Shared cloud drive? Etc?

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Shared cloud drive? Etc?

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Hey all. I'm wondering if there is a good free site that allows uploaded photos, music, video etc to a drive that can be accessed by someone else across the world? Something simple to upload to and password protected, so that myself and another person in Europe can share files and know that it is safe/private. Thanks!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Shared cloud drive? Etc?

Post by Winnow »

I've been using Copy.com here:

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 25&t=26227

You can read the thread but it's maintained it's speed and gives the best storage space for free (15GB +5GB if you click on the referral link in the thread posted above)

It allows shared folders and even only charges you half the storage space if you use a shared folder with someone else instead of both people being charged twice for space.

Super easy public or private links that are hassle free. Upload rate for me can max my 20Mbps up (i know many in the US don't have that kind of upstream bandwidth but at least you know it's fast.

I've been using it to upload TV shows and movies. I can upload ~2GB files pretty quick. There's no file size limit. Of course, download speeds are very good as well.

There's always Dropbox as well but Copy.com is faster and has more storage and there's nothing stopping you from using both.