Scandal

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Scandal

Post by Zamtuk »

Fuck it, I watch this show. And I love it. Both seasons are on Netflix and the new season is on Hulu. It is absolutely worth the marathon watch. But you may have some questions.

Is it any good? God no, its ludicrous on every level imaginable. It is really like watching a plane crash into a preschool on puppy day. EVERY EPISODE. The writing is tight, and there is no less than 5 HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED moments EVERY EPISODE. You want to scratch your head, but before you can something else will likely happen.

What is this show about? Everything. We have a tawdry love affair between a fixer and the President. President?! Yeah, that one. There is a team of super lawyers all of whom have really shady pasts that will unfold. There is a superspy agency on par with the Bourne movies, that comes heavily into play. There is political corruption. There are double crosses. There are double crosses after those double crosses that will involve even more double crosses to double cross more people. Basically shit happens at all times at all episodes.

Cliches? You bet. And you are willing to ignore them, because you want to find out what happens. "BUT YOU'RE THE BEST, THATS WHY IT HAS TO BE YOU" will be mentioned several times. IM YOUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF? Yep, thats there numerous times.

But she show is called Scandal. How scandalous? Very. So much scandalling going on. Everybody is in a scandal. The main job of the law firm is to fix scandals. And oh man, is DC ripe for scandals or what?

How is this realistic? Heh, its not, per se, however, that is the job of Olivia Pope and SHE IS THE BEST. But, really, media cycles, plottings, back alley dealings, bribing, everything comes into play to make this actually plausible. Where we get our information from the media, how does it get there, and how truthful is it? There is enough plot to give the conspiracy freaks a wet dream. Oh, and they deal with that too.

Does the President drink a glass of scotch in the shower while the First Lady blows him? You bet.

Isn't this a show for women? Kind of. I can't figure out how they've latched on to this, because there is a lot of murder, torture, infidelity (oh, so much), and fucked up shit, to genuinely make you wonder how more guys aren't on in on this. That aforementioned super spy group does some MASS KILLINGS. People die, a lot, maybe even every episode. If not, enough will die in one to make up for the others.

The First Lady is a cunt. Not a question, but it needed to be said.

I can't describe this show any better. And I did a real poor job of it here. It is about everything. The pacing in this show is so fucking fast that while you may see one or two plot holes pop up, before you can even process it, something else is happening, and it will command your full attention. Give it a try.