doesn't mean it's fake news. Except to the gullible like you who lap up ever single one of his tweets.

What positive news can you attribute to Trump over the past 4 months? Exactly. One fuck up after another. omg I wonder why so many "negative Trump articles"!?

Try using your brain for once if that's even possible after all this time.

Oh and by the way I don't have cable. I don't get my news from CNN. And I can't remember the last time I went to their site other than to maybe follow an article someone linked. So stop acting like you know shit about everyone because you don't.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Market green today! What wonderful things did Trump do for that to happen after he was blamed for the apocalyptic drop to lower record highs? Guess we only post when the market drops!

CNN and other fake news/liberal news outlets are hanging on with their Trump news. Sad to see them try so hard after getting pwned by Trump at his first news conference.

100 desperate news organizations with their click bait articles vs a couple free tweets from Trump, and Trump wins. They must hate that a president actually uses social media because they can't control that like their own tilted stories. For good or bad, Trump gets his voice directly to the people.

I'm not pro Trump but I am most definitely anti Hillary. I do check several news sources including CNN and CNN is the most biased web site out there. They absolutely gushed over anything Hillary did and had ZERO positive articles about Trump. A news source should at least attempt to be unbiased. They didn't even bother even try.

It's amazing Trump was elected considering the overwhelming majority of news/media was in Hillary's corner. Trump still won. Hillary is god fucking awful. Horrible person. If I was religious, I'd call her evil.

I don't care what happens to Trump but I love the anguish he causes a lot of news outlets I hate.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

President Trump's charity foundation funneled $100,000 in donations meant for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital into revenue for the Trump Organization by using his son's charity, Forbes reported Tuesday.
Nice. stealing money from sick kids. Yep. Way better than Clinton.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna: Trump's destroying the stock market! (DJIA: 20606 after 372 point drop) A couple weeks later: DJIA:21136

Where's the trump love when it goes up most of the time? Obama was way the fuck down in the 18,000's. Waiting for another day where the DJIA drops more than 100 points and going to blame Trump again? Can't wait! Keep filling up on the anti Trump liberal news garbage flow. It will make it seem like a little drop is the end of the world again next time.

Perfect example of people sucking up that stream of anti Trump crap. He sucks but Hillary would have done no better than Trump in dealing with the market even with her corrupt dealings with Goldman Sachs. I'm sure the hedge funds are pissed Hillary didn't get elected.

You can be happy again when loser Hillary fucks up the democrat primaries again next election. She'll continue to destroy her party and the United States until her last corrupt dying breath. Legts see what fancy stage she builds next election. I'm sure ditz Ariana Grande will be available to sing at her rallies, hoping for a terror incident she can capitalize on.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Translation - Winnow: "I'm OK with Trump stealing money from kids with cancer as long as it benefits me in some way"

Typical Republican.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'll take a transparent corrupt politician over a backroom deal maker like Hillary. You like to keep things out of the spotlight. Out of sight, out of mind. I get it. "Everything will be peachy!" That should be Hillary's campaign slogan for 2020!

It's amazing how 100% of the articles (seriously, I haven't seen one positive article) about Trump are negative on sites like CNN. It will backfire again. They're trying way to hard after being pwn'd by Trump at his press conference. He, rightly so, hates most media outlets. I think most Americans respect that. It's the news outlets that don't get it and keep pounding away thinking they're doing something to change the world.

I don't even care if Trump gets impeached at some point. Still better than Hillary. Current politics are a joke. Trump makes perfect sense to be president. We don't need more smiling fake politicians that back stab their way to the top. Given the choice between Hillary and Trump, it will be Trump again in 2020. Better get your liberal freak buddies to get a different candidate past her in the primaries.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

It is actually very amazing how much negative press there is. Its not like they are made up (most of them are probably true, right NBC?), but the pure effort to not produce a single positive story about a politician is very funny. Its basically why I stopped watching any news channels besides bbc at this point.

I can for sure say I'm happier with Trump than I would be with Hillary...but I hate them both equally as people/politicians/president.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Maybe the reason there's no positive news is because there's been no president, or their administration, who has been such a fuckup? You can't not report news just because it might hurt their feelings or make them look bad. They are doing it to themselves.

Again, just because an article is negative does not make it untrue or 'fake'. Should news outlets should just make up "positive" news? What has Trump done in the past month that has been positive? I can't think of anything.

But maybe that's just because I've been brainwashed by all that fake news... :roll:

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Poll: Trump Would Beat Hillary Again in a Rematch, Democrats Seen as More Out of Touch

Consumers of mainstream media have been treated to a steady diet of Trump voters expressing doubts, frustrations and regrets over the myriad 'betrayals' of his early presidency. But a fresh national survey from the Washington Post and ABC News demonstrates that these cherry-picked examples represent just two percent of Trump's 2016 backers. With near unanimity, virtually every American who pulled the lever for Trump in November does not regret the decision. Indeed, the poll shows that in spite of all of the controversy, mass demonstrations, media hostility and popular culture ridicule, if the same pool of voters were to do it all over again today, Donald Trump would once again defeat Hillary Clinton
Prepare for disappointment if you libs are dumb enough to fall for Hillary's shtick again and nominate that thing.

Your choice of news outlets brainwashes you into thinking Trump is hated way more than he is.
Even if I was a bleeding heart liberal, I'd be embarrassed by CNN and other news outlet's forced attempts to pump out unbalanced anti trump news. Not surprised you think it's normal. Dumbasses bashed Trump relentlessly during the campaign and he still won and then Trump called them out in front of everyone. CNN is a joke new organization these days.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Oh, I don't think the majority of the news is fake, I'm just making a social comment on how the positive stories are not reported, or glossed over. I don't think anyone could sanely argue that the media isn't against the President. My NBC comment was on the Putin interview where they were happy to report/tweet that Putin had some sort of proof against the President, when in the interview, he clearly said that's ridiculous, and wondered why our country was so fixated on it. NBC was good enough to tweet a retraction, while leaving the original tweet up, naturally, to confuse people.

He is the President, and I refuse to just shit on the man. I'll endure his tenure, like I endured the last's, the one before him, and the ones before them. I just find it laughable that everyone hates the guy they didn't vote for...I mean...no shit! You didn't get your way, so now you're upset, that's totally understandable. But, using your job/position/company as a smear campaign just seems petty.

I'm not defending the President. Himself, and the people he hired, do/say some dome shit at times. And rightfully, they pay for it through mockery. I didn't vote for him, obviously, but I don't vote for businesses (The business of politics...two company duopoly, Dems/Repubs)

some positive things? His positive moves to me, probably aren't to the next person...and clearly aren't to the media.

edit: I'm enjoying this conversation. I've always been fascinated with politics, and how, like religion, it divides people so harshly, and makes friends into enemies. I myself prefer to play devil's advocate more often than not, so let's keep this discussion going...as I find it a lot of fun.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

how about that Comey guy?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Here is an exercise for Winnnow:

Please monitor CNN for one day and post all the 'fake' news. Please explain why it is fake. Apparently this shouldn't be an issue for you since they are like 99% fake news according to you.

Even Fox news has been posting 'negative' articles about Trump lately. How about that Cavuto guy?! Obviously he must have been brainwashed by the liberal media.

Seriously, stop just parroting the 'fake news' mantra unless you can actually prove it's fake. Until then STFU.

As far as Comey goes, I was working all day and only just got home so I have no idea what has gone on. Someone fill me in!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

100% negative news and negative slanted news is the focus here.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So in other words.. For all your crying about 'fake news' you're not able to actually come up with anything.

How about you give us a rundown of all the positive Trump news the media should have reported on in the past month? That should be easy for you.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:So in other words.. For all your crying about 'fake news' you're not able to actually come up with anything.

How about you give us a rundown of all the positive Trump news the media should have reported on in the past month? That should be easy for you.
Fake news was during the election. hello! Negative News/Slant is now.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

On Comey: I watched it live and was left with several impressions....one, this guy loves hearing himself talk. I couldn't shake the "i'm a jilted lover" feeling from him almost the whole time...and he would just never shut up. He would be asked a yes/no question, and drone on for 5 minutes about how he "feels" or "thinks" or whatever about Trump, or whomever he was attempting to throw under the bus. It was a bit farcical.

...then, admitting to leaking intelligence/investigation material to the press was priceless. I mean, plead the fifth jackass!

...then, talking about being directed to change the naming on the Clinton investigation...deflect, say that was in the past...nope, just thrown Lynch under the bus.

The dude was just venting the whole time, I feel like. he clearly doesn't trust Trump, no doubt about that.

So much came out of that testimony, for both sides of the aisle, actually. I'm pretty staunchly on the side of "Comey's testimony essentially ends a Trump impeachment trial, based off of any FBI thing."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Racist in Chief

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

100% negative news about Trump on CNN is pure comedy to me now.

Not saying Trump isn't a racist, he probably is. I do agree "both sides have some blame". if I recall, I saw a picture of some man of color using a spray can and lighter to improvise a flame thrower in one of those pictures. Let the police do their job!

Dow Jones: 22,079
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow logic:

Obama era: "The market is doing well despite Obama"
Trump era: "The market is doing well because of Trump"
When Obama assumed office, the U.S. economy was in financial turmoil. The Dow fell precipitously during the first months of his presidency, ultimately bottoming out in March 2009.

Once the stock market stabilized, it went on to experience the second-longest bull market in U.S. history, a trend that continues today. The Dow closed at about 7,949 on Inauguration Day in 2009, and about 19,732 on Obama’s last full day in office. This represents a 148 percent increase over eight years.
I would say you can't have it both ways but you're a Republican so apparently you can whenever it's convenient for you to do so.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:100% negative news about Trump on CNN is pure comedy to me now.

Not saying Trump isn't a racist, he probably is. I do agree "both sides have some blame". if I recall, I saw a picture of some man of color using a spray can and lighter to improvise a flame thrower in one of those pictures. Let the police do their job!

Dow Jones: 22,079
What job is it we should be letting the police do, taking a couple of shots at the minorities there for being black in public? Fuck that shit, drag the fucking neo nazi cunts into the town square and beat them all to death. Far as I'm concerned, the time for words with people like that, and with the police, is long fucking gone.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:100% negative news about Trump on CNN is pure comedy to me now.
What's the positive news? You can't report on things that don't exist.
Kat Timpf on Fox News: “I’m still in the phase where I’m wondering if it was actually real life. I have too much eye makeup on to start crying right now.”

Her co-anchor Guy Benson in the 5 p.m. hour added that Trump “lost me” when he said some “very fine people” participated in the white supremacist rally: “They were chanting things like, ‘Jews will not replace us.’ There’s nothing good about that.”
Even Faux News was stunned!

Please feel free to update us daily on "positive news" about Trump.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Can't we all just get along!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Donald Trump is a Nazi sympathizer.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:Please feel free to update us daily on "positive news" about Trump.
Winnow hasn't posted anything in here since then. I guess there has been no "positive news" about Trump. No shocker there.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Both the S&P an Dow Jones did better under Obama in his first 8 months in office.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama- ... 2017-08-01

Reagan -0.6%
George H.W. Bush 20.7%
Clinton 3.4%
George W. Bush -9.8%
Obama 22.6%
Trump 8.8%

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-t ... story.html
From February through May — the latest data available — the U.S. economy has created 594,000 net new jobs, according to the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s fewer than the 659,000 created during the final four months of the Obama administration, which Trump criticized for its job growth.

So far, 2017 is on track to produce the fewest net new jobs in seven years.

Although the Bureau of Labor Statistics adjusted its figures for seasonal disparities, such as the effects of holidays, weather and school schedules, some would argue that a better comparison would be February through May of 2016.

But the numbers under Trump fall short there too, as the economy added 658,000 jobs during that period.

So if there have been “great jobs numbers” under Trump, then they were even greater under President Obama.

Economists have described job growth this year as solid.

“I don’t know that they’re great in the context of the recovery, but they’re certainly more than adequate. Respectable perhaps,” Gary Schlossberg, senior economist at Wells Capital Management in San Francisco, said of the recent jobs numbers.
Also Obama's wife wasn't a seventh rate underwear model from a third world soviet satellite nation. Oh right, speaking of the Soviets. Obama wasn't put into power by Russian foreign agents who manipulated your election. Also his inauguration had like, way more people.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/0 ... els-241420

President Obama also deported more immigrants and more immigrant criminals than the Trump administration has.This isn't surprising given that Donald is intellectually ill-equipped to appoint a cabinet that is anyone other than retards, toadies and sycophants.

Given that "the stock market" is the only barometer Winnow is capable of using to judge a president, and given that he's a racist cuntwad, I assume he is now going to admit that Barack Obama so far has proven out to be a far superior president.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Hey now don't be all coming in here after 3 years with your facts and stuff. Or as Republicans like to call it: Fake news.

Speaking of Fake News... How sad is it that Republicans are still trying to make Benghazi a thing?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Oooooh Canadaaaaa, our one dry docked sub stands on guard for theeeeeee

Can't wait next to hear how great the world would have been with Hillary in office and then more misdirected Trump blaming when the shit hits the fan in NK.

She sure had a really nice election night stage! It probably cost more than Canada's annual military budget...although the Northeast looks out of whack...you know, that's where those electoral votes she thought she had in the bag are located.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Most people get wiser as they age but you just keep turning into more of a fucking moron. Three posts down from this one you'll be flinging your own feces at how well "the stock market" is doing under Trump and how many jobs he's created. You have the emotional IQ of a child and I actually feel sorry for you. Although I should feel sorry for everyone around you has to suffer your miserable presence. Jesus Christ you must be such a fucking disappointing person to everyone around you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'll sum this up in a single sentence:

Even if your country is providing 100,000 barrels of maple syrup a month to north Korea to stay on their good side in order to keep Canada afloat after your 5 minutes of third world wealth ended from the shale deposit oil boom, when the missiles come, they have just as good a shot at hitting you as they to the U.S. with those crappy guidance systems.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

MAPLE SYRUP! NORTH KOREA! UHH.. THE CANADIAN ECONOMY! IDK I AM JUST SAYING WORDS NOW AND HOPING MY ARGUMENT RULES
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's called deflection and avoidance... And it's a Republican specialty.

Of course he does it with virtually everything else that isn't something he agrees with such as MS vs Sony, Apple vs Android, etc., so maybe being a Republican is just a symptom of something else.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

***CAPS***
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Nice response.

This year has been a shitshow. I can only hope the people who continue to defend this administration are only doing it to save face and won't vote for this platform in upcoming elections. Nothing good has come from this experiment.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Republicans complain about welfare recipients (and abortion... unless of course their mistress gets pregnant then they are all for it)... Yet then take away insurance-covered birth control.

Great job, fucktards.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't hold out hope for next election. It looks like Hillary is gearing up to fuck things up for democrats yet again. Look for Hillary to take a knee at the Super Bowl!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Harvey Weinstein. Another high quality Clinton campaign donor. Can't wait to see who she trots out there for her next run!

Have a listen to this guy's smooth moves:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/10/media/h ... index.html
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Didn't she lose the election? I'm not sure the hard-on Republicans still have for Hillary 11 months after the fact.

I mean there's more than one Trump supporter (Roger Ailes... Bill O'Reilly...) who has been accused of sexual harassment. Including fuckin Donald "Pussy Grabber" Trump himself.

So really I'm not sure the point you are making. But hey what else is new. I don't think you really had one other than to deflect from the total disaster that the Trump administration has been thus far. Oh but wait your stocks are up. It can't be that bad than amirite?!

But hey let's get Pence to blow $250k of taxpayer dollars for another PR stunt. Draining that swamp for real this time!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hillary is still public enemy #1 for both Democrats (although they don't know it) and Republicans.

Even Trump would be re-elected again if she manages to win the nomination in 2020. I'd most likely vote for a democrat if it's not Hillary. (Pending a quadrupling of NASA's budget)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Where's the stock market update, Winnow?

Trump was out there tweeting about how awesome he was every time the market went up by 10 points even though it was jut continuing the trend it's been on for like the past 8 years. Now that it's dropped like 1800 points in two days, a new record by the way, Trump sure seems strangely silent.

Hey, if you're going to take credit for the positive you need to take the blame when things go the opposite way. (Note to Winnow: This is the point of my post. I know you're going to want to go off on some Sarah Palin-esque tirade about something totally unrelated so I'm just trying to help you focus.)

Here's to hoping things are better tomorrow! This just another example of Trump making himself look like a fool. Stay off Twitter, moron!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Where's the stock market update, Winnow?

Trump was out there tweeting about how awesome he was every time the market went up by 10 points even though it was jut continuing the trend it's been on for like the past 8 years. Now that it's dropped like 1800 points in two days, a new record by the way, Trump sure seems strangely silent.

Hey, if you're going to take credit for the positive you need to take the blame when things go the opposite way. (Note to Winnow: This is the point of my post. I know you're going to want to go off on some Sarah Palin-esque tirade about something totally unrelated so I'm just trying to help you focus.)

Here's to hoping things are better tomorrow! This just another example of Trump making himself look like a fool. Stay off Twitter, moron!

Take a look at the multi year chart for the stock market. Remember that when Obama left office, the market was around 18,000, With the record (not percentage record) point drop, the market is still at 24,345. The market was going up 1,000 a week, that's unsustainable. With huge gains come larger corrections.

Remember the last time you posted here about the market crashing due to Trump? If the chart i linked doesn't red-x, it's one of those little mico red lines on the chart past the horizontal Obama years. That red bar at the end was yesterday's drop.

I have no idea how things will eventually shake out but it's not yet time to panic. It's hard to predict. Crypto has dropped 50% over the past 2 weeks. Seems scary but it's dropped more than 50% FIVE other times over the past 4 or so years and has always forged ahead to insaner highs. As with the stock market, who knows, but you've got to keep things in perspective. The US economy is actually in really good shape right now.