Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Avengers

Post by Winnow »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Wtf? Scarlet Witch was originally part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. She wasnt' even close to being a founding member of the Avengers. Captain America came around in issue #4.
Scarlet Witch was in Avengers before the Brotherhood, in fact.

eh? She returned to the Brotherhood. She was already in the Brotherhood previously:

Large image spoilered. See Scarlet Witch in her rare miscolored green costume!
[Show]
Scroll down about 7 posts on this page to see an assload of information on the Scarlet Witch in chronological order:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... tion/page2

The thread is 15 pages long but you'll see her history on that page.

Joss could always suggest an incestuous relationship between Wanda and Peitro introduced in the Ultimates:

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2008/05 ... evolution/

Or hook her up with Cap!
[Show]

Of course, she was actually married to Vision so it all depends on the timeline Whedon would want to use.

Anyway, Scarlet Witch would be a good choice but they fucked her up so bad recently. Just like Phoenix, she's out of commission until they reboot.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

my bad.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
masteen wrote:Antman and Wasp were lame. Scarlet Witch would have been awesome, but the next Avenger is Spiderman.
Ant-Man and Wasp would be great in an Ultimate Avengers movie with darker overtones.
Ant-Man trailer! Why is this movie being made?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:
masteen wrote:Antman and Wasp were lame. Scarlet Witch would have been awesome, but the next Avenger is Spiderman.
Ant-Man and Wasp would be great in an Ultimate Avengers movie with darker overtones.
Ant-Man trailer! Why is this movie being made?
Because it will make a shitload of money? Oh yeah, the character is cool too.

Keep it coming, Marvel!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This thread is a gold mine. No wonder Miir left. Goddamn that dude always bet on the wrong horse.

I was pretty damn accurate during the entire build-up!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This isn't the original Ant-Man that was Hank Pym. If Marvel eventually has a less than stellar movie release, this might be the one. I'm curious as to the decision making to go with this movie/hero iver some other choices.

Guardians of the Galaxy seemed like an odd choice at the time and turned out really well but I'm not seeing the potential for this movie with so many better heroes/choices out there.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ever wonder why Spider-Man hasn't at least made token appearances in the big Marvel movies like The Avengers? That's because Sony Pictures, not Disney, hold the movie rights to the web-slinger. But they've just signed a deal with Marvel that will mean Spider-Man can finally appear alongside the likes of Thor and Captain America.
Spider-Man finally free from the grips of Sony!

http://kotaku.com/spider-man-can-finall ... 1684857702

It's a partnership but at least Marvel can make some decent Spidey movies now and include him in their own movies for the upcoming Civil War, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Spider-Man finally free from the grips of Sony!

http://kotaku.com/spider-man-can-finall ... 1684857702

It's a partnership but at least Marvel can make some decent Spidey movies now and include him in their own movies for the upcoming Civil War, etc.
It doesn't say Marvel can make their own Spider-Man movies just that they can use the characters. So I'm not sure how that's "free from the grips of Sony". Regardless, Sony still seems to control Spider-Man (in regards to movies) they just appear to be "licensing" it out to Marvel. Which is ironically funny. Funnily ironic? Something like that.
Once the character is re-launched, Sony will then release a new Spider-Man movie on July 28, 2017.
Always read/quote the source article since Kotaku tries to rewrite shit and just ends up confusing things. Because they suck.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony is a curse!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony appears to be lending Spider-Man to Marvel in exchange for the studio's expertise — not its money. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel won't be paying a dime to put Spider-Man in one of its upcoming films, despite the fact that Sony still holds the character's film rights. Instead, Sony reportedly sees the free exchange as a way to bolster the Spider-Man franchise, which by most accounts should be doing far better at the box office than it currently is. Marvel is hugely successful at making superhero movies, and that means Spider-Man should be in much better shape the next time Sony puts him in a solo film.

That's a really interesting exchange for a whole host of reasons. Marvel's side is perhaps the simplest. For one, it's great news for Marvel's fans, who have wanted to see it take back Spider-Man for a long time. It'll also prime the studio's movie universe should it ever manage to reacquire the hero's film rights. But more importantly, the Reporter notes that Marvel still holds Spider-Man's merchandising rights, so there's still plenty of money for it to make off of Sony's films — especially when they're successful.

What's more notable is that, with this deal, Sony is basically admitting that it's not very good at making Spider-Man movies. Under the agreement, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige — who's generally seen as the mastermind behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe — will co-produce Sony's next Spider-Man movie. Sony retains final creative control on the films, so there's plenty that could go wrong, but the intention is quite clearly for Feige to work his magic. After all, Marvel isn't about to put its other characters into Spider-Man movies that it doesn't have faith in.

The Reporter bolsters that understanding of this agreement with new details of how the film will be made at Sony. According to its report, producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach — who had been overseeing the Amazing Spider-Man franchise and its planned universe of spinoffs — will merely be executive producers on these new films. While that's a nice title, it reportedly means that they'll have little say creatively. That's a big change, and one that seems to show Sony stepping away from its existing ideas about the character.

How this partnership plays out in the longterm still remains unclear. Sony and Marvel intend to keep working together to some degree, but it isn't obvious how close that'll be. If fans want good Spider-Man movies, they should hope that Marvel remains intimately involved. It wouldn't be surprising for Sony to want that as well: the studio could use a huge franchise, and Marvel's involvement is the closest guarantee it can get to making a hit.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/10/80149 ... spider-man

Sony admits they suck!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
What's more notable is that, with this deal, Sony is basically admitting that it's not very good at making Spider-Man movies.
Sony admits they suck!
I don't see any admission of that sort. The only one to say that is whoever wrote the article.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spider-Man saved from Sony and joins Marvel Cinematic Universe

It’s a brand new day for Spider-Man. Marvel and Sony announced that Marvel Studios will be taking over the production of any future Spider-Man films and the web slinger is now officially a member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Kevin Feige, the architect of all our fanboy hopes and dreams, and the mastermind behind Marvel Studios, will oversee the production with Amy Pascal, the former head of Sony Pictures. Pascal, who stepped down earlier this month after taking the brunt of the public embarrassment from the legendary Sony hack, has shepherded all the Spider-Man movies to date, for better or worse. Sony still owns the rights to the movies and the new Spider-Man projects will remain Sony productions, with the studio having final say. Clearly, Sony knows they suck at making Spider-Man movies and they are wisely content to sit back and let Feige and his crew work their billion-dollar magic. Fingers crossed that they don’t get in the way.
Only you can rationalize Sony's suckedness in this matter.

Don't mess with Marvel (Disney) Entertainment. They cancelled the Fantastic Four comic because of Fox's suckage and will ignore those characters until Fox gives them up. At least Sony is smart enough to know they suck.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Only you can rationalize Sony's suckedness in this matter.
I am not rationalizing anything. I'm simply wondering if you comprehend what the word "admits" means.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/stat ... 56/photo/1

Scarlet really looks like Miley Cyrus there.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Saw the new movie yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. I think my favorite part was how the story didn't just stick with the core Avengers from the first movie. A lot of "new" heroes were brought in throughout this movie. I didn't expect to really like seeing Vision as much as I did. He was never one of the characters I really followed when I read comics, but so much of the story just fit with him here.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gotta say I didn't much care for Avengers 2 compared to the first movie.

Captain America Civil War looks promising though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spider-Man trailer

And it's obvious what some of the things Sony got out of this were. A Spider-Man game exclusive to PS4 for starters. I'm also sure they get a nice cut of the movie profits as well since it's pretty much their property. Good on them to hold on to it!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Disney must be loving life right about now.

Infinity Wars is tracking for possible $235 Million opening.

I don't think Justice League made that much during it's entire run.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Huge news in the world of superheroes. Deadline reports that Disney and Sony have come to a stalemate in regards to Spider-Man and that Marvel Studios, along with its president Kevin Feige, will no longer be producing Spider-Man films.
I'd say this means good news for Xbox owners as Spider-Man 2 will probably come to Xbox...
Sony is buying Insomniac Games, the Japanese company announced Monday, making Insomniac the 14th internal studio under the Sony Interactive Entertainment banner.
But probably not. I wonder if Insomniac will be able to make Spider-Man 2 at all, really. No telling how that licensing deal was structured in the first place.

Blame Disney and their evil money grubbing ways. What an evil company.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Huge news in the world of superheroes. Deadline reports that Disney and Sony have come to a stalemate in regards to Spider-Man and that Marvel Studios, along with its president Kevin Feige, will no longer be producing Spider-Man films.
I'd say this means good news for Xbox owners as Spider-Man 2 will probably come to Xbox...
Bad news for Spider-Man. We all know how bad Spider-Man movies were before Marvel started helping out. Expect Spider-Man to get the X-Men/Fantastic Four treatment where Marvel cancelled the books (Fantastic Four) and greatly reduced the comics for X-Men until they regained the rights from Fox.

Really dumb move on Sony's part. Bad idea to go head to head with media monster Disney when they were doing well playing along with them. Same with any exclusives to Sony. Microsoft at least shares the games produced by its companies with everyone on a PC which I appreciate, not wanting to be locked to a console.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

More than 70,000 angry fans have signed a petition to 'keep Spider-Man with Disney and the MCU'
More than 70,000 disgruntled fans have signed a petition to keep Spider-Man with Disney and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"After the news today that Sony walked away from their deal with Disney, I cannot in good faith stand by while Spider-man and his fans around the world become collateral damage," Nate Phillips, who created the Change.org petition, wrote in the description. "Spider-man in the MCU has brought some of the best moments in modern cinema history. SONY you must let go of this property or renegotiate with Disney to keep all of the fans happy."

The petition continued: "Please join me in standing against Sony who I'll be boycotting until this matter is properly resolved. Share this petition and let's make our voices heard!"

At the time of this article's publication, the petition garnered more than 73,000 signatures out of its 75,000 goal.
Nice work Sony! The reason Spider-Man regained his popularity was due to Marvel helping incompetent Sony. Sony should take whatever deal Disney offers and be happy.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Disney can suck an entire bag of dicks. Their greed is going to ruin Marvel more than any of this Spiderman shit. Them getting into streaming seemed to me to be what opened the floodgates for all the studios/channels/whatever deciding they want to have their own too. I hope their streaming shit fails, or at the least that it's the catalyst for piracy to make a comeback.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oooo an ONLINE PETITION! Well that will show.. somebody.

Sony didn't walk away from the existing deal... They walked away from a new one. Maybe Disney shouldn't have been so greedy. Even Stan Lee's daughter agrees.
“When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me,” Lee said. “From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.”
But people will defend them anyway because sheep.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This must be how it went with Sony's negotiation with Disney/Marvel who want 50/50 co financing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8DoNerIPY
Aslanna wrote:Oooo an ONLINE PETITION! Well that will show.. somebody.

Sony didn't walk away from the existing deal... They walked away from a new one. Maybe Disney shouldn't have been so greedy. Even Stan Lee's daughter agrees.
“When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me,” Lee said. “From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.”
But people will defend them anyway because sheep.
You do know Stan Lee's daughter has been accused of elder abuse right? I wouldn't give her the time of day or a fucking penny.

Stan Lee's Daughter Accused of Physical, Psychological Elder Abuse
Last edited by Winnow on August 22, 2019, 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

double post!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »