Diablo 3!!

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Diablo 3!!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:
Aslanna wrote:What's a "miir"??!
I believe that is the affectionate nickname for 'Ladyboy' in Toronto.

I may be wrong, however. :D

:lol:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This game is hot stuff. I started a new Crusader, along with a couple million other people. I'm cruising through the levels as usual, but the drops are so much better than when I played through with all my other toons. My skills are meshing well with the other Crusaders and it's a really fun class to play.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Augmented Reality in the CE art book is amazing. I hope they do this with every CE art book from here on out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZMgsUP7adg
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you're going to get this on console it looks like PS4 is the way to go.
Diablo 3 running at 900p on Xbox One; PS4 version locked at 1080p
More p's for your dollar!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:If you're going to get this on console it looks like PS4 is the way to go.

On a game like Diablo I'd recommend the more comfortable Xbox One controller if you care about your hands.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

If you're getting Diablo on consoles, you're doing it wrong! :lol:
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

:vv_yeahthat:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:If you're getting Diablo on consoles, you're doing it wrong! :lol:
Same could be said for Titanfall!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:If you're getting Diablo on consoles, you're doing it wrong! :lol:

Any targeted spells/skills work better with a keyboard+mouse. Everything else works better with a controller. The game is great on consoles.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Game is great on consoles. Excellent controller setup.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I liked it better on console after getting used to the targeting with the controller. Looking forward to the upcoming release of the expansion for it....
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Game is way better on a controller than mouse + keyboard. Left click hell. Fuck Titanfall. Go Lions. USA USA USA Jimmy Carter '16 four more years!!!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

The wife and I have been playing on the XBOX One. Good stuff and I actually like the controller better that mouse-keyboard now *duck*.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I agree, I never thought a controller would be better, but it is. I wasn't planning on picking this up, but needed a new co-op game until Destiny comes out, and I'm glad I did as it's been fun. They definitely did a lot to make it great for co-op, and just plenty of improvements since I last played on the pc. Got demon hunter to paragon level 61, and working on farming T1 adventure mode.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Really weird to see this post here, as I coincidentally purchased the 360 version just a few days ago. Crusader ftw!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Canelek wrote:The wife and I have been playing on the XBOX One. Good stuff and I actually like the controller better that mouse-keyboard now *duck*.
I picked it up too and feel the same way. The Demon Hunter has been pretty fun so far.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Th wife and I have been playing co-op every chance we get. Wizard and Demon Hunter is a fun combo. We're about 1/2 way through Act 2 and it's safe to say I'm addicted all over again.

The game looks great on the PS4. I'm impressed. Also, remote play on Vita is goddamn amazing. It works flawlessly.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

adventure mode hnnnghhhhh so good
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Th wife and I have been playing co-op every chance we get. Wizard and Demon Hunter is a fun combo. We're about 1/2 way through Act 2 and it's safe to say I'm addicted all over again.

The game looks great on the PS4. I'm impressed. Also, remote play on Vita is goddamn amazing. It works flawlessly.
Yeah, it looks super on a big TV. We are playing DH/Wizard combo as well. I forgot that there is a now a Crusader class so I will try that out when she does not feel like playing.
en kærlighed småkager
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've been playing a seasonal wizard on the PC over the weekend with patch 2.1. It's been amazing to have everyone playing being back as square one and being able to co-op through the campaign and run a ton of bounty/adventures.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Crusader seems pretty OP in the defense department, at least compared to barbarian. They can basically stand still in all the effects in the game and not die. Granted when I played with someone who wad crusader the difficulty was only master, but it was still pretty crazy.

Got really lucky on some drops and crafting tonight and got my demon hunters dps up over 400k, torment 1 was much smoother after that. The increased drop rate of legendary items is also very noticeable when you jump up to torment.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The Monk, if I recall correctly, was also pretty stout on defense.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The monk defense is ok....it is their dodge that helps them out. If you get stuck with a couple of bad elite packs you get crushed by the elemental damage. Been running a lot of T2 and T3 with the wizard as a combo with a witch doctor....that is good times. My wiz is pushing 1.2 million DPS on the sheet and I am sure it is well over that with the Tal Rasha set benefits. The difference between T1 and T2 felt very very small with that kind of damage, but the jump to T3 was noticeable. It was not so much that you did not kill things with the same speed....but that when you got hit it hurt MUCH more. I have been one shot killed several times in T3 and that never happened in T1 or T2.

The one superb thing (and frustrating) in the game now is the nemesis popping out of nowhere at bad times. I have had one of those pop up on me in a rift while I had 2 elite packs AND the rift guardian. That is not a fun trick. They had so many elemental types on the screen that the xbox actually lagged. I thought I was at a Pink Floyd concert with the light shows they had going.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, they seem to actively try to pop the nemesis out at the worst possible time. I've been able to make little jumps in dps here and there, but I'm still only at like 400k... You must have either played more than me or have much better luck than I do (which wouldn't be saying much). If I could get the entire set of armor that I have the chest for and get the bonuses, I'm pretty sure that would be a huge boost.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It was the weapon that made the biggest jump up for me. I also try to build as high as possible on crit chance which has a huge effect. After that it was piecing some set pieces together and farming heavy on gems and stuff to make my items better with the mystic. I have not done quite as much with the monk yet, but did run through it to get to 70.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Farming T3 for a little while now at paragon level 45 or so. My rares are not going to get better except for maybe a couple crit damage percentage here and there, so I'm basically waiting for the other 5 pieces of the Akkhan set before I go T4 and higher.

I expect to be bored of the game long before that happens.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:Farming T3 for a little while now at paragon level 45 or so. My rares are not going to get better except for maybe a couple crit damage percentage here and there, so I'm basically waiting for the other 5 pieces of the Akkhan set before I go T4 and higher.

I expect to be bored of the game long before that happens.
What's your damage at? A couple of friends wanted to try T2 last night, and we did ok, but my damage is the highest of the bunch at about 500k, and it was definitely too slow for farming. I feel like I can't be doing something that wrong - I've got my gear optimized pretty well and I'm at paragon 81.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'll have to check when I get home. What's important to note is that I'm built 100% glass cannon. Like - if 500 vitality can be sacrificed for 6% attack speed (etc), then it has been done. If I get jailed / walled and my escape is on CD, I'm dead as soon as they get in melee range, but that rarely happens (knock on wood) allowing me to kite with blessed hammers all day and crit 10mil on the reg.

My crit chance is over 50% and my crit damage is over 400%.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ahh - see that's where I'm probably lacking. Remembering how badly I got my ass handed to me on the PC version, I definitely picked up a good chunk of resists as well, so I've sacrificed where I could get some dps gains there. That said, my resists are all around 1000, and even on torment 2 I'm much less squishy than I recall being in the past.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It's so much more fun to do more damage. Kill 'em before they kill you, like momma always said!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Honestly....the demon hunter is the suckiest to run solo. They just seem to require the most balance between damage and defense out of the classes...with not much in the way of locking things down in an enclosed area.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I checked... I'm at 847k unbuffed dps and ~6100... shield... thingy.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Make that 1200k dps and 5800 toughness. I'm going overboard! :vv_banana:
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Wife wanted to play a Crusader, so I went ahead and changed to monk, since I really enjoyed that class while fail-farming pre-lootfixing.

Fun combo! We are just into Act 3 of the first run, so obviously haven't gotten into any hairy shit yet. Monk+Crusader is fairly explosivariffic.
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Picked the expansion up last week. Been playing on a Season 2 Crusader, since I had never actually seen/played one, and he's level 70 with around 119 prestige levels. Ran a couple of the greater rifts last night, and I got the level 70 version of Halcyon's Ascent. It is basically a tribute item to Deadmau5 the DJ. I didn't get a chance to see how the "jump" mez worked before I had to head to bed though :P
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blizzard's post release support is second to none. Just fantastic stuff for all their games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So... I finally got around to playing this on PS4. I think I bought it a few years ago but it was still sealed. I'm going for the Platinum on this and most of the trophies aren't too bad but the get 6 different classes to level 70 one is going to be a grind and probably something I'll do while listening to podcasts or watching some shows that I don't need to pay that much attention to.

I have played Necromancer and Witch Doctor so far to 70 and am on Wizard now at Level 60. As far as fun goes I think so far it's been the Necromancer. WD was sorta meh and Wizard just doesn't seem to put out the damage as I miss out on a lot of the bonus cursed chests where you have to clear 5 waves of enemies before the timer finishes. I never had a problem with Necro for those. But on the other hand I've had terrible weapon drops with the Wizard while getting about 10 Legendary rings so far.

I also started a Seasonal Necro just to see what that was all about. I had 3 of the Level IV challenges left and died in a dumb manner playing on Torment IV. What made it worse was for some reason I also made that the character I used for the Hardcore run to get those trophies. So I'm going to miss out on those rewards as I'm not making another seasonal character. I think I had about 25 or so hours on that character.

As far as controllers go, as has been said by just about everyone it controls well on console. If the PC players want to be smug about mouse and keyboard they can just go on enjoying their Carpal Tunnel and RSI for all I care!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you liked Diablo III, you might try out Path of Exile. It's an improved version of Diablo III, free to play with a ridiculously deep skill tree.

I started playing it again recently after giving Wolcen a try (another Diablo III clone). Wolcen is nice but just came out of alpha and is still buggy. Grim Dawn is the other Diablo III clone that's pretty good.

Path of Exile is the best (in terms of support and depth)

Here's the build I'm using this season:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2187472

Path of building is an app you can get on the PC and use the pastebin to copy a build into the huge skill tree.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/Jj6WQ2xG

Path of Exile 2 is in development and will compete with Diablo 4 in 1-2 years

Some guy comparing Path of Exile 2 to Diablo 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb0lWpiGZgw

Both should be fun.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think I'll be pretty Diablo'd out once i Platinum D3. This "get 6 different classes to level 70" trophy is killing me. Working on #4 now: Monk.

Most of my issues are due to having to go through the whole campaign each time. Including the hardcore seasonal character that I played this is now the 5th time going through the campaign.

My wizard eventually ended up getting pretty good as far as DPS goes but so far it's the one that has taken the longest to get to that point.

--