Ender's Game

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ender's Game

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I saw this on Saturday. I have read the book a long time ago and then again just recently about 2 months ago. The movie was very true to novel in many regards. Some parts were abreviated and others left out and I believe this didn't really hurt the movie at all. Some lines were directly from the novel. I really like how they did the special effects. If you loved the book you'll be happy with the movie. It is tough to fit any novel into a 2 hour film.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Re: Ender's Game

Post by Lynks »

I disagree. The movie was far off from the book. We only see Ender be in 3 battles. We also don't see him get bullied or pushed to his limit. All those things are what made that book great but I understand why they did it. Too hard to turn that into a simple 2 hour movie.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I didn't care for it, and its level of hype should have que'd that to anyone. The effects/visuals were the best part. I matinee'd the movie, so for $5 it was fine. Having never read the book, perhaps that would have made the film more enjoyable.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Loved the book but didn't care too much for the movie. It wasn't bad. I don't think it did the book justice though. If I hadn't read the book, the story would have had much less meaning as the movie didn't have enough time to build the characters.

Harrison Ford needs to retire. He's dead weight.