What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

We are screwed.

I absolutely hate Hillary Clinton.

Trump is buds with Bill Clinton. Clinton and Trump shared a phone call where Bill encouraged Trump to pursue the presidency in 2016. What I think is going on is Trump is there to totally disrupt the Republican race which he has. If Trump is somehow nominated, and he's leading the polls right now, Hillary will have an easy time defeating him. I assume Trump will get some kickbacks for his part in all of this, as well as all the media attention that he loves.

So today I read that Carl Icahn has accepted Trumps offer to be Secretary of Treasury. This is the guy that buys up billions of dollars worth of shares in companies and then holds them hostage to make changes. I can't stand this guy. The last thing he should be is Secretary of Treasury.

We are currently looking at a potential choice between corrupt as fuck killer Hillary (adding to it this whole Trump thing) and joke candidate Trump. We are in for a seriously bad 4 years if that plays out as it is favored to do at the moment.

The only hope we have is to get a better Republican candidate. Democrats are too lame to vote for anyone but Hillary so that side is screwed.

The scary thing is that a lot of Democrats (and Americans in general) love reality TV. They'll vote for the recognizable face. The same dumbasses that would vote for a Kardashian for example if they ran.

The good news is Trump, as expected, said something completely idiotic.
During Thursday's presidential debate, Kelly pressed Trump about misogynistic, sexist comments he made in the past, such as calling some women "fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals."

Trump slammed Kelly, saying her questions were "ridiculous" and "off-base."

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."
Nice. Trump has no control. It would be insane to have him as president. Only hope for America is if Trump gets taken out of the running, offering a chance for another Republican candidate. Democrat situation is hopeless. Hillary will probably offer free liposuction for fat people in her nomination speech and that will secure her as president.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Trump is a direct result of the last 12 years of Republican politics and Fox News "reporting". He is the Republican Party without a filter. He is exactly what that party deserves and I find it deliciously ironic how badly they want to turn around and run in the opposite direction of the Frankenstein they created. The problem is, they still have their filters on. They really want to call him a piece of shit, but they can't. Meanwhile, he can say whatever the hell he wants, such as this great line referring to Megan Kelly during the debate: "She was a mess with her anger and totally caught off guard. Blood was coming out of her eyes and whatever". Even your conspiracy of Bill making a Manchurian Candidate out of Trump was rumored to be leaked by the Republicans themselves in hopes of stopping his momentum and spotlight hogging. It's a conspiracy within a conspiracy!

Even if by some crazy series of events Trump were to win, he would be worthless in the White House. He would be Jessie Ventura-ed by both parties. Trump is unelectable though. Everyone knows it and it's fucking hilarious watching Fox News and the Republican party fail at every attempt to sabotage his campaign. Jesus, right now we have Trump vs Fox News. It doesn't get any better than this. This is 10x better than any Democrat could have ever hoped for. It's making the last Republican nomination look like a cakwalk by comparison and that was a goddamn bloodbath in its own right.

The other 18 Republicans running for President are all just different shades of fucking crazy. There isn't an electable one in the bunch. Not one! Seriously, there are nineteen Republican candidates and they are all fucking terrible. It just shows how fractured and broken that party is. It has no single identity and there is no one willing or able to champion that shit show. It has no future in its current state.

Hillary has it in the bag, and that's just fine with me. Hell, Mark Rubio said it in the first debate: "It's important to be qualified, but if this election is a resume competition, then Hillary Clinton's gonna be the next president, because she's been in office and in government longer than anybody else running here tonight." I've been saying that the entire time.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

except she is horribly inept at everything she does, but frankly so are about 95% of the politicians in Washington, so I guess we are screwed regardless.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I voted early. I did a write-in vote for Karl Marx.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Hopefully the US doesn't go full retard today and elect Trump.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Hopefully the US doesn't go full retard today and elect Trump.
Yeah, I hope so too. I shouldn't be watching the results as they come in but I am, and it's giving me serious anxiety.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Trump leading in most states that haven't been called yet.

Sadly, it looks like USA is going full retard. I have to be up at 6:00am so going to bed. Hopefully when I wake up this nightmare will be over. However from the looks of it it looks like it's going to have at least 4 more years.

Hope everyone loves it when Guliani, Christie, Gingrich and a bunch of other GOP stooges are in the White House. Sounds like a recipe for awesomeness.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

This is what democracy looks like: racism, misogyny, homophobia, xenophobia...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Hope everyone loves it when Guliani, Christie, Gingrich and a bunch of other GOP stooges are in the White House. Sounds like a recipe for awesomeness.
Hillary was as corrupt as they come. I don't like Trump I but absolutely can't stand Hillary.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm defeated...this was the perfect election for a 5% third party...and people did vote third party, more than ever probably...but still not enough. Personally, didn't see much difference between Hilldawg and Trumpalumpa...more of the same vitriol from both.

But hey, the SAME reaction happened 8 years ago, and we are all still here. It was just the other side of the aisle predicting the end of democracy, the end of the US, and vowing to move to canada. Did any one actually go? no. Will all the people who vowed to move go this time? no.

I never understand why people are so upset when they "lose". I imagine with so many upset, they will go to the polls EVERY year, and get their party in every office possible, and not just go every 4 years....but that's never gonna change either.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

If you don't understand the difference between a bunch of racist, bigoted, worthless sacks of human excrement (aka most republicans) being mad because there isn't someone in the office that will fight for Jesus' will -- and intelligent, informed people that are upset because there is a Republican majority in the house and senate, and Hitler Jr. at the helm; you need to reassess the way you're looking at things. It's not just another "oh my party didn't win" thing, we're talking about all of the progress on environmental and social issues over the last 8 years down the shitter.

I am truly and deeply embarrassed that there are so many xenophobic, bible thumping wastes of oxygen in this country.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I'm optimistic, maybe a little too optimistic, that a Trump presidency will motivate people to organize; to resist and rebel; to do more than just vote for the lesser, neoliberalism-as-usual, evil every four years.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:I'm optimistic, maybe a little too optimistic, that a Trump presidency will motivate people to organize; to resist and rebel; to do more than just vote for the lesser, neoliberalism-as-usual, evil every four years.
Yeah, that's more or less the only nugget of hope I'm able to dig out of this massive pile of human excrement; hopefully this will be the rock bottom we need to hit to get people to open their eyes, see what the fuck is going on around them, and do something about it.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Spang wrote:I'm optimistic, maybe a little too optimistic, that a Trump presidency will motivate people to organize; to resist and rebel; to do more than just vote for the lesser, neoliberalism-as-usual, evil every four years.
Yeah, that's more or less the only nugget of hope I'm able to dig out of this massive pile of human excrement; hopefully this will be the rock bottom we need to hit to get people to open their eyes, see what the fuck is going on around them, and do something about it.
While I agree with this optimism, I will say this. I remember this *exact* version of optimism 8 years ago from the right. They did mobilize for this election...and we got Trump. Nothing changes, its still the duopoly of lies.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I wouldn't be so concerned if this was 2012 or 2020. If it was 2012 all over again and Romney won, I'd be like "Well that sucks" but I don't think much else would impact me.

However with the Supreme Court vacancy, due to Republicans not caring about the Constitution (when it can benefit them) and totally refusing to even have a hearing on Obama's pick, which by the way they were totally fine with him a couple years previously, is going to set us back decades. Not to mention one of the current justices is 83 years old and probably wont make it to 87. It's going to be stacked with crazy ass conservative judges for years to come thanks to lifetime appointments.

Religion is getting forced into more policy decisions and now with Republicans controlling the Presidency along with the House and Senate? The next four years for social issues are going to be terrible. Like Clinton or not you could at least say she was an adult. That's why many endorsed her over Trump. Even many media outlets that had never endorsed a Democrat before or at least in a very long time.

If it was just four more years of shit that's one thing. But some of the things that will be happening during those 4 years are going to have an impact for much longer than that.

I hope in four years they ask all those Trump voters, who think he's magically going to create a job for them, whether they are better off now then they were back in 2016. I'd be surprised if the majority answer "Yes". The 'man' duped millions of people with his constant lies and promises of things I doubt he can deliver and people just ate it up.

And liberal Democrat who decided to not vote of to vote for someone like Johnson instead picked the wrong year for their protest. There was too much at stake. Clinton could have easily won CO, MI, MN, PA, WI, and FL but those votes instead went to Johnson. Of course nothing to say some of those voting for Johnson were not Republicans but still... More than likely it would have been a different outcome.

Summary: I can probably live with Trump for 4 years. Living with a conservative Supreme Court for probably the rest of my life? Not so much.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"A more just, anti-racist, pro-feminist, queer-friendly, and less ecologically destructive future will not appear after the right justices hear the right lawyers make the right arguments. Liberals should realize this by now. By fixating on the Supreme Court, they have inherited the framers’ skepticism of popular sovereignty, of mass politics, and of the exercise of public power. They have adopted a view of constitutional politics that revolves around ideas of procedure, consensus, and finality." --Rob Hunter
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Thanks Rob.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You truly are a moron.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
I hope in four years they ask all those Trump voters, who think he's magically going to create a job for them, whether they are better off now then they were back in 2016. I'd be surprised if the majority answer "Yes". The 'man' duped millions of people with his constant lies and promises of things I doubt he can deliver and people just ate it up.

And liberal Democrat who decided to not vote of to vote for someone like Johnson instead picked the wrong year for their protest. There was too much at stake. Clinton could have easily won CO, MI, MN, PA, WI, and FL but those votes instead went to Johnson. Of course nothing to say some of those voting for Johnson were not Republicans but still... More than likely it would have been a different outcome.
Now you know how the republicans felt when Ross Perot ran as a third party candidate in 1992. It goes both ways.

Those that voted for Trump didn't necessarily do it because they liked him. I think people discount how much many despise Hillary and the "establishment". Hillary is the epitome of a bought/corrupt and just plain bad politician. How much did she make from Goldman Sachs speeches? I'm sick and tired of the corruption on Wall Street. Be it Democrat or Republican, plenty are fed up with bullshit politicians.

Trump is scary but he's not more of the same.

I didn't vote this election. I hate Hillary with a passion but I refused to vote for Trump. Arizona is the only state that voted against legalizing recreational marijuana. I suppose that's partially on me for not voting. If they would have trotted out almost any other candidate besides Hillary, I probably would have voted democrat for the first time ever.

I was stunned at the election results. That fact that Hillary couldn't win this election considering who she was running against says a lot. The liberals didn't give enough of a crap to turn out in numbers. Women didn't seem to care about Trump's raunchy comments. She only got like 7% more of the female vote. I guess a female candidate doesn't bring out the vote as much as one of color...or maybe the candidate sucked no matter what the color or gender.

Republicans control the House and Senate but while Trump ran as a Republican, he's not really a republican and not really liked by the republican party. It won't be a love fest.

although:
Trump Will Take Office with More Power Than Any Republican President Since 1928

Republicans control

– Senate
– House
– Maj. of Governors
– Supreme Court pick
– Presidency
So how great were these Obama years that republican candidates in the House, Senate and Governor races basically massacred the democrats? Hillary had ZERO coattails in this election and Obama's "legacy" did squat to help the democrats in every level of government.

Obama's legacy? Being the first black president I guess.

These whiny liberal protests should suck it up and take it. I'm not happy about it either but Hillary was not the answer. She's more of a douchebag than Trump but just hides it well. (thankfully not well enough) It might not be such a bad thing to have a politician act it out in public this time as opposed to presenting the typical shit eating fake politician grin while screwing us behind the scenes.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Great recap of fail Clinton economics by Jonathan Tasini, a frequent commentator on CNN
Starting out with NAFTA, Bill Clinton forced "free trade" upon the party. I warned multiple times during the election that Trump would make inroads with voters in the Rust Belt unless Democrats made a clean break from corporate trade deals. Around the globe, these deals are a key tool to drive down wages, exploit workers and prosecute global class warfare. But, the current president still serves up the malarkey about the benefits of these deals.

Bill Clinton's broader economic agenda was even more corrosive. During Clinton's so-called "good economy," the decline of organized labor continued. The president, and his secretary of labor, Robert Reich, did very little to arrest the decline.

No Democratic president was more focused on letting business interests off the leash. He gave more power to media companies, triggering consolidation and a powerful wave of concentration of the media into a few hands. The average person, not steeped in policy, understood this every time he or she opened their skyrocketing cable bills.
Hand-in-glove with Wall Street, Clinton got rid of the Glass Steagall Act, which removed the separation between commercial banks, insurers and investment banks, allowing the self-dealing manipulation of mortgages and interest rates and accelerating the shifting of huge wealth into the hands of a few.

Again, the average person, just trying to make ends meet, eventually got the sharpest end of that spear when millions of people lost their homes, jobs and retirement in the thundering collapse known as the Great Recession, which, for many, has been a depression.

There is so much more: A planet dying because for years fossil fuel interests were coddled. Welfare reform. Mass incarceration of people of color, which had both racial and economic consequences. The praise of the Clinton years, and red-faced defense by its leader, was always couched in contrast to the Reagan and two Bush Administrations. Great.

Feeding off the Clinton machine, the Democratic Party has become riddled with lobbyists, billionaires, and hustlers who pocket huge sums of money by running either nonprofit "think tanks" or election-cycle networks, and politicians who, indeed, are focused mostly on reelection. Surrounding the party are extremely well-paid non-profit leaders, who end up defending the status quo.

Chief component of the Clinton machine in recent years, the Clinton Foundation operated somewhat out of sight.

The big donations streaming from anti-union powerhouses like Wal-Mart or big financial entities like Bank of America not only whitewashed the policies of interests directly opposed to what the Democratic Party should stand for, but they also clouded the deeper systemic crisis within the party. We can only address climate change, poverty and global inequality by axing the very system benefiting many of the donors to the Clinton Foundation.

Fast forward to the 2016 election. There is no doubt in my mind that Bernie Sanders would have defeated Trump. His authenticity would have pierced through Trump's fraudulent appeal. His concise, point-by-point evisceration of a failed economic model and aggressive, blundering foreign policy was entirely understandable to voters.
After reading that, it should be clear, whether you think Trump is dangerous/unpredictable or not, that Clinton was absolutely not what this country needed. Her special interest and backroom deals would have just screwed us another 4-8 years. Maybe Trump will screw us as well and maybe he won't. At least with him we don't know for sure.

This one is on the democrats for failing to get a Bernie Sanders or anyone else through the primaries past Clinton.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Trump may be a political outsider, but he's still the status-quo. He will surround himself with establishment Republicans and Wall Street elites and continue the same failed neoliberal policies of his predecessors.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Latest rumor of a Trump cabinet appointment: Sarah Palin.

My god, America... What have you done?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Trump is doing a great job of draining that swamp. Everyone who voted for him (or didn't vote for Clinton) should be ashamed of themselves!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

One day after a Pew Research Center poll put President Donald Trump’s job approval rating below 40 percent, another major survey delivered some tepid numbers for the Commander-in-Chief.

According to Friday’s edition of the daily Gallup tracking poll, Trump’s approval rating stands at 38 percent. That’s down from the 39 percent level where Pew had Trump a day earlier.

By comparison, former President Barack Obama was tracking above 60 percent consistently through the first six months in office. At no point in his Presidency did his Gallup approval rating dip below 40 percent.

Never in the history of the Gallup tracking poll, which dates back to 1945, has a President had an approval rating below 40 percent, or even 50 percent, in his first month.
What a disaster.

Thanks all you dumbfucks who said Trump was just as bad as Clinton and voted for him (or didn't vote for Clinton).

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Not a trump supporter....had to qualify....but you actually believe the polls after this years election? I will never read/believe poll numbers again, how can we? Internet polling wouldn't be any more accurate, put the same pole on Fox News and CNN, you'll get two different results. Poll Lubbock, TX and NYC...you get the idea.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Polling can never be 100% accurate but will give you a general idea. My problem with polls is some people let themselves be influenced by them: "Oh my candidate is up 5 points in the latest polls guess I don't need to go out and vote for them since they have it locked up".

Accurate or not, anyone who thinks Trump is doing a bangup job is an idiot delusional. The dude must be the pettiest person on Twitter.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama had all of his "promises of hope" and the first black president thing going for him in the polls. No way an old rich white guy gets that kind of love.

Who gives a fuck about polls and popularity if a president is actually getting something accomplished. Obamacare? Yeah that was a winner.
Abraham Lincoln Was Actually Hated When President

Abraham Lincoln is widely accepted as one of the United States’ best presidents. But while in office, many of the American people not only thought he was doing a horrible job but also considered him to be a complete fool. It wasn’t until his tragic assassination that he rose to the ubiquitous popularity he has today.

When Lincoln took office in March 1861, he was entering a presidency he had won with only 39.8 percent of the popular vote. Reactions from the public were so negative that on the eve of his inauguration he had to be smuggled into the capital during the dead of night in a disguise. He was looked down upon for everything from his humble beginnings and lack of education to his awkward appearance and high voice. Even the commanding general of his armies, George McClellan, called him the “original gorilla.” (Gives a whole new meaning to to term “OG.”)
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/01/02/abr ... president/

Next!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Accurate or not, anyone who thinks Trump is doing a bangup job is an idiot delusional. The dude must be the pettiest person on Twitter.
At least initially, looks to me like where it matters, (your 401K) record breaking levels are what's happening since Trump took office.

Doesn't look to me like the majority of Americans that didn't vote for Trump are hording gold and supplies preparing for the apocalypse.

Thanks Trump! Who will ultimately end up the more popular president? Lincoln or Trump? Time will tell!

I'm an atheist but thank god Hillary didn't get elected. Probably the most corrupt politician ever to sniff the presidency (her husband ranks up there as well)
Trump is enjoying the Dow Jones Industrial Average’s best performance in the initial 30 days of a presidential term since Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1945
Oh my! (say it like George Takei would for full affect!)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

(CNN)President Donald Trump's first address to Congress received largely positive reviews from viewers, with 57% who tuned in saying they had a very positive reaction to the speech, according to a new CNN/ORC poll of speech-watchers.

Nearly 7-in-10 who watched said the President's proposed policies would move the country in the right direction and almost two-thirds said the president has the right priorities for the country. Overall, about 7-in-10 said the speech made them feel more optimistic about the direction of the country.
That's from one of the most liberal sources there is (CNN) which Trump has kicked out of press conferences in the past.

DJIA is over 21,000 this morning. up +249 points

I cant see those levels lasting long. Regression to the mean will happen eventually but that's quite a start to the most hate president "Evah!".
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Trump currently has an approval rating of 37 percent. Few presidents have had an approval rating this low, and none, until Trump, have had it this low this soon into to a presidency.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Trump currently has an approval rating of 37 percent. Few presidents have had an approval rating this low, and none, until Trump, have had it this low this soon into to a presidency.
Abraham Lincoln Was Actually Hated When President

Abraham Lincoln is widely accepted as one of the United States’ best presidents. But while in office, many of the American people not only thought he was doing a horrible job but also considered him to be a complete fool. It wasn’t until his tragic assassination that he rose to the ubiquitous popularity he has today.

When Lincoln took office in March 1861, he was entering a presidency he had won with only 39.8 percent of the popular vote. Reactions from the public were so negative that on the eve of his inauguration he had to be smuggled into the capital during the dead of night in a disguise. He was looked down upon for everything from his humble beginnings and lack of education to his awkward appearance and high voice. Even the commanding general of his armies, George McClellan, called him the “original gorilla.” (Gives a whole new meaning to to term “OG.”)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Donald Trump couldn't get a Republican healthcare bill passed in a Republican-controlled Congress. The idea that Trump will someday be regarded as one of the great presidents in our Nation's history is complete nonsense.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Donald Trump couldn't get a Republican healthcare bill passed in a Republican-controlled Congress. The idea that Trump will someday be regarded as one of the great presidents in our Nation's history is complete nonsense.
To his benefit, Trump really isn't a Republican or Democrat so having a Republican controlled congress isn't an advantage.

Lincoln couldn't keep the peace and Civil War broke out. What a fucking mess he was.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:To his benefit, Trump really isn't a Republican or Democrat so having a Republican controlled congress isn't an advantage.
Bullshit

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Lincoln is overrated and given far too much credit for the so-called end to slavery, which is still legal as punishment.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Lincoln is overrated and given far too much credit for the so-called end to slavery, which is still legal as punishment.

Select another president that you admire.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed." --Eisenhower
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything." --Trump
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Eisenhower's reluctance to act on McCarthy — there was no attempt to curb his actions or speak out against him — allowed McCarthy's venom to seep into the national discourse.
Gee, that was a fun time in our history. Commie!
Most of us know that Eisenhower was president when the Korean War finally came to an end. But fewer of us would associate him with key decisions that would reverberate throughout the 1960s: He sent the first American soldiers to Vietnam, he sent the U2 spy plane that crashed in the Soviet Union, escalating tensions for years, and he also sent federal troops into the first tense clashes of the civil rights era.
Nice. Maybe he should have spent more time talking about grabbing P***Y instead of trying to crush the Civil Rights movement.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Consumer confidence hits 16-year high in boost to economy
U.S. consumer confidence surged to a more than 16-year high in March amid growing labor market optimism while the goods trade deficit narrowed sharply in February, indicating the economy was regaining momentum after faltering at the start of the year.
Highest it's been since 2000.

Also:

Not saying these things will continue forever but it's a far cry from the doom and gloom people on this board and others were predicting if Trump was elected.

Go ahead and gate! Way the hell better than guaranteed corrupt Hillary being in office.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Way the hell better than guaranteed corrupt Hillary being in office.
If you think Trump, and his whole family for that matter, isn't corrupt you're a huge fuckin dumbo. They have conflicts of interest out the ass yet Republicans don't seem to care. Funny how that works.

Except it's not.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Way the hell better than guaranteed corrupt Hillary being in office.
If you think Trump, and his whole family for that matter, isn't corrupt you're a huge fuckin dumbo. They have conflicts of interest out the ass yet Republicans don't seem to care. Funny how that works.

Except it's not.
Oh they do. There's no doubt. But it's a different kind of corruption. Hillary was guaranteed in bed with Goldman Sachs and the rest of corrupt Wall Street. You exchange one form of corruption for another but Trump had to make less deals than Hillary and had zero political historical baggage that Hillary has.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Hillary was guaranteed in bed with Goldman Sachs and the rest of corrupt Wall Street. You exchange one form of corruption for another but Trump had to make less deals than Hillary and had zero political historical baggage that Hillary has.
How many former Goldman Sachs people has Trump got skulking around in his administration? You might want to do some research. Ignorance isn't always bliss sometimes it's just ignorance.

And this was three months ago. Who knows how many are there now. Draining the swamp indeed.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Hillary was guaranteed in bed with Goldman Sachs and the rest of corrupt Wall Street. You exchange one form of corruption for another but Trump had to make less deals than Hillary and had zero political historical baggage that Hillary has.
How many former Goldman Sachs people has Trump got skulking around in his administration? You might want to do some research. Ignorance isn't always bliss sometimes it's just ignorance.

And this was three months ago. Who knows how many are there now. Draining the swamp indeed.
At least he didn't get huge contribution checks from them for lame speeches like Hillary did. Trump is still in a better position than Hillary (or most politicians) to get things done without a long history of backroom deals.

At least he didn't soend money on a mega acceptance speech stage like Hillary didn't get to use. Shows he's more frugal. All the democrats do is get those liberal movie stars and musicians to make appearances hoping to sway the dumb vote that falls for the Opra Winfrey tears.

Trump earned his presidency. He didn't suck up to the Republican party and was still voted into office even with so many hating him because there were enough people bright enough to know that Hillary was definitely not the answer.

Hate him all you want. I do. But if he gets things done, it's a step forward for our normally stagnant government.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Typical apologist.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Like all US presidents, Eisenhower did some awful shit, but he warned us about the military-industrial complex, and was actually presidential. Everything Trump does is awful shit and he acts like a fucking child doing it.