The Walking Dead

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Winnow »

The start to the second half of season 5 (episode 9) is the worst episode of Walking Dead I've seen to date. Seriously bad, bad story, bad shaky cam, bad fucking flashbacks. I can't stand when they bring back dead cast members as delirious visions.

Might be time to end this show if this is all they can come up with.

Perhaps the new spin off Walking Dead show will put some life into this again as it will start back at the beginning with some new characters.

Jesus Christ this was a bad episode. Actors looked like they didn't give a shit. Zero plot/character development. This is a very weak filler episode that should be shown at all much less being the first episode after months of no Walking Dead.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Another horrifically bad episode coming off of a terrible episode after a season hiatus.

It's possible things improve next episode but the writing/dialogue has been atrocious.

The budget for the last two episodes combined, minus the cost of the actors, could have been a couple grand. I'm assuming the writers are interns working for free.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Always hate agreeing with you, but in this case I couldn't agree more. I found myself looking at shit online while both these episodes played because they were so shitty. I hope they either turn the show around or just end it before they turn it into a parody of its former awesomeness.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Episode 11 was slightly better than the last two episodes but still sub par. Bunch of brooding people.

Seems like the writers think every emo drama line needs to be significant although it's overkill at this point and cringe worthy.

They finally played the gay card. Seems every show in existence must have gay people in it so the director can show they're hipsters and down with the latest TV overkill fad. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals and support equality, civil unions etc etc but the gay couple in every show seems forced.

I watch an excellent show called Black Sails (highly recommended). Out of the fucking blue...BAM! Gay relationship. Gay pirates. Lesbian whores. It's all there. Actually this show is so damn good, I don't care what they do. Check out Black Sails, it's almost done with season 2 and has episodes that are jam fucking packed with plot and character development.

Don't throw gays into a story just to check off the gay box.

As for Walking Dead, lets see what happens to the story now that they've arrived at destination "X".
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well that's the thing, even if they manage to add a little more spice back in now that they've got to pleasentville or whatever the fuck it's called, it's most likely going to be a replay of what's happened at every other "town" they've shown up at thus far. It's just getting kinda tired, unless they can find a way to really take the show somewhere totally new, I think it's time they start thinking about ending it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:They finally played the gay card. Seems every show in existence must have gay people in it so the director can show they're hipsters and down with the latest TV overkill fad. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals and support equality, civil unions etc etc but the gay couple in every show seems forced.

I watch an excellent show called Black Sails (highly recommended). Out of the fucking blue...BAM! Gay relationship. Gay pirates. Lesbian whores. It's all there. Actually this show is so damn good, I don't care what they do. Check out Black Sails, it's almost done with season 2 and has episodes that are jam fucking packed with plot and character development.

Don't throw gays into a story just to check off the gay box.

I just caught up on Season 2 of House of Cards (still haven't watched season 3)

Perhaps I'm just running into all of these gay story-lines at once due watching some shows a little later after release...but what the fuck? It really does seem like a hot topic for directors that feel they must introduce something gay. It really annoys me when directors don't think for themselves.

Keep an eye out while watching TV series that throws in a gay scene or relationship. If it has absolutely nothing to do and no impact on the story, it's due to some director feeling compelled to go along with the flow instead of being more creative.

Haven't watched this weeks' Walking Dead yet!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Watched it. Boring build up for pretty obvious season finale. This show is losing me.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Season finale was a real snoozer.

Here's some info on the new Walking Dead series starting up this summer:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/09/entertain ... index.html
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

season finale? You got an early copy? There's three more episodes to go...

But yes, season 5.2 is boooring
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:season finale? You got an early copy? There's three more episodes to go...

But yes, season 5.2 is boooring
16 episodes total? That's an odd number. Ah, well they have a few more episodes to make up for the boring shows so far. Last episode wast s05e13
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:16 episodes total? That's an odd number.
16 is an even number. Back to math class with you!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I finally started watching this series a couple of weeks ago. Some of my thoughts on the series so far (nearing the end of season 4):
  • Rick's hair doesn't seem to grow, and his beard is too well manicured for a zombie apocalypse.
    [Show]
    And where did Andrea get her pedicure before she died?
    The name of my indie-folk band will be Post-apocalyptic Pedicured Feet.

Hershel's shotgun has unlimited ammo and no recoil.

Daryl and Michonne are my favorite characters (Danai Gurira is great in The Visitor).

I also like Andrea's bad-assery.

Many of the characters have headshot hacks installed.

The actors who play "the walkers" are really good.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Finally another decent episode. Death and mutilation! Maybe even a little character development thrown in.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I still thought it was boring, and was on my phone/the internet most of the episode. Even if the action picks back up, it's the same fucking thing over and over again: Group runs into another group of bad people, group has casualties but eventually wins, group is ok for a while, repeat. And from the little bit of spoiling I did for myself on Neegan or whatever the fuck his name is, that's going to repeat itself any time now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I still thought it was boring, and was on my phone/the internet most of the episode. Even if the action picks back up, it's the same fucking thing over and over again: Group runs into another group of bad people, group has casualties but eventually wins, group is ok for a while, repeat. And from the little bit of spoiling I did for myself on Neegan or whatever the fuck his name is, that's going to repeat itself any time now.
That's what it was like for the first three seasons and they were great, so it's not the formula that's the problem. It's the stagnation and emo characters that all look resigned to being depressed all the time instead of higher energy exploration.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yep, this show is boring. Their formula isn't working for me anymore, I'm probably done with it unless something major changes.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

You mean like a spin off, that starts this summer! Hells yeah!

But you're right, the formula is getting old. We'll see, I'll keep watching cause I group watch mostly...but its lost steam big time.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Wow, it has been a while since I watched this show. I think I recognize half of those characters.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:Wow, it has been a while since I watched this show. I think I recognize half of those characters.
You're not missing much.