Bloodborne (PS4!)

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bloodborne (PS4!)

Post by Aslanna »

Cleaning up on the reviews! Not my type of game so I doubt I'll be playing that.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Bloodborne (PS4!)

Post by Funkmasterr »

I played it for a couple hours last night, this game is fucking awesome! Definitely an improvement over every aspect of the Souls games, I can't wait to play more of this.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I will get it once it hits the cheapie bin. I still have Demon's Souls, and Darks Souls 1 & 2 to play through!

I did get the Handsome Jack Collection for my Birthday. I'm installing it right now and plan on putting a couple of hours into it tonight.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I did get the Handsome Jack Collection for my Birthday. I'm installing it right now and plan on putting a couple of hours into it tonight.
I've put in hundreds of hours into the PC and PS3 (plat!) version of BL2. I'll probably pick up this collection once it hits the cheapie bin but for full price? Pass! I wish they would have included BL1 though.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think I put 10-12 hours into BL 1. All my friends out leveled me and it wasn't super fun to play alone. I didn't play 2 and never bought the pre-sequel.

I started with the pre-sequel in the Handsome Collection last night and it's pretty damn fun so far. Very colorful and nice to look at. I would have liked BL 1 to have been included in the collection as well just for the sake of completion, but the pre-sequel + BL 2 and all the DLC for both is pretty sweet considering I have not played them (especially as a gift).
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bloodborne is fucking awesome, btw. I have zero complaints and have noticed no issues with this game so far. Load times could be better but really aren't that bad, although I've got a faster hdd in my ps4 than what it came with.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

93 on Metacritic with 48 reviews. I think we can safely say best game of next generation consoles and only on PLAYSTATION!

Funny all the 0 user reviews more than likely from Xbox fanboys. Suck it Xbox!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yep, this would get my vote as best game so far this gen. Downed the first boss and damn near got the second last night, as expected, it can be really frustrating at time, but I'm still loving this game.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Really great game, got hooked on it this week being off work and having my wife out of town.

It's so dark... I love it.

I'm past the second boss a bit, getting close to the third.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Neziroth wrote:Really great game, got hooked on it this week being off work and having my wife out of town.

It's so dark... I love it.

I'm past the second boss a bit, getting close to the third.
Good luck! The bosses are definitely progressively getting tougher. I've taken 5 down now, none of them being optional bosses. Took a crack at the sixth last night and got fucking wrecked, like, dead in under 10 seconds wrecked. Tonight's a new night!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Beat the final boss last night, and started ng+. Going to finish up the platinum on this one before witcher comes out.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I had a friend give this to me last week because he didn't like it. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'm going to try and make a point to play it today.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OK. I played it for about 1.5 hours and here are my thoughts.

Pros - I like the aesthetic and it looks decent enough. The slow/deliberate controls are interesting to learn.

Cons - Camera, Getting hit through walls, Load times, and I have no idea wtf I am doing or am supposed to do be doing

I played the beginning and eventually had to get past a werewolf who was blocking my way to a graveyard where things seem to open up a bit. I am unarmed. I eventually beat the werewolf after a fight that must have been around 10 minutes long. Ok, cool. That wasn't very much fun, but I did eventually triumph so the sense of accomplishment was nice. I go into the graveyard and there is a few new enemy types that easily beat me due to strength of numbers and the fact I do not know their attack patterns yet. Also, I still have no weapons of course. I restart the level after my death and the werewolf is there again. I immediately exit the game and make this post.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nobody said it was going to be easy! The whole point is that it isn't. Which is why I don't play the 'Souls' games.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:Nobody said it was going to be easy! The whole point is that it isn't. Which is why I don't play the 'Souls' games.
My weapons were not equipped. They do not show up in your inventory. You have to manually equip them and that is where they show up. You are given weapons at the start, but they do not auto equip. Since they were not in my inventory, it made me second guess myself and think I was just reading descriptions, not actually choosing my starting weaponry. That starting werewolf dies in about 3 seconds when you have weapons in your hands. This is a lot easier than the other Soul games I have played in the past. It's one of the reasons I wanted to try it. I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the game now that I have weapons :P
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, the intended way for that fight to pan out is you die, go to the hunters dream, and get your weapons. This game is considerably easier than the other souls games, but it is still tough compared to the average game.

Last night I got all the way through Rom in Ng+ in one sitting. That probably took me 2-3 weeks the first time through. One bit of advice is to take at least a few shots at the bosses solo before you summon help; the boss fights with two competent players are a total pushover, and that totally undermines the game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yeah, I'm further into this than anything else in the series. I understand the appeal. This seems to have the refinements I was hoping for. I'lm going to keep playing this for sure.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm a solid 4-5 hours into the game. I'm glad I gave it a chance. It's a fun game and not nearly as difficult as the fan base might have you believe. It's tough for sure, but it's fair.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Just arrived via gamefly....thought I had canceled gamefly!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You hadn't!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I finished with my speedrun second playthrough. Got all of the trophies except for three pertaining to the chalice dungeons now. Speaking of the chalice dungeons, that's where this game gets really hard; about the third dungeon in shit starts to get real. The difficulty in the chalice dungeons is completely independent of what playthrough you're on, and your progress is also retained from one playthrough to the next (just as an fyi). The boss I'm on now (bloodletting beast) is a complete asshole, and I've been stuck on him for quite a while.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Got the platinum for this last night. The last 2-3 chalice dungeons are really tough!
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Beat Vicar Amelia for me please, I'm bad at games I guess. Souls games were NP for me, this one though... this one's rough.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You rang the bell to get co-op peoples? I think for that fight it isn't uncommon to even get two people to help. She's not too bad though, just stay pressed up against her directly behind, and when she clutches her pendant thing and glows she's about to heal so use whatever that mist item is that blocks healing if you have it.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

The bell has never ever worked for me. For the bloodstarved beast I tried it on 2 or 3 separate occasions and got no answer.

Compared to Dark Souls' ground-icon thing, the bell is so clunky.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Check your settings to make sure you don't have things set to private/invite only or whatever it is and change the region to worldwide - see if that helps. If you wanna add me on psn (let me know what your psn name is if you do) - I can try and help out sometime - I think they got rid of the requirement to be within a certain level range, right? Cause I'm like level 130 or something.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Not sure, I haven't touched the game in a couple of months. The weather turned nice and I've been living on games of League of Legends, CS: Go and MLB The Show. Bloodborne for me is more of a winter game because I like to sit down and marathon it.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I hear that, got a new motorcycle recently so I'm out on that as much as possible. Definitely cuts into game time!
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

derail inc: what'd you get?

Sold mine when I got married because my wife was visually distressed every time I went out on it. Everyone loves to tell their horror stories about someone who got hurt or killed on a bike to you and everyone around you when you buy one. That wore on her.

I had a Ninja 636, and I miss it daily.

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I got a GSXR 750, definitely love it. It's a 2013 with about 7k miles on it - I upgraded from an old f4i, so it's a big difference I was in a motorcycle accident about three years back, and everyone in my family that rides has had one at some point, but that's not stopping me.

I knew several people that have died in motorcycle crashes, but it's just a risk I'm willing to take.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I would be willing to pitch in and buy Winnow a motorcycle.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Make sure you're an organ donor.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Should someone start a gofundme page?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I would be willing to pitch in and buy Winnow a motorcycle.
Not a chance. I had fun with off road dirt bikes growing up but no way I'd ride one on the freeway. Most motorcycle riders I see are douchebags and think they have the right of way. They get all upset if stuck in traffic and start weaving in and out and in between lanes. They are a hazard. Just like anything else where you kill someone, even though it's their fault, it still is traumatic and impacts your life. Don't be sad for the dead motorcyclist. Be sad for the person(s) in the car who's lives are affected.

Motorcycles are OK for leisurely Sunday drives (even then they annoy the locals with their noise) but shouldn't be on the freeways. And put some bigger mufflers on those obnoxiously loud Harleys. They are a great combination of road and noise hazards.

I understand the "thrill" part of them but find another way that's not on public transportation streets to get your jollies. Try off-roading. That way you only mangle yourself when you crash. The tree you hit most likely will be OK. Booze it up beforehand. I suggest listening to Top Gun's Highway to the Dangerzone to help get your speed up.