Looking for a game

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Looking for a game

Post by Bubba Grizz »

that I can play with my kids. To give you an idea of what I am looking for, I was hoping to find a game like Midi-Maze. While searching for that I found Faceball 3000. That game looks tame enough to play with my kids but I am not sure if that is still available. So what I am looking for is something like Faceball 3000, not as difficult or graphic as something like Quake, and a FPS that we can play together or against each other. My kids are 10 and 6. Anyone have anything?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Looking for a game

Post by Aslanna »

Forgot some key details.. Like what platform. PC? Console? Tablet?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare sounds right up your ally. It's not out yet, but it's worth looking into.

My family plays Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 2, Rayman Origins/Legends, New Super Mario Brothers Wii & WiiU, and Playstation AllStars all the time. My girls are ages 4 and 6 (my 4yrd old turns 5 on Saturday!). Of course, the girls play MineCraft and also run one of my alts all around in WoW every once in awhile too.

We always keep our eyes open for good co-op games but it needs to support all 4 of us at once and have little to no downtime. We're considering letting them play Diablo 3 with us on the 360, but the inventory management might be the deal breaker there.

EDIT: Board games are where our family time really comes into play. Much more so than video games. We're avid board gamers and our kids are both finally getting to the point where they can grasp more complex rules.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Kirby Return to Dreamland, Sonic Generations is also great. Ryman Origins is excellent and can be got for cheap.

There's always stuff like Castle Crashers or Splosion Man on the 360.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Erf, sorry about that. I knew I forgot something. We'd need to play this on the PC. My computers out number our game systems about 6 to 1. We've done board games but my son is not a very good loser and an even worse winner. We're working on that.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:t my son is not a very good loser and an even worse winner. We're working on that.

Play Second Life! There are no winners or losers*.

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3d_fqDcN1s