The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Winnow »

That's why I only buy Verbatim DL DVDs that are made in Singapore as the ones made in India suck. Nothing worse than pirating a game and having your .50 DVD fail! I suppose that was one of the few positives of the PS3 as you didn't need physical media to get games onto the console.

Those cheap companies using poor quality manufacturing plants have an impact on all of us!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Chidoro wrote:you really believe the apple "set things straight"?
nah, of course you don't

so where are xbox's assembled? isn't it some dump in Mexico?
unless you're a Moto X, there's no difference where your electronics get assembled. one place is not better than the other

Apple execs went to China and put on those cute little Chinese worker hats and observed what was going on and announced changes that were taking place to improve worker condition and reduce crazy OT hours. We'll see if Sony takes the time to investigate.
Everbody knows the apple execs went over there but my question still stands, you don't really believe, through your bullshit and rhetoric, that they actually set things straight, do you?
If you're answer is yes, then you'll have offically lost all credibility with me because you're a. trolling for the sake of it or b. lost
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote: Everbody knows the apple execs went over there but my question still stands, you don't really believe, through your bullshit and rhetoric, that they actually set things straight, do you?
If you're answer is yes, then you'll have offically lost all credibility with me because you're a. trolling for the sake of it or b. lost
I'm pointing out similarities between companies that people love/hate. With Sony, I'm mostly just being annoying in response to those that like to bash on the Xbox. Besides Sony's horrible network and the painful controller, I don't really care much about the "war" between the two consoles, and don't care if Sony is successful or not. I do hope they improve as I have a PS4 paid for and waiting for me on day one.

What pretty packaging!

Too bad you don't actually get the vertical stand that's on the box. They may as well place a bunch of gold bricks on there as well. More "cuts" from the company that loves to take things away from you.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Is it just me or do the grip sections of that controller kinda look like penises in that photo..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Too bad you don't actually get the vertical stand that's on the box. They may as well place a bunch of gold bricks on there as well. More "cuts" from the company that loves to take things away from you.
At least you can actually stand the PS4 vertical. Unlike the XBO which will scratch your discs before overheating, catching fire, and burning down your house.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Giving this a shot again. Picked up 250 shares of SNE @19.89/share

Lets see if this junk rated stock can get to at least 22.00 and pay for my PS4, PS+ and maybe a decent game if one comes along. Out if it drops below 18.90.

go SONY! <3
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:I'm mostly just being annoying
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hey Kyou, National Geographic called. They're ready to shoot your pictorial.

Go SONY! I'm starting to get into this whole Slave Station 4 thing. We need to cut costs and maximize profits! It might not be too late to take the controller out of the box.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Latest PS4 commercial

1 month to go!
Last edited by Aslanna on October 15, 2013, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Great ad. Good use of a good Lou Reed song. Too bad Microsoft's definition of advertising is blaring Axe body spray ads at you at 5000 decibels and monitoring your heart rate and sweat index so they can sell the data to whatever chemical company makes that horrible girl repellant.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Watch Dogs delayed!
Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now? We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion keeps us motivated.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.
I know Amazon was selling some PS4/Watch Dog launch day bundle preorders.. I wonder how they will handle that! Unless it was just them throwing Watch Dogs in the box along with the console. I guess they'll just not do that and adjust the preorder price.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo understand the importance of releasing games of the very highest quality for their consoles. Our partnership with Sony remains strong and we will have more details to share about the specific benefits of this partnership for PlayStation customers at a later date."

Um, what? I wrote back: "This is a little disconcerting. Tons of our readers pre-ordered the next-gen Watch Dogs bundles - you guys really don't have an answer for what will happen to their pre-orders? Should they just cancel?

Ubisoft's second response:

We hope that players who have pre-ordered the game will still look forward to playing it in Spring 2014, and that the extra polish and quality we’ll be able to add to the game will ensure a fantastic gaming experience.

The big question here is whether people are still guaranteed their next-gen consoles this fall. Will they have to wait until next year? Will they get some sort of make-up voucher?

We've reached out to Microsoft and Sony as well, and we'll keep you updated as we hear more.
I assume they'll try to stick a voucher in the box but I'd want to know the answer now if I had one of those bundles.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

As of right now (just got off the phone with Amazon customer service), if you ordered the Watch Dog Launch Day Bundle, you will not receive your console until Watch Dogs is released in 2014. It's a developing story so the nice lady told me it's totally possible Amazon releases a statement in the next week. But, as of now you cannot switch bundles and you won't be getting your PS4 launch day if you pre-ordered the Watch Dogs Bundle.
!
My friend called Amazon and they said he would still be receiving a PS4 on launch. That they were reducing the price to match a pre order with no game. 35 minutes ago
Who to believe!

Just another reason not to order bundles. Price was the same as buying the game separately... Just do that! Although I imagine a bunch of those were people who couldn't get the launch-day console itself so went the next best route.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Kyou wrote: blaring Axe body spray ads at you at 5000 decibels and monitoring your heart rate and sweat index so they can sell the data to whatever chemical company makes that horrible girl repellant.
god i love your rants
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Red Line of Death! RLOD
The image above was snapped at a Sony event being held in Spain recently. The red line you see is an LED that is typically blue to signal the console is turned on and working normally. But in this instance it has turned red. Apparently it was accompanied by a message on the attached display stating that the PS4′s internal temperature was very high.
This also demonstrates Sony reps are idiots for placing a console in an unventilated glass container.

Word on the street is that Sony fanbois are purposely overheating consoles because the red line looks groovy.

My recent 250 share SNE buy was enough to get me a meeting with an unnamed Sony exec that let it be known that prostitutes will be made available to the Chinese forced labor students working on the Slave Station 4s to uplift moral. Of course this is even more forced labor but with it being twice removed from Sony, the average PS fanboi might pass out from caring so little before noticing. On the positive side, the second batch of consoles might have less RLODs.

With the 30 day mark approaching before launch day, I'm asking you to refrain from posting any negative comments regarding the PS4 on this or any other forum. All that matters is that it initially sells a TON of units to temporarily lift the stock price (currently still heading down) a few bucks before the big plunge.

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

fanbois

what a stupid fucking faggot you are.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

shut up cow
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

While it may indicate overheating I seriously doubt it's the same indicator as the 360 RRoD where your console was inoperable from that point forward and you had to send it back and hope the one they sent you in return lasted more than 30 days.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Please tell me that red light moved list a Cylon's..
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:While it may indicate overheating I seriously doubt it's the same indicator as the 360 RRoD where your console was inoperable from that point forward and you had to send it back and hope the one they sent you in return lasted more than 30 days.
As you enjoy often saying, "that was last generation". The second gen 360's are awesome and the Xbox One has a silent fan bigger than some fanboi heads.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

As you enjoy often saying "I'm a stupid fucking faggot that would have ended it all years ago if I wasn't such a retarded coward"

fanbois offroffle

what a fucking useless gimp
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:As you enjoy often saying, "that was last generation". The second gen 360's are awesome and the Xbox One has a silent fan bigger than some fanboi heads.
Once is "often"? Weird!

Point being it was just an indication of overheating... Not death.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:As you enjoy often saying "I'm a stupid fucking faggot that would have ended it all years ago if I wasn't such a retarded coward"

Are you serious? Another copycat line? Are you being beaten? Head trauma? If so let me know and I'll ease up. No fun if you're punch drunk.

What's up with the fag lines? You got something against fags? Not surprising.

RLOD
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony was quick to jump on the evil Microsoft bandwagon when it suited them earlier this year, but it looks like they forgot to mention what will happen when you try to purchase games through PSN on PS4. Spoiler alert, Sony’s digital DRM policies are less than friendly to those interested in sharing.

If you purchase a game on PSN right now with your PlayStation 3, anyone with access to the console has access to the game. The purchasing system on the PS3 is fairly open, allowing you to have the game on multiple consoles with your account setup. This system used to allow for up to five locations for the game to exist, but has since been limited to two. It looks like the PSN on Sony’s next console will decrease that number from two to one, and will also bind the game specifically to your account.

The social networking-esque layout to the PS4 makes it painfully obvious that most people aren’t going to want to share their account with others. Your friends, your games, and your social statuses will create a highly personalized experience. This is largely a good thing, and the UI looks nice as well, but as a result there’s not likely to be a lot of account sharing for most people.

It also causes a unique new problem for PSN purchases, which will be bound to the account of the user making the purchase. You’d have to either buy the game twice or share your account in order for anyone else to play it.

This is identical to how the Xbox 360 currently operates, and will be similar to how the Xbox One operates, but is largely a step back for PlayStation users. The Xbox One family sharing system will provide a more functional experience for how things are shared across Xbox Live users, but since those you share with won’t have access to the whole game it’s not a big enough difference to clearly say it is better than Sony’s implementation.

It is interesting that Sony is taking this step backward in how they handle digital goods after leading the charge against Microsoft regarding their own DRM policies at their launch event.
http://www.geek.com/games/drm-for-the-p ... s-1574067/

Sony sure is great at marketing though! SNE stock down for third straight day.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have no problem with it. The "charge" they "led" was for physical media. Everyone knows digital will be more locked down. Hence why I prefer physical media when possible.

Next non-issue please.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I have no problem with it. The "charge" they "led" was for physical media. Everyone knows digital will be more locked down. Hence why I prefer physical media when possible.

Next non-issue please.
Physical media is vanishing fast. Not hard to observe that. Microsoft had/has the more forward thinking policy on digital media. Hopefully it will be back in place soon.

Books? gone digital
Music? gone digital
Movies? quickly going digital
Games? People spluge over Steam, consoles next.

At this point, it shouldn't even take a little vision to see what's going on.

When's the last time you went to a library?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You don't need to go to a library to read a book.

However I can tell you the last book I read was a nice hardcover tome! I'm old fashioned and I'm sticking to it as long as I can.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Is PS4 Launch Game DriveClub Delayed To 2014?

Has one of the PlayStation 4's big launch exclusives has been pushed back to next year? Rumors are swirling that DriveClub has been delayed to 2014, but Sony won't comment on the matter.

A website called The Same Coin sparked the rumor earlier today, claiming they'd heard from "an anonymous source" that Sony's big racing game, originally slated for release alongside the PS4 on November 15, has been bumped to next spring. "Treat this as 100% rumour for now," they wrote. "Hopefully it will turn out to be false."

While I hadn't heard of this website before today, a person familiar with goings-on at Sony told me this afternoon that the report is true.

To add some fuel to this rumor fire, today in San Francisco, Sony is holding an event to show off their PS4 games. Although DriveClub was originally part of the lineup, a Sony rep told me this afternoon that it has been removed due to a "scheduling conflict."

When I asked if the game has been delayed, the Sony rep said they don't comment on rumors and speculation.

DriveClub design director Paul Rustchynsky wrote on Twitter today that he doesn't have "any new information on DRIVECLUB to share."

At E3 in June, Sony promised that their PlayStation Plus membership program will include access to a free beta of DriveClub, among other benefits. If DriveClub is indeed delayed, Sony may need to find a way to replace that offer.

These rumors come a day after the delay of Watch Dogs, the sci-fi open world game that was also originally set to launch alongside next-gen consoles this November. Maybe something's in the water this week. We'll keep you updated as we hear more.
oh my, one of a measly three crappy PS4 exclusive launch day titles for PS4 possibly delayed? Pretty lame start.

hope it's not the crappy PS4 SDK holding up Watch Dogs for everyone...most likely it is.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

please keep calling everyone "fanbois" (you're such a fucking twat) while you tonelessly cheerlead another console in your uncharismatic douchey way. I have no idea why you don't just fucking end it. No one on this forum likes you and I can pretty confidently state no one at all likes you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Speak for yourself cunt. You're already in a sad state. If you start shitting absolutes out of your trap and bringing back your imaginary friends to the conversation, you may completely lose your grip and kill yourself, saving whoever pays your bills some money. Fucking clown.

Now sit back and cross your gnarly fingers that the two remaining PS4 exclusive crap launch titles actually launch with the console. We might be in for the first console launch ever that has no exclusive titles. "For gamerz" lol, stupid fanbois.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sony sure is great at marketing though! SNE stock down for third straight day.
It finished up yesterday so... Wrong again!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:You don't need to go to a library to read a book.

However I can tell you the last book I read was a nice hardcover tome! I'm old fashioned and I'm sticking to it as long as I can.
Same, I buy actual (lots of them). Having a file in a E-reader just isn't the same. Plus I don't trust "books" I would buy for a kindle or whatnot to be around for my lifetime like my books will be.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

just ignore winnow. the more things that are digital the more he can pirate it for free. physical media will always be superior to digital because you own it. these big media companies will not allow you to own something as long as they retain the rights to take it away from you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Sony sure is great at marketing though! SNE stock down for third straight day.
It finished up yesterday so... Wrong again!
Check the time on the post. The stock market wasn't closed when I posted and I didn't say it closed down. (just helping you out with your right and wrong stats!)

There's been high volume the past few days with SNE. Shorts covering. With any luck (meaning no more bad PS4 news and no general bad market factors) it should shoot up over the next few weeks.

Go SONY!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

And we thought Argentina had it bad. In Brazil, the land of high video game import taxes, PlayStation fans will have to shell out 3,999 Brazilian Real for Sony's next console come November 29. That's roughly $1,850 USD. Ouch

The $100 price advantage the $399 PlayStation 4 enjoys over the $499 Xbox One here in the States is nothing compared to the massive difference between the two in Brazil. According to our Brazilian sister site, Microsoft's console will be sold for a mere R$ 2,200, or $1,016 USD
Xbox is $800+ cheaper than PS4 even with the high tech Kinect 2 in the box.

http://kotaku.com/playstation-4-will-co ... 1447101291

Bad News For Sony And PS4 If DriveClub Does Get Delayed
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"For the analog sticks,” he says, “we did test having the analog sticks on top, since the Xbox has the left side on top [above the D-pad]. Especially from the shooter teams — we got feedback that that’s what they wanted. They knew that consumers liked the 360 for shooters."

Seems that despite the Xbox influence, this particular prototype was almost identical to the Pro controller Nintendo would release for the Wii U, with the face buttons below the right stick. Sony didn't go through with the idea because the team felt that it put the X button in the wrong spot.
Looks like Sony was well aware of the superior design of the Xbox Controller but made their users suffer because they didn't want to copy. Sorry, sometimes you've got to bite the bullet and go with what's best. PS4 has an inferior controller because Sony purposely made it that way knowing full well the Xbox controller layout was preferred.

Makes sense. When you look at the Dualshock 4 it looks like Sony was trying to make a symmetrical piece of art while Microsoft didn't give a shit what it "looked" like and focused on comfort and function. Dualshock sure looks pretty in marketing campaigns. Symmetrical analogue sticks with the double-dong handles.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

?

Post by Winnow »

the face buttons on the DualShock 3 aren't equally spaced. Square and Circle are, in fact, slightly further apart than Triangle and X. Amusingly, it wasn't until Sony was beginning work on the DualShock 4 that it was properly noticed.

"Nobody noticed it. Actually, when we were testing and laying it out, we said, ‘Hey, the DualShock 3 isn’t really the same distance there,'" he explained. "When we designed the DualShock 4, we wanted the touchpad to be in the middle and as large as possible but not enough to make the controller really big. We made the square and circle a little closer, so they’re the same distance as all the buttons. That saves horizontal space to have more for the touchpad."
Christ, they can't even measure distance. And now they change the dualshock layout more to accommodate that obnoxious touchpad that is hard to reach due to Sony refusing to listen to recommendations to switch to the Xbox style joystick layout which would have had the added benefit of actually letting someone's thumb to reach the touchpad without more finger yoga.

With all the excitement about PS4 and all the negativity toward Xbox One, Windows 8 and anything Microsoft, it's not surprising to see the enthusiasm and direction SNE and MSFT are heading:
[Show]

Oh wait, WTF is going on?!?! It's two weeks before the PS4 launch. Grandma's are already lining up with canes to beat people down in order for the chance to grab a PS4 for themselves, not for their kids.

Go SONY!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Your posts remind me of Sarah Palin talking. Just a bunch of incoherent rambling with no real point. I'm surprised you didn't blame Obama somewhere in there.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The PlayStation 4 will require a day one patch to add a number of features to the console at launch, which does not include the ability to put the console in sleep mode, Sony announced today.

Update 1.50 is approximately 300 MB and will add promised features including:

Remote Play using the PlayStation Vita
Second screen gaming using the PS4 Link app for PlayStation Vita and mobile devices
The ability to record and share screenshots and video
Use of Ustream and Twitch apps
The ability to play games as they are downloading
The ability for four users to log into the PS4 simultaneously
Party chat
Facial recognition and voice commands
A background music player
Online multiplayer through PlayStation Plus
Blu-ray disc and DVD player capabilities

At launch, players will be unable to put the PS4 in suspend/resume mode, which will set the console into a lowered-powered sleep state and allow users to jump back into their game when resuming use.
No sleep mode is a bit lame. I don't think it will take them that long to add it though. It's a feature on the Vita so how hard can it be!

--
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Who cares about the ability for sleep mode. Did you miss the whole ability to use the fucking built in blu ray and dvd drive? It can't even use it without a patch? It's an easy and trivial fix, sure, and I'm certainly not upset over it since I'm not buying one. But the whole internet explodes over the Xbox's announcement that it needs to be constantly connected to the internet to work and here the ps4 won't even read discs until you plug it into the internet and update the firmware. Nor will online multiplayer work. That's okay though, the Wii U had the same issue I think. I'm sure the xbox one will too, with day one patches...I just hope it can read discs out of the box, for the industry's sake.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah, Sony loves their updates. The thing is there is not much point in putting outdated firmware on a console that started manufacturing 6 months ago, so it was just purposely built without any of it at all. Both consoles require a one time online authentication when it's first turned on, I am pretty sure. Sony first party games will probably come with the update on the disc as well. now that consoles are ubiquitously connected to the internet, day one updates will be commonplace, if not required.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Dakanaf wrote:Who cares about the ability for sleep mode. Did you miss the whole ability to use the fucking built in blu ray and dvd drive? It can't even use it without a patch? It's an easy and trivial fix, sure, and I'm certainly not upset over it since I'm not buying one. But the whole internet explodes over the Xbox's announcement that it needs to be constantly connected to the internet to work and here the ps4 won't even read discs until you plug it into the internet and update the firmware. Nor will online multiplayer work. That's okay though, the Wii U had the same issue I think. I'm sure the xbox one will too, with day one patches...I just hope it can read discs out of the box, for the industry's sake.
Uh. They didn't say Blu-Ray and DVD functionality. They said capabilities. As in like more features. At least that's how I read it. I'm fairly certain it will read DVDs and Blu-Ray discs right out of the box. Just to test I will be sure to try playing a game before going online and report the results back to you.

And online multiplayer not 'working' makes sense since uh.. You have to go online to play online. And to go online it does firmware checks and makes you update. No different than the PS3/360 of today so I don't see your big consternation about that.

And yes XBO is scheduled for "day one patches" it's already been announced.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Dakanaf wrote:Who cares about the ability for sleep mode. Did you miss the whole ability to use the fucking built in blu ray and dvd drive? It can't even use it without a patch? It's an easy and trivial fix, sure, and I'm certainly not upset over it since I'm not buying one. But the whole internet explodes over the Xbox's announcement that it needs to be constantly connected to the internet to work and here the ps4 won't even read discs until you plug it into the internet and update the firmware. Nor will online multiplayer work. That's okay though, the Wii U had the same issue I think. I'm sure the xbox one will too, with day one patches...I just hope it can read discs out of the box, for the industry's sake.
You cannot even play an Xbone game day 1 until it updates. It needs to remove the DRM "feature" that they reversed.

And yes, the WiiU had a crazy patch at launch, but it's huge now. I think the entire patch is around 2GB!

The PS3 patching/updating is the fucking worst though. For fuck's sake I hope they fixed that this gen.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Aslanna wrote:
Uh. They didn't say Blu-Ray and DVD functionality. They said capabilities. As in like more features. At least that's how I read it. I'm fairly certain it will read DVDs and Blu-Ray discs right out of the box. Just to test I will be sure to try playing a game before going online and report the results back to you.

And online multiplayer not 'working' makes sense since uh.. You have to go online to play online. And to go online it does firmware checks and makes you update. No different than the PS3/360 of today so I don't see your big consternation about that.

And yes XBO is scheduled for "day one patches" it's already been announced.
I didn't even read your post until I had already read this but yours summed it up so there was no need to link it. But if you don't want to click the links, from the yahoo article:
According to the official PlayStation blog, Sony’s upcoming system won’t be able to play DVDs or Blu-ray discs out of the box despite having a perfectly fine Blu-ray drive built into the hardware.
From the official sony blog:
Blu-ray Disc and DVD player
Users can enjoy not only gaming on their PS4 system, but also Blu-ray and DVD video contents. When using for the first time, users must connect to the internet to activate this feature.
So yes, to use the built in drive, you must connect it to the internet first. So just like the xbox one.

Again, in the scheme of things this is NOT a big deal. Plug it into the internet like you're going to do anyway and a few minutes later and you're set. The thing that I find amusing about it is all the outrage Microsoft got from the always online shit. All I know is that this new console generation just makes me love my pc even more.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

do you really not see a difference between a one time online activation and a machine that requires you to have a constant connection to the internet or you can't use it?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Analyst: Xbox One, PS4 to ship 5-6 million units this holiday

Robert W. Baird analyst expecting "slightly higher" Xbox One sales during launch window.

by Eddie Makuch on October 25, 2013

Total worldwide shipments for the Xbox One and PlayStation will reach 5-6 million units each this holiday, Robert W. Baird analyst Colin Sebastian said in a note to investors today.

Sebastian predicted that both consoles would ship 1.5-2 million each in North America, with the remaining 2.5-3 million coming from international markets.

Though he anticipates identical shipment figures, Sebastian gave an edge to Microsoft, at least in North America.

"While many forecasts still give an edge to Sony/PS4 in North America sales, we continue to expect similar or even slightly higher sales of Xbox One by the end of the launch window," Sebastian said.

Sebastian also called out the significant mark-ups both consoles are seeing on eBay right now as an indication of popularity. Xbox One preorder sales on eBay are close to $800, while PS4 orders are going for around $600, he said.

The PS4 launches November 15 for $400, while the Xbox One will debut on November 22 for $500.
Oops! If Sony can't even outsell Xbox One at launch at $100.00 less with all the shit Microsoft got for E3, they are royally fucked this gen.

Looks like Microsoft's new ad agency is paying off with their new Xbox commercial.

Nice to see Microsoft blew away earnings estimates again this quarter with their stock jumping big time. Add another 5+ billion to Microsoft's loot pile.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Analyst speculation is one step below rumors.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

why do you keep engaging this retarded troll
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

kyoukan wrote:do you really not see a difference between a one time online activation and a machine that requires you to have a constant connection to the internet or you can't use it?
Microsoft removed this requirement back in July when they made the console require the disk every time the game is played.

The Xbox One is a one time activation online and day one patch, just like the PS4.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Yes, I know. He was asking why no one is shitting their pants over Sony's day one firmware update when everyone went off about Xbone's previous always on requirement.

The only similarity is at one point you have to plug an ethernet cable or wifi connection to your console at some point.

Apropos of that, I just bought a Wii U the other day for my kids (they don't touch it) and was floored that fucking machine doesn't even have an ethernet port. You have to hook it up through wifi or get a ethernet to USB adapter. What a fucking weird thing to leave out of a machine, especially considering Nintendo's eShop is built in and every game is available on it. Also, my nearly 3 year old iphone 4 gets better download speeds off of wifi than this thing.